Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water Pumps can anyone recommend a half decent one ?

3 posters

Go down

Water Pumps can anyone recommend a half decent one ?  Empty Water Pumps can anyone recommend a half decent one ?

Post  Goldeneye Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:23 pm

I'm Currently in the middle of building a High banker and its time to look for a "Half Decent"water pump that won't cost a mint but last longer than 2 trips. I know the whole cheap Chinese ebay style pumps are a bit taboo but surely people on this forum do use them with some success ?

Can anyone recommend a pump setup for around $200 or less ?

the High-banker i'm running is 300mm wide and 1050mm long

Pictures and links would be a great help Very Happy

Goldeneye
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2013-02-01

Back to top Go down

Water Pumps can anyone recommend a half decent one ?  Empty Re: Water Pumps can anyone recommend a half decent one ?

Post  Guest Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:18 pm

I bought a Chinese 11/2 inch 4 stroke a few yrs ago and apart from me ripping the starter cord to hard nothing else had gon wrong with it ! $ 140 delivered to the door ! But you will pay $ 250 these days ! I refer to it as a Chonda ! Yep most Honda parts fit !!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Water Pumps can anyone recommend a half decent one ?  Empty Re: Water Pumps can anyone recommend a half decent one ?

Post  Goldeneye Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:46 am

Thanks Ark, I will end up going for something like this one i reckon (link below)

can I ask what size piping you have on your hopper spray bar ? I ended up going for 32mm diameter pipe

Also what size holes have you drilled ?

Pump

Last edited by Goldeneye on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Goldeneye
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Goldeneye Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:59 am

the Hopper isn't finished yet it still has to be drilled and secured but this gives you an idea of the size
Water Pumps can anyone recommend a half decent one ?  Hopper11
Water Pumps can anyone recommend a half decent one ?  Hopper12

Goldeneye
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  snowygold Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:31 pm

Goldeneye, if you are looking at an 1 1/2" pump, the Chinese ones are fine. Just change the spark plug to a name brand one as soon as you buy it.
With a 1 1/2" pump and hose you would get away with 2 rows of 2mm holes spaced 25mm apart with a 8 gap between the rows.

snowygold
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2013-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  snowygold Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:35 pm

These are not a bad pump, a bit heavy though.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Petrol-Water-Fire-Pump-2-3-hp-4-Stroke-1-1-2-40MM-16-000-LPH-NEW-/110749314683?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item19c92c6e7b

The Genquip 1 1/2" pumps for $299 are a good option too.

snowygold
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2013-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Goldeneye Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:45 pm

Thanks Snowy cheers for the info I need all the tips and hints as this will be my first build

Goldeneye
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Water Pumps can anyone recommend a half decent one ?  Empty pump

Post  Old Hand Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:39 am

hi goldeneye
i have just purchased a 1 1/2 inch 4 stroke for $199 + $28 del aChinesee one it looks good if you look after them i think they will last john
Old Hand
Old Hand
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2012-03-31

https://servimg.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Hand Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:51 am

hi the pump was on ebay item 230933055578
the best deal on hose was house warehouse on ebay the pick up hose with fittings was $53 del for 4 mtrs
he also has 1 1/2 lay flat at $44 plus del for 25mtrs mine was $18 del to centraVicic
hope this is some help john
Old Hand
Old Hand
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2012-03-31

https://servimg.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:55 am

I use 20 mm for the spray bars , the top row are 2 mm holes and the bottom is 1.5 mm ,also I take the hose to the side of the top hopper as the hose in the middle of the sluice can be a bit of a pain ! You will also need to have stiffening struts in that top piece where you have drilled the holes ! Did you see the sticky above your post?

Maybe not as you have deviated somewhat from the great information supplied but I will link you to it ! All the info that's needed is there but as always if in doubt ask ! Very Happy before you proceed cheers

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t3854-updated-banjo-highbanker-plans

Also if you can afford it ,get your self the blue lay flat hose and use the polly camloc fittings ! Only buy top class suction hose as this is where a lot of people have problems ! It is not cheep !!!!!! I use a length of 2 meters .the lay flat I have in various lengths ie - 3 m ,5 m ,10 m ,25 m . Sure it can be a bit expensive to set this all at once but you can do it in steps.
Just noticed that you don't have a bash plate at the top of the hopper ? You will find that the shovel will give this a bit of a belting !
Use the search facility in this site to find ,what is arguably ,the best repository of knowalage on so many things connected with this great hobby of ours! If you can't get an answer to your question then ask away !!! As I always say " the only silly question is the one not asked"

Back to top Go down