Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sucker pumps

4 posters

Go down

sucker pumps  Empty sucker pumps

Post  skysite Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:47 am

hey guys
can anyone help me out on where to find a good pump?
ive herd there not hard to make but time is a problem for me and would be willing to pay for one.
also can i get one that sucks straight into my sluice?
skysite
skysite
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-01-04

Back to top Go down

sucker pumps  Empty Re: sucker pumps

Post  Guest Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:07 am

Sure,they are called a dredge. Very Happy
Seriously tho, there are plenty on Ebay, the yanks make them by the truck load and it's just a matter of figuring out which is the best one for your needs or you can make one out of a yabbie or bait pump.

Back to top Go down

Post  skysite Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:13 am

I have seen them on ebay from the usa but hoping i can get one made here.....
skysite
skysite
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Fly_Dirt Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:42 am

Hi Skysite,

Dredging is illegal in NSW. If caught you can expect a big fine and confiscation of your equipment.

See this thread: https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t511-gold-sucker-pump

Cheers

Fly_Dirt
Fly_Dirt
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:32 pm

Dredging is illegal in NSW. If caught you can expect a big fine and confiscation of your equipment.

See this thread: https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t511-gold-sucker-pump

Cheers
Very true Fly_ Dirt but i think its one of those funny rules/law its only illegal to use such equipment not to make or sell those items! correct me if im wrong please Very Happy cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Fly_Dirt Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:45 pm

Hi Marachu,

You are 100% correct. Dredges are a bit like Bodhrans. They are legal to sell, but no-one can play them. lol!

Cheers
Mrs Fly

Fly_Dirt
Fly_Dirt
Contributor
Contributor

Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:06 pm

Ha !ha! fly_dirt very true in my case but i do know some real good Bodhran players ! I hope it rubs off Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 02, 2011 7:00 pm

I want to bump this post to the top again !! I have had a few Private Messages asking about the legality of using a sucker in Vic. As I said it is up to the ranger on the day BUT the interpretation of the law is usually that"if you raise water in a pump ,whether a hand pump or a motorised pump, if there is sand and or gravel in that water it is deemed illegal" --- so beware and being a newbie dosent cut mustard with many rangers!! There are moves afoot to get these simple HAND tools exempted from the terminology of dredging but it would help if there was no use of these things till a new determination has been made.I have seen on another site a newcomer admits to using one of these suckers in a public post -- I will give him/her the benefit of the doubt that because he/she is a newbie they didnt know about the law but ignorance of the law is no excuse Very Happy

Back to top Go down

sucker pumps  Empty thxs guys

Post  wahoo Thu May 05, 2011 8:26 pm

hi guys I was thinking of building/ getting me one of those sucker pumps ...im glad i have read this..
will have to wait on the outcome ....could be years or never Very Happy

thanks
Wahoo

wahoo
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post  wahoo Thu May 05, 2011 9:13 pm

Hi guys would this be illegal
i found it on another site Very Happy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt4_tpONrcY&feature=email

catch ya
wahoo

wahoo
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 05, 2011 10:21 pm

yep i reckon that would be illegal....it would not be classed as hand operated..could even be classed as a small dredge even though your tailings are not
going back in the water.

although (in my opinion) i don't think it should be as your not doing any harm

i have had a ranger at dunnolly (vic) try and stop me using a high banker and pump, but i showed him that i was collecting the dirt with hand tools and
he let me continue, but since that pump is collecting the dirt it's a differant story.

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 06, 2011 2:20 pm

yes this guy has posted the utube vid on another site but he did get a smack on the wrist for it --although im sure that putting up a post that involves your self or others engaging in Illegal activities will be instant membership cancellation!

Do people really think that DPI employees don't visit these gold prospecting sites? well I for one don't live in La la land -- and I will NICELY explain to people who post such things that it only gives the Green groups more ammunition to fire at us when they want to close down our activities.
I spent 5 years on the ECC box Ironbark Commission and saw how these Dark Green groups twist and turn the most innocent of things to their advantage and ultimately to the detriment of our great pastime I will not sit idle when I see these things happening and I make no apology about that. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:06 am

{Do people really think that DPI employees don't visit these gold prospecting sites? }

Man how true is that statement they do, not only that they are now using cameras. cheers

Back to top Go down

sucker pumps  Empty hi

Post  jarrahrules Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:18 pm

well if we dont do the wrong thing there is nothing to worry about.
Jamie

jarrahrules
Contributor
Contributor

Registration date : 2011-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:10 am

jarrahrules wrote:well if we dont do the wrong thing there is nothing to worry about.
Jamie

How true that is. cheers
cheers

Back to top Go down