Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's Official-The new Minelab GPX5000 is here

+11
sandy2010
Narrawa
Nightjar
Tributer
gollstar
1066andyg
Detrackozi
bp77
Celeste
Acan
Topcat
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

It's Official-The new Minelab GPX5000 is here Empty It's Official-The new Minelab GPX5000 is here

Post  Topcat Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:25 pm

Minelab will release two new detectors on the market as of the 30thAugust 2010.

There will be two new detectors released from Minelab....GPX4800 & GPX5000
Details:

GPX 5000 key features

8 Soil/Timings is like having 8 detectors in 1, find more gold in ALL ground conditions
Fine Gold Timing gives even more depth and sensitivity than Enhance — bring home more nuggets even from ground thought to be completely worked out!
Salt/Gold Timing is great for all nugget sizes in salty ground — outstanding at the beach!
Coin/Relic Timing is the deepest ever for benign ground conditions
Improved electronics for increased target sensitivity and ground balance performance (includes improved Enhance Timing)
6 factory preset Search Modes for switch on and go simplicity
Automatic Ground Balance options to suit all conditions
Increased Rx Gain adjustment allowing more precise sensitivity control and better performance
Lightweight Li-ion Battery with inbuilt Speaker Booster capability
11” Double-D coil plus 11” Monoloop coil as standard
RRP:$6,700.00

GPX 4800 key features

6 Soil/Timings is like having 6 detectors in 1, find more gold in more ground conditions
Coin/Relic Timing is the deepest ever for benign ground conditions
Improved electronics for increased target sensitivity and ground balance performance (includes improved Enhance Timing)
3 factory preset Search Modes for switch on and go simplicity
Automatic Ground Balance options to suit all conditions
Rx Gain adjustment for adjusting Sensitivity
Lightweight Li-ion Battery with inbuilt Speaker Booster capability
11” Double-D coil as standard
RRP:$6150.00

Cheers

Ted

Last edited by Topcat on Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:09 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Correction to RRP costs.)
Topcat
Topcat
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-10-27

http://topcathaveweels.com/

Back to top Go down

It's Official-The new Minelab GPX5000 is here Empty Re: It's Official-The new Minelab GPX5000 is here

Post  Guest Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:48 pm

are those specifications from minelab?

Back to top Go down

It's Official-The new Minelab GPX5000 is here Empty New GPX 4800 and 5000

Post  Acan Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:07 pm

Coming soon

New GPX Detectors

It's Official-The new Minelab GPX5000 is here 21617

Since its release in April 2008, the GPX-4500 has been regarded as the most superior gold detector available. Some said it couldn't be done, but as always Minelab's dedicated R&D team took on the challenge and have been working hard behind the scenes to improve this solid detector even further. We are now very excited to announce, after rigorous testing in some of the toughest conditions worldwide, the NEW GPX detectors are coming very soon!
Key features of the new GPX detectors include improved electronics, NEW Soil/Timings, preset search modes, automatic ground balance, increased Rx Gain adjustment and much, much more. All of these new features, combined with the established GPX ability to see through ground mineralisation, results in you gaining the GPX Depth Advantage. The GPX Depth Advantage allows you to find gold much deeper than ANY other detector, in ALL ground conditions!
It's Official-The new Minelab GPX5000 is here 21616-200x301

GPX 5000 key features

• 8 Soil/Timings is like having 8 detectors in 1, find more gold in ALL ground conditions
  • Fine Gold Timing gives even more depth and sensitivity than Enhance — bring home more nuggets even from ground thought to be completely worked out!
  • Salt/Gold Timing is great for all nugget sizes in salty ground — outstanding at the beach!
  • Coin/Relic Timing is the deepest ever for benign ground conditions
  • Improved electronics for increased target sensitivity and ground balance performance (includes improved Enhance Timing)
  • 6 factory preset Search Modes for switch on and go simplicity
  • Automatic Ground Balance options to suit all conditions
  • Increased Rx Gain adjustment allowing more precise sensitivity control and better performance
  • Lightweight Li-ion Battery with inbuilt Speaker Booster capability
  • 11” Double-D coil plus 11” Monoloop coil as standard

GPX 4800 key features

• 6 Soil/Timings is like having 6 detectors in 1, find more gold in more ground conditions
  • Coin/Relic Timing is the deepest ever for benign ground conditions
  • Improved electronics for increased target sensitivity and ground balance performance (includes improved Enhance Timing)
  • 3 factory preset Search Modes for switch on and go simplicity
  • Automatic Ground Balance options to suit all conditions
  • Rx Gain adjustment for adjusting Sensitivity
  • Lightweight Li-ion Battery with inbuilt Speaker Booster capability
  • 11” Double-D coil as standard

We can't show you too much more just yet, but we would like to share with you some of the results from our field testers...

‘When I first discovered the spot it was easy to dig fifty or more bullets in an afternoon but in time the count had dwindled down to 5 or 6 in an equal amount of time. My trip there with the GPX netted 78 bullets that the MXT and Infinium LS had missed.’

It's Official-The new Minelab GPX5000 is here 21618-200x150

'I went back to the hill where I found the 78 bullets and in two hours I had found 28 more plus some small brass'

‘...although this site had been cleared of all targets using the GPX-4000, I still managed to get lots of good strong responses from targets around 10 inches deep.’

‘I counted up all the small gold I have found in this site, so far it is 419 pieces for 210 grams... and thats in flogged, extreme ground!’

'…having a smooth and quiet threshold with minimal ground noise along with perfected timings has quite simply staggered me...'

It's Official-The new Minelab GPX5000 is here 21619

'…in fact this latest detector would have to be one of the smoothest detecting experiences I have ever had...'

'Total GPX finds so far include 1215 bullets, 124 buttons, 7 coins, 2 breast plates and 1 buckle'

"The GPX 5000's new Fine Gold timing and expanded Rx Gain have proven to be valuable tools for working the diverse goldfields of the southwestern US. Newcomers to the hobby will benefit from the preprogrammed search modes which make detecting a breeze. My first outing yielded a dozen small nuggets in mineralised, hot rock infested ground that has been swung over time and time again. I can hardly wait to revisit all of my old patches this season!"

If you want to find out why Bruce Candy believes that 'these GPX detectors are Minelab's best ever' stay tuned... we have plenty more information and videos to share with you next week. So check back to www.minelab.com to be the first to know.

Acan
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2010-05-17

Back to top Go down

It's Official-The new Minelab GPX5000 is here Empty Re: It's Official-The new Minelab GPX5000 is here

Post  Guest Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:09 pm

RRP for the gpx5000 = $6700 not $6500
and all the specs will be posted on the minelab website
http://www.minelab.com
as of 23rd august.

The RRP for the gpx4800 = $6150 again all specs available
minelab website
http://www.minelab.com
as of 23rd august.

All the best
Pete It's Official-The new Minelab GPX5000 is here 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Celeste Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:16 pm

Har Topcat!
i heard actual RRP on both detectors is higher. It's Official-The new Minelab GPX5000 is here Icon_smile It's Official-The new Minelab GPX5000 is here Icon_smile
Celeste
Celeste
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:17 pm

acan...will it go much deeper on BIG gold than the 4500?

Back to top Go down

Post  Acan Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:24 pm

Claimpeg.... more info from Minelab site next week. 23rd. Seems to be able to go deeper. The 5000 is the pick and 2 coils.

Acan
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:33 pm

is that info u put up from there website?

Back to top Go down

Post  Acan Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:35 pm

Claimpeg... yes went up on minelab.com.au site today. Go to detectors - then news and it states what is above. No prices yet. More news next week on the 23rd.

Acan
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:36 pm

thanks It's Official-The new Minelab GPX5000 is here Icon_biggrin

Back to top Go down

Post  Topcat Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:27 pm

Celeste wrote:Har Topcat!
i heard actual RRP on both detectors is higher. It's Official-The new Minelab GPX5000 is here Icon_smile It's Official-The new Minelab GPX5000 is here Icon_smile

The prices I was quoted were lower then stated in other posts.
I have amended my original post & stand corrected on the RRP.

Cheers

Ted
Topcat
Topcat
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 88

http://topcathaveweels.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  bp77 Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:46 am

new gpx if it does go deeper then the 4500 i have a 1.6tonne excavtor for hire ha ha Laughing Laughing
bp77
bp77
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:04 pm

So I need a GPX 5000 to find more Bullets

22 Bullets do not go deep and if that is the max it can go then that is not much deeper you should be able to clean up on any area with any of the pass detectors

If it does go deeper then your best shot is big coils and work the leads in the gullies thats were you should pick up the lumps that have not yet been found and that will be the best test you could do.

Lets just hope thats what it will do then the price will match the find or it will just be another spin to buy the latest.

Good luck to all that get the hands on the first lot.

It's Official-The new Minelab GPX5000 is here Ferretfindnugget1

Last edited by Detrackozi on Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1098

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:01 pm

i reckon they should just send one or 2 to each state, then go out in the bush and give them a go for a week with video footage, then say how they go..that's the way to test them out....

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:19 pm

i read the dealer newsletter today on the 2 new detectors....theres nothing on it that mentions going deeper on bigger gold......... Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

It's Official-The new Minelab GPX5000 is here Empty new minelab

Post  1066andyg Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:29 pm

Sounds like its just gonna be more digging [I can feel my back going as i write!!!]

1066andyg
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2010-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:39 pm

reading the info minelab put out...sounds like a small gold detector to me......it even mentions getting "fine gold"

who wants fine gold..????????

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:44 pm

an ounce of fine gold weighs the same as an ounce nugget

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:54 pm

it all adds up don't matter what size you find...i don't mind finding the small stuff just means there is a bigger one somewhere that could be close by..

Back to top Go down

Post  gollstar Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:56 pm

MT, ive 3 remote helicoptors, a remote petrol wrx a goat and 4 chickens for swop for the 4500, this bargain offer is only available for a limited time,
gollstar
gollstar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 697
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:58 pm

yeah but theres not small stuff lying all over the place.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:01 pm

gollstar wrote:MT, ive 3 remote helicoptors, a remote petrol wrx a goat and 4 chickens for swop for the 4500, this bargain offer is only available for a limited time,
ha! dude messaged me back and said you may not be able to find gold with model helicopters but you can make money with them...I said how? joy rides for midgets?? don't think he appreciated it.

damn thing has 62 watchers...probably all from here lol

Back to top Go down

Post  gollstar Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:12 pm

I had to laugh when i sore his offer, i hope the new detectors does the stuff people want i have a chance to buy one or spend the money on a trip to WA with the 4000, i think ill hedge my bets towards WA because people are finding ounces with sd's, gp's and gpx detectors. But you never know if it does find some deeper gold i might very well change my mind.
gollstar
gollstar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 697
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:15 pm

deeper gold would be nice, but more gold is what concerns me...any improvement is an improvement in my books...smaller or bigger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:21 pm

be nice if u could run a big mono in hot ground in NORMAL mode and it was lots quieter......

Back to top Go down

Post  Tributer Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:49 pm

The blurb so far seems to indicate that better ground balance and improved electronics will improve enhance and the new fine timing will be good on small gold.

They seem to go out of their way not to state that it will detect absolutly deeper on deep targets. The depth improvement statement is carefully crafted in my opinion.

Hopefully all the refinments when applied to different ground conditions will allow us to hear more nuggets then we do now.

I can't see anything to suggest any other major changes. The 4500 has 6 timings, fine gold is one new timing and relic timing (on benign ground) may suit the USA but not me.
Numerous Presets will be good for casual users. Finer gain adjustment etc etc..nothing really new. Finer threshold adjust would be good.

I was hoping for some breakthrough on deep target timings/frequencies or something but it sounds like there is just some tweeking in existing settings, software (which could produce an improved package). Ground balance improvement will help a bit.

But we have only a little info, just enough to build our anticipation and i am ranting on without all the details. Hopefully there will some major improvements/glowing reports/future proof software upgrade system or something else dropped on us before the release date to really rev us up prior to release.
I like the build up strategy of Minelab...it works well on my gold fever ridden body and it beats the old system when the new model detector suddenly drops from the sky (the week after i just buy the latest model)

Tributer

Last edited by Tributer on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tributer
Tributer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1006

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:00 pm

the only thing we can do is sit back a wait for it to come out and see how it's set up and how well it go's...if they say to much it wont get people exited when they bring them out....i wont be going out buying one until i see how it go's and what people say about it. but that's just me....

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:17 am

Gday

I was wondering why minelab are introducing two new machines, when if you have to option of the gpx 5000 over the gpx4800 why wouldnt you go for the 5000?, also has anyone heard if the batteries from the 4500 are going to be compatable and what coils are going to be best suited?

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:33 am

Morning StayyerAU,
Maybe two models to cater for Ozi and oversees buyers?
Wonder why Minelab doesn't give buyers the option to include only a Mono or DD in their package.
The 5000 package would cost less, however the 4800 will cost more when you add a mono to your order???

Cheers
Peter
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2688
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:52 am

Gday Nightjar

As you say it could be that one is intended for overseas buyers or people using them in less severe conditions?, anyway it sort of brought to mind something like launching the gpx4000 and the gpx4500 at the same time, most buyers would have more than likely opted for the 4500 over the 4000.

Anyway it will be interesting to see whats what.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next