Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best deal on a 5000 ?

+12
Flakmagnet
Jonathan Porter
goldtimer
Qld Sandy
paragold
llanbric
nero_design
24kt
Nugget Meister
Tributer
hotrockgarry
Jim Beam
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Best deal on a 5000 ? Empty Best deal on a 5000 ?

Post  Jim Beam Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:38 pm

Hi all,

Any ideas where can I get the best price/deal on a new 5000?

Jimbo

Jim Beam
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-10-01

Back to top Go down

Best deal on a 5000 ? Empty A POST FROM FENCE JUMPER RE: 5000Price

Post  hotrockgarry Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:01 am

not real sure about nsw but i know minersden (parramatta) are doing deals for cash but i would
do a little more checking around other dealers and ask the one you WANT to deal with to match best price you can find
but don't go over $6400 cause you can get it
cheers chris
fencejumper

hotrockgarry
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2010-09-04

Back to top Go down

Best deal on a 5000 ? Empty Re: Best deal on a 5000 ?

Post  Tributer Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:00 am

Hi Jimbo, as Fencejumper mentions, ring every dealer,(there are a few when you search) tell them you are ready to buy and ask for a cash price/or credit card price.

Ring them and ask the dealers verbally, most don't want to put their price in writing/email.

Remember its only about $30 for courier delivery anywhere in Australia, so the location you buy from is not an issue.

Of course you may want to consider the advantages of buying from a local dealer if you intend to buy future coils etc with some diiscount. You could always ask for a committment to give you some good prices for future purchases or even seek a discount on an extra coil or whatever when you buy the detector.

Personally i buy from a dealer in my state and have supported "new" dealerships in the past (if the price is OK).
I believe we need a few dealers to keep up competition on prices(as long as they have some business skills). There are so many dealers that seem to struggle, change hands or disappear.

Tributer
Tributer
Tributer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1006
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Beam Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:35 am

Thanks all,

I will take the advice on board.

I bought my Xterra from Miners Den in Mitcham. They did a pretty good deal on that. Might start with them and then a ring around.

Have a good weekend

Jimbo

Jim Beam
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Nugget Meister Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:48 pm

Tributer wrote:
Remember its only about $30 for courier delivery anywhere in Australia, so the location you buy from is not an issue.

Of course you may want to consider the advantages of buying from a local dealer if you intend to buy future coils etc with some diiscount. You could always ask for a committment to give you some good prices for future purchases or even seek a discount on an extra coil or whatever when you buy the detector.

Personally i buy from a dealer in my state and have supported "new" dealerships in the past (if the price is OK).
I believe we need a few dealers to keep up competition on prices(as long as they have some business skills). There are so many dealers that seem to struggle, change hands or disappear.

Tributer

That's not right. The box weighs 6kgs and the price to Broken Hill alone from the nearest main city is triple that amount.

And what's wrong with paying RRP on a new product? The dealers struggle and change hands and disappear BECAUSE YOU KEEP DEMANDING A DISCOUNT. Discounting is what killed off three or four stores last year alone. Ask a dealer and he'll tell you how little markup is in the actual detectors.

Nugget Meister
Nugget Meister
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Beam Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:09 pm

I'm happy to pay full retail price. Just wondering about some of the included accessories. Seems some dealers throw in a few more goodies than others.

When I bought my 705, the bloke in the shop was happy to chuck in a carry bag & control box cover (both genuine Minelab) and a couple of fossicking maps.

I noticed some include headphones, or carry bags etc etc. I don't think they'd lose much on these items and it just makes for a happy customer who will give repeat business, tell his mates and in my case walk around with a control box cover and a Minelab carry bag with the Minelab logo as further product promotion.

I walked out of the shop feeling I'd got a pretty good deal, but also like to support local Aussie business where I can.

Cheers,
Jimbo

Jim Beam
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Best deal on a 5000 ? Empty Discount

Post  hotrockgarry Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:14 pm

I used the same shoe shop for 25 years (spent thousands) because he offered me a 10 to 20% discount off my shoes any time . I think those Detector/prospecting dealers that went under did so not just because of a detector discount . More likley poor economic conditions or just not enough turnover . My brothers business went under for nearly half a million , because of POOR MANAGMENT , SPENT MORE THAN HE COULD TURN OVER.
I make NO DEMANDS when asking for a discount , but enquire as to their best price for a cash sale .

hotrockgarry
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Best deal on a 5000 ? Empty LOL " Best deal on a minelab GPX5000"

Post  24kt Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:38 pm

LOL " Best deal on a minelab GPX5000" from what I have seen it is really a closed shop as far as price is concerned here in Australia.

People all over the world are getting better deals on all the minelab metal detectors as compared to what Australian prospectors have to pay for the units.

So does one call this???? good business management or a monopoly controlled price here in Australia but yet sell cheaper overseas.

Some of the reasoning the sales people blow in your ear when one asks a simple question, " why the price difference " and remember the Australian dollar is matching the US dollar as we speak. So in reality the Americans should be paying our prices now ???? LOL

I don't want to advertise for the sellers in this forum cause i'm not fully aware of the rules and regulations but just do a "YAHOO or GOOGLE " search and you will be astonished at the overseas prices on the Adelaide South Australia minelab metal detectors, nearly $1100 to $1500 discrepancy in prices and other items thrown in with the purchase from the FULLY RECOMMENDED RETAIL PRICES all these Australian shops are trying to sell them for. Even the minelab NEWLY franchises stores.

You will get the run around but there are methods of purchasing a GPX5000 from the US and reputable sellers.

Ebay has brought the luxury of shopping at your finger tips and freight is still very reasonable all the way from the USA.

JUst my specs worth

cheers
24kt
24kt
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2010-10-18

Back to top Go down

Best deal on a 5000 ? Empty Buying a Minelab

Post  hotrockgarry Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:52 pm

I here what your saying 24 kt , sounds like you,ve had some bad dealings with used a car dealer . If your facts are correct sounds like were getting the raw end of the proverbial prawn , i will email minelab and have a chat n see what there reply is in regard to price variance , may be a good idea to get some input from nero_design who has knowledge in this area .

hotrockgarry
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  24kt Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:31 pm

LOL hotrockgarry," No bad dealings with any car sales person(s) " !!!!!

Ok you want proof , I might get my ass kicked here LOL but who cares !!!!

You be the judge people and lets see if we can come up with a worthy explanation ???

US $5,595.00 - MINELAB GPX5000 METAL DETECTOR+FREE $850.00 DETECTOR
http://cgi.ebay.com/MINELAB-GPX5000-METAL-DETECTOR-FREE-850-00-DETECTOR-/250709877640?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5f792388

now a shop in the USA - http://www.kellycodetectors.com/minelab/minelab_gpx5000_buy.php

This is just two examples and there are plenty more

I think we all should be sending emails to Minelab here in Australia and demanding a full explanation on why such a huge price variations on the full range of their products ????

AND IF ANYTHING WE SHOULD BE GETTING THE MINELABS CHEAPER HERE IN AUSTRALIA !!! NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND !!!!

cheers

Last edited by 24kt on Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : TYPO CORRECTION)
24kt
24kt
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Tributer Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:46 pm

Seems a bit unfair to have such a price difference when the detectors come from (is it malaysia now).
The difference is about $700 + say $150 being the real worth of the bibs and bobs they are throwing in.

I'm guessing Minelab are trying to really break into the US market and probably are up against US machines with some reputation for a couple thousand less and the fact that there is less gold to be found there. So they have set a lower price based on their market research.

As for us in OZ, we have gold laying around everywhere and we are obsessed with getting any small edge in our detectors to find more gold...hence we pay what they think we can bear.

Remember the choice is yours, you can buy one or not buy one, its a capitalist world. And as for Minelab's corporate image you can have whatever opinion you want on them. They are into it to make as much money as possible while providing good customer service. If you write to them they should give you answers to your questions on price.

Tributer
Tributer
Tributer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1006
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:34 pm

These are just my thoughts & opinions...
I actually like the higher (than the 4500) price of the GPX-5000 because if it were to be sold at $400 you'd have every man and his dog out there digging holes to China. Is an additional $550 for an "ENHANCED" 4500 worth the difference? It is to ME! Is it a fair price? I have no idea. But with the price of gold rising, it's still worth around the same in gold equivalent as the 4500 was when it was released.

Best deal on a 5000 ? Cashrewardnolink
Smell something fishy?

Kellyco have been undercutting other US detector suppliers for years and sometimes they seem to actually sell at a loss just to get the sales. But look what else they sell: LRLs are a modern SCAM. And it seems that Kellyco not only still sell them (SEE LINK) but have been accused of making them as well... so if you enjoy putting $6.5K of your trust into someone who sells that sort of bogus junk, then good for you. But Kellyco are not permitted to ship to Australia. A few members of this board contacted them earlier in the year to test this rule and reported that they'd been turned down when Kellyco realized the shipping was destined for Down Under. Remember that their "Special Deals" are simply filled with a junk-selection of near-useless accessories like cheap pocket knives and US treasure maps etc.

But if you think you can get one cheap, AND bypass Australia's alert and clued Customs officers with their Import Duty Fees and their Taxes (you can't be exempt unless you are an importer), then go for it and try your luck. We still remember the story from the New Zealander who imported a second-hand GPX 4500 from Australia at a discounted price, only to pay MORE for his second-hand detector after Customs and Duty fees than if he had bought a new one. New Zealand Customs are known for their tough attitude. I think we all felt sorry for him. I thought it was terrible.

The 5000 release has dropped the price of all the previously released ML PI detectors down a peg or two, making a second-hand 4000 or 4500 more affordable now than ever before. With the outrageous claims made by the modders these days, perhaps you should look at getting a 4000 modded up to match the performance of a 5000. If only the mods didn't go up to $1000 recently (LOL!). Hang on, shouldn't the price of MODS be coming down too?????!!!

In the end, the Warranty applies to the country-of-purchase. So when you buy from overseas, be prepared to send it all the way back over there in the event of an issue. Something that might take you two days over here to resolve might take you months if you bought it from the US. Not worth the risk on expensive (yet possibly delicate) instruments in my opinion. But I'll do it for the little things on Ebay that I can't get locally.

As for everyone writing to the Manufacturer... You probably need to address your feedback to the company that bought them several years ago since they probably set the policies and pricing these days.
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2081
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  llanbric Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:47 pm

Good explanation Nero.

llanbric
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:08 pm

Quote Nero,
Something that might take you two days over here to resolve might take you months if you bought it from the US.

A friend of mine purchased a brand new 4500 only six monts ago from an Australian Dealer, it was sent back to Minelab because it has an issue it`s been 5 weeks now!!! Still waiting to get it back. I reckon thats shizen House.

Get your act together Minelab.

Mick,

Back to top Go down

Best deal on a 5000 ? Empty " PRICE VARIATION AND PRICE FIXING " is so evident

Post  24kt Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:11 am

NSEW wrote:Quote Nero,
Something that might take you two days over here to resolve might take you months if you bought it from the US.

A friend of mine purchased a brand new 4500 only six monts ago from an Australian Dealer, it was sent back to Minelab because it has an issue it`s been 5 weeks now!!! Still waiting to get it back. I reckon thats shizen House.

Get your act together Minelab.

Mick,

Hi nero_design, some valid points but I'm not affiliated with any of those companies here in Australia or overseas.

To say a company is loosing money cause they sell the detectors cheaper is mmmmmmm not a valid argument and my question is do you have valid documentation to make such a statement???

You nor I ( unless your a treasurer at Minelab LOL !!! ) have this evidence to substantiate the comment at what price minelab sell their detectors to overseas companies. Now remember their selling minelab detectors a lower price that what we can buy them here in Australia. Anyone out there want to straight swap my 50 bucks for a 100 dollar note?

There are many scam artists in the world definitely whether their selling metal detectors or selling bulked_up dud gold nuggets to the masses.

My point is " PRICE VARIATION AND PRICE FIXING " it is so evident ??? not every minelab GPX series detector is a clone or trojan horse waiting for a unsuspecting buyer. I'm going to have to say not all the shops overseas are scammers. Could list many more vendors out there.

"choice is yours, you can buy one or not buy one, its a capitalist world." capitalist world with a inner dictatorship business policies in Australia. We have no other alternative but to say choice is yours is not true when the price is fixed and there is no FREE Enterprise Bargaining or competition business. It is a closed shop when it comes to minelab detectors.

FREE TRADE ?????? but yet theses shops overseas specifying can not be sold to Australian clientele where the minelab was originally built LOL. Again this would indicate some sort of contract agreement( monopoly , price fixing call it what ever you want ) that oversea companies can not sell back to the Australian public. While us Australians knowingly are aware we are 'rip-off' locally.

I'm not on anyone's payroll or getting any kick_back fees or collecting any french_benefits and I'm just voicing my opinion. The evidence is there for all to see and make their own decisions.

Hi NSEW, I'm sure there are many other disgruntled Australian Minelab customer dealings that are happening in the land of plenty. So when it comes to service mmmmmmmmmmmmm ???? doesn't really matter what country you are in. This is one of the arguments the sales people here in AUstralian are using for their sales and justification why buy from here in Australia for the " GREAT SERVICE AND TECHNICAL SUPPORT " . This seems to me a invalid reason for a $1500 price difference. Once your hard earned cash is handed over that all seems to diminish when you step out of their commercial premises LOL and they yet specify if you BUY the minelab detect with cash we will do you a better price like $6500 LOL which seems to be the same price all round town. Yet the sales person can smile and lie straight to you face and you would think he is the best guy on the planet. Don't politicians do something like this !!! LOL
Cheers

PS: I would love to drive a Red Ferrari 599 GTO but I have to settle for my old beat_up white Holden HX ute !!! this is a choice I have !!! lol

Last edited by 24kt on Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : foreign policy correction made)
24kt
24kt
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  paragold Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:29 pm

A mate of mine purchased a new gpx5000 for a $1800 discount by buying from the usa. He had a friend in the usa buy for cash and the receipt was made out in the aussie guys name. The detector cost $80 us to post but also came with a free coin detector and other add ons. The warranty still stands.

paragold
New Poster
New Poster

Registration date : 2010-08-29

Back to top Go down

Best deal on a 5000 ? Empty paragold collect his reward 120%

Post  24kt Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:05 am

paragold wrote:A mate of mine purchased a new gpx5000 for a $1800 discount by buying from the usa. He had a friend in the usa buy for cash and the receipt was made out in the aussie guys name. The detector cost $80 us to post but also came with a free coin detector and other add ons. The warranty still stands.

Hi paragold, like the old saying , " there are more ways to skin a cat ! " and this is a example of purchasing a Minelab GPX5000 a largely reduced price as compared to what we have to pay here in Australia.

Now 997 people have viewed this thread, " Best deal on a 5000 ? " would indicate people are interested and very curious on the topic best deal on a 5000 ?

https://servimg.com/view/15779552/2

Now nero_design when/where can paragold collect his reward, LOL or is it in mail ? I will let you two in private sort this out !!

Has anyone else have a happy story to tell on how they purchased there " Best deal on a GPS5000" ? even disaster story they would like to share?

cheers

Last edited by 24kt on Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ing typo)
24kt
24kt
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:25 am

Paragold,

Ask your mate how he got the 5000 battery delivered from the US of A. I believe Li-ion batteries are a no-no on airlines. I also believe the US batteries are also a different voltage(???)
Also, where does he send it for any warranty work?
Just interested to know

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post  paragold Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:08 pm

Batteries just go by air, thousands of batteries fly around the World each day. Minelab have no choice but to honor the warranty as it is in the name of the owner. Warranty should not be needed on such an expensive piece of kit. US batteries different voltage? no The chargers are multi voltage, we do not live in the stone age.

paragold
New Poster
New Poster

Registration date : 2010-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:04 am

Hmmmm. I think we know who lives in the stone age.
Funny how all the "experts" on 5000's don't own one. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post  Qld Sandy Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:25 pm

paragold wrote:A mate of mine purchased a new gpx5000 for a $1800 discount by buying from the usa. He had a friend in the usa buy for cash and the receipt was made out in the aussie guys name. The detector cost $80 us to post but also came with a free coin detector and other add ons. The warranty still stands.

Do you reckon Minelab would know where the detector originally was sent to, by the serial number when the warranty card arrives at their HQ?
Qld Sandy
Qld Sandy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2008-10-18

https://www.goldcitydetecting.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:49 pm

paragold wrote:Batteries just go by air, thousands of batteries fly around the World each day. Minelab have no choice but to honor the warranty as it is in the name of the owner. Warranty should not be needed on such an expensive piece of kit. US batteries different voltage? no The chargers are multi voltage, we do not live in the stone age.

Lithium-Ion Batteries are a restricted & regulated "hazardous" item on aircraft.

Minelab will Honor the Warranty as long as the buyer sends it back to the country of Purchase.

I think the price of the GPX-5000 is way too low. If it were my company manufacturing them, $11,800 would be the mark.
Of course, I thought they were so cheap at $6,700.00 that I decided to buy two. And many couples I know are buying multiple units.

You want to hope any imported detectors weren't rebirthed from China or Sudan. Other than that, don't confuse being "frugal" with a "bargain". Use your common sense when purchasing expensive scientific equipment and be sure you have a "plan B" if something goes wrong. Like if you "forget" to list the actual RRP of the new item in Australia when you import it. The confiscation plus the fines involved will cripple you in the event of a bust. And Australian Customs are VERY much aware of the value of the Minelab machines as they have been recording their entry into Sydney and Melbourne over the last few months.

nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  goldtimer Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:01 pm

Mad Mad Mad Mad affraid affraid affraid affraid
I think the price of the GPX-5000 is way too low. If it were my company manufacturing them, $11,800 would be the mark.
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Jeepers Creepers man, your business wouldn't last long at that rate! The amount of "Weekend", part time, hobby and on/off users of ML PI. detectors would far surpass the amount of straight up pro prospectors like JP, and ML wouldn't sell many. 8-9 ounces would be too much to find for a lot of guys, to pay for the detector. Suspect

goldtimer
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2010-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Nugget Meister Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:25 pm

I think they should be $2500 at most. But didn't people try to sell their homes and cars just to get their hands on the SD2000 when it first came out? I guess they found a lot of gold back then in the early days. Wish I had started then.
Nugget Meister
Nugget Meister
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:42 pm

goldtimer wrote:
The amount of "Weekend", part time, hobby and on/off users of ML PI. detectors would far surpass the amount of straight up pro prospectors like JP, and ML wouldn't sell many.

I'm not sure but weren't the early custom-built High End detectors back in the 70s (Australia) selling for $25K? (Pre-Groundhog days). I seem to remember an associate telling me this and how excited he was to get his hands on one as a teenager.

I absolutely agree with you that a lower price (even Nugget Meister's suggested $2500 would sell a LOT more). The average price of a GPX-4500 around this time last year in the Sudan was an amazing $20,000 each - with some topping $45K apiece and one that I personally know of that sold for $65,000. But there was plenty of BIG gold there to be found of course. You are certainly right to say that it would knock off all the hobby detectorists and weekenders here if the price was higher than it is... but there's already dozens and dozens of alternatives out there for the weekender to choose from. I'm not going to complain about current prices though I am seeing a LOT of people with the new machine right now. There's literally dozens of them in each of the major gold towns nearby. And they tell me they bump into others using the same detector everywhere so there's a few that shelled out easily for the GPX-5000 in the last few weeks. Even one of the properties I frequent near Sally's Flat has had the owner buy his own GPX-5000 last week so I may not bother going back there to his land this year.

But with limited quantities of gold out there and hundreds of people using the best machines on the market (regardless of where they bought them or for how much), hopefully there will still be gold to be found by future generations. I think we've done a good job in the last decade cleaning all the good stuff off the easy-to-dig ranges. There's plenty more deeper down if you can get to it with future technology.

The problem with really cool toys like the iPhone is that everyone now has one (except me... but I'm actually holding out for something they're launching later this year). Which makes them kind of common. But there's always need for cutting edge technology on phones and communication. There's certainly a limit to gold and accessible areas to detect though. So dropping prices is not in the benefit of those wanting to find gold themselves as it put more detectors into the hands of everyone willing to part with the price offered. I still think Aston Martin would sell more of their Vanquish cars if they dropped the price to that of a Holden. Of course, then it wouldn't be the same in the eyes of car aficionados.
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Best deal on a 5000 ? Empty PMSFL, " should be $12K".............................

Post  24kt Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:44 am

PMSFL, " should be $12K"............................." I thought they were so cheap at $6,700.00 that I decided to buy two. ".... obviously the film industry is thriving with CASH

BRB......I'M Exporting 100 GPX5000s to Sudan for $85K each ......................... EUREKA !!!!! why bother flogging hours upon hours in the stinking heat/cold and dust/wet scanning for gold?.... now I'm a Detector Dealer ................. are there any Federal laws I'm breaking? LOL..............cause some place is producing gold lets stitch them up with the latest technology detector. Am I too late? or Minelab has already found this "exclusive marketplace", LOL, good business practise LOL, lets not miss out on their findings LOL Brilliant idea LOL !!!!!

PMSFL , didn't know gold detecting was a " Exclusive Club " again justification why detectors should be expensive in one place not another LOL.
Why would I want the 2010 Red Ferrari 599 GTO except me... but I'm actually holding out for something Ferrari launching the 2011

Cheers

PS : Now i can see the light out the end of the tunnel , grasping at the opportunity to buy a Red Ferrari 599 GTO

nero_design wrote:The average price of a GPX-4500 around this time last year in the Sudan was an amazing $20,000 each - with some topping $45K apiece and one that I personally know of that sold for $65,000. But there was plenty of BIG gold there to be found of course.

Last edited by 24kt on Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:58 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : PMSFL .......... typo)
24kt
24kt
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:40 pm

Geez. There's a coupla types here that would be well received on the "alphabet" forum. If they aren't already inmates there. Shocked Shocked Shocked

More power to the 5000 owners Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post  24kt Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:52 am

Goldnomad wrote:Geez. There's a coupla types here that would be well received on the "alphabet" forum. If they aren't already inmates there. Shocked Shocked Shocked

More power to the 5000 owners Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Robert

Hi Goldnomad care to elaborate, I seem to have missing the punch line !!!!!!

Are you a member of the "alphabet" forum ??? What is the "alphabet" forum ???

cheers

Last edited by 24kt on Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:04 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : asking a question ????? dammm typos ;):P Mondayits LOL)
24kt
24kt
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:52 am

With the Aussie dollar just about equal to the US dollar its not just Minelab detectors its just about everything in Australia is still way dearer that in the US.

You read about all the Aussie retailers winging about people buying online from overseas, well when the item that they are buying is exactly the same as here and for half the price can you blame them.

Just looking at the Garrett Pro Pinpointer in the US its $127.45 + $15.95 international postage, here in Aussie its $235 Seems like that its not working both ways. That should come out at about $145 here so why are we being charged $235 ?

Back to top Go down

Post  24kt Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:45 pm

davsgold wrote:With the Aussie dollar just about equal to the US dollar its not just Minelab detectors its just about everything in Australia is still way dearer that in the US.

You read about all the Aussie retailers winging about people buying online from overseas, well when the item that they are buying is exactly the same as here and for half the price can you blame them.

Just looking at the Garrett Pro Pinpointer in the US its $127.45 + $15.95 international postage, here in Aussie its $235 Seems like that its not working both ways. That should come out at about $145 here so why are we being charged $235 ?

Great example davsgold where no monopoly " PRICE FIXING " can exist here in Australia cause one has access to the internet shops at their finger tips. Too the unfortunately few that do not have the privilege of the internet they will pay the overinflated price for the Garrett Pro Pinpointer $235 here in Australia !!!

Do a ring around here in Australia with all the shops selling Minelab metal detectors and try and buy a GPX5000, everyone is the same price " FULL RECOMMENDED RETAIL PRICE " I call this " PRICE FIXING " ??? or a form of collusion with in the Minelab detector industry.

Can anyone with 100 % certainty confirm where the GPX5000 Minelab metal detector is made in South Australia with 100% Australian labour ???? even in the component form ?? or is this all out source from foreign countries for cheaper labour ????

cheers

PS : POWER TO THE PEOPLE AND THE WWW forums

Adds " Garrett Pro Pinpointer " on the list to export to Sudan for $2981-32c each LOL !!!!
24kt
24kt
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next