Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

small - large pumps

Go down

small - large pumps Empty small - large pumps

Post  Guest Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:08 pm

Hi all , has anyone any ideas on why the smaller 1' -1.5' pumps always seem to be dearer than the larger ones? I mean you can get a 2'-3' for about $150 sometimes free post, yet most smaller ones are around $220 +. I realise these are the cheaper brands but still. less demand? thoughts anyone?
cheers ,nipper

Back to top Go down

small - large pumps Empty Re: small - large pumps

Post  Guest Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:44 pm

because they are more popular??

Back to top Go down

Post  Chimpy Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:48 pm

G'day Nipper
I agree with Muracu. People like us have no real use for bigger pumps due to the usual size of our equipment. The bigger you go with pumps the bigger the associated cost with hose size and fittings. 100mt of 1.5 inch hose is pricey enough, I wouldn't want to pay for 3 inch hose and the fuel the pump needs, let alone hump it into a spot.

Cheers

Chimpy

Chimpy
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2011-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:03 pm

No matter what pump you end up with, just make sure you don't ass about fittings? Bigger suction pipe smaller outlet pipe, which puts pressure on the pump "That's a good thing"
Do it the other way around "That's a bad thing".

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:29 am

someday wrote:No matter what pump you end up with, just make sure you don't ass about fittings? Bigger suction pipe smaller outlet pipe, which puts pressure on the pump "That's a good thing" Do it the other way around "That's a bad thing".

SPOT ON THE MONEY THERE cheers cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:32 am

nipper wrote: Hi all , has anyone any ideas on why the smaller 1' -1.5' pumps always seem to be dearer than the larger ones? I mean you can get a 2'-3' for about $150 sometimes free post, yet most smaller ones are around $220 +. I realise these are the cheaper brands but still. less demand? thoughts anyone?
cheers ,nipper

Been so popular yep that would be about right. cheers

Back to top Go down