Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Eureka Flag

+3
moredeep
Reg Wilson
granite2
7 posters

Go down

The Eureka Flag Empty The Eureka Flag

Post  adrian ss Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:25 am

Just as the word Gay has come from meaning happy and joyful to representing a deviate sexual group; so has the Eureka Flag been stolen by dead head radical groups  to meaning this:

A request to fly the Eureka flag has been rejected by a South Australian council amid concerns it has come to represent “white supremacy”. ... Councillor Jane Russo said the flag, which features an image of the Southern Cross constellation, had come to represent “white supremacy”.28 Oct 2020

This:
The Eureka Flag is commonly used as a symbol of nationality, and radicalism. It is used by political groups and radicals as all round symbol of protest. The flag has been used as a symbol of left and right groups ranging from trades unions, nationalists, anti taxation lobbies, communists and neo-Nazis.

Instead of:
Representing "the birthplace of the Australian spirit of mateship ... a victory of self-reliant individuals over big government ... and excessive taxation."

The rebellion at the Eureka Stockade took terrible casualties, but although the miners were defeated on the day, they were successful in bringing about the changes they sought. Within months all the miners held for trial were acquitted, except one.

In this age We are witnessing the end/extermination of the Real Aussie.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4365
Registration date : 2015-07-03

geof_junk, hoolahoopa, granite2, charliec and pablop like this post

Back to top Go down

The Eureka Flag Empty Re: The Eureka Flag

Post  granite2 Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:26 am

I too have been dismayed many times to see some of the groups who have used our Eureka flag to represent radicals whose agenda is the complete opposite of what the flag actually stands for.
If any group should ' own' the flag it should be the PMVA and it's members.
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1842
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:52 pm

"Deviate sexual group". Another hand grenade Adrian? I guess we can include homophobe to your many attributes. Anyone else you would care to insult?
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 624
Registration date : 2012-05-14

AnnieL and hiluxer like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:42 pm

'Deviate'. To be different from mainstream. Nothing wrong with that as it is an accurate description.🙄😄
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

geof_junk and bicter like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:14 pm

In that case Jim you won't mind being classed as a deviate yourself.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

geof_junk and AnnieL like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:46 pm

No problem Reg. I like to think I am a bit different 😄😁
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

geof_junk likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:00 pm

Getting back to the use of the Eureka flag by a diverse assortment of groups and organisations; I always thought that the CMFEU had a gall to appropriate that banner when it was after all a symbol of the miners struggle. It seems now all sorts of diverse theologies have taken the Southern Cross to represent their cause, be it right or left wing, although the most repugnant racist and fascist ultra right thugs prefer to wrap themselves in the established Australian flag while chanting their vile racist white supremacist rhetoric.
This is all done in the name of patriotism and nationalism. A sickening example of what is perpetuated by our political masters to divide and conquer.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:01 pm

Lets keep things civil & in perspective here gents.

Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4514
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Rockwall likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:24 pm

Reg Wilson wrote:"Deviate sexual group". Another hand grenade Adrian? I guess we can include homophobe to your many attributes. Anyone else you would care to insult?

For crying out loud Reg! The word deviate is not an insult.......

I am not a Homophobe, never have been and never will be...For reasons that neither you nor anybody else has a need to know.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/deviate

Last edited by adrian ss on Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

granite2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:09 am

Quote; "In this age we are witnessing the end/extermination of the Real Aussie"
The more emphasis man places on self interest through greed, is what brings about the end/extermination (as you put it) of a people/nation Adrian & the more a person turning to such, the faster our end/extermination will be & I agree with both Jim & Reg on this one. If anyone has the right to represent/fly the Eureka Flag, it would have to be the PMAV.
Now could we please stick to what the Eureka Flag actually stands/stood for & place little emphasis on individual bodies/associations, that tend to misrepresent the Eureka Flag for something other than it is meant to represent.

Kon  T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

granite2 and adrian ss like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:15 am

Exactly
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:22 am

The point of Adrian's post is that the Eureka Flag does not represent white supremisy and should never be considered as such. To have it banned as such is an act of ignorance displayed by a petty beaurocrat who should know better.
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:42 am

Thanks mate. Am happy that somebody got the gist of what I was saying.
Cheers, Q11
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

granite2 and pablop like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:51 am

I do not believe that an organization such as the PMAV should have exclusive rights to fly the Eureka flag as they recently made the mistake of becoming politically aligned with no consideration of the wide diversity of membership.
No organisation with political allegiance should have such control, nor should it be sullied by radical groups.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:15 am

So Reg, who do you think should have exclusive rights? Every organisation leans toward the political group who can help them the most. And a diverse membership is quite normal.
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:53 am

I don't believe any group should have exclusive rights to the Eureka flag, and as far as having political leanings it is pretty dumb to back a loser and then have to go 'cap in hand' to the winner and think your wishes will be granted. That is why the PMAV and other prospecting groups should have no political allegiance. It is not in their constitution to be politically aligned, and when leadership drags a group in the direction of their own political persuasion it is not only dumb but against the ideals of that organization.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:36 pm

Lets keep politics to a minimum here fellas & get back to what the Eureka Flag truly stands for.

Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Reg Wilson and adrian ss like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:19 pm

For those who are not sure of what the Eureka Flag represents.

https://www.migrationheritage.nsw.gov.au/exhibition/objectsthroughtime/1854-the-eureka-flag/index.html

It is a shame that the flag is also used as a nationalist symbol with often racist overtones representing a pro Anglo theme.
To the best of my limited knowledge the Eureka Flag was never connected to racist groups when flown at the Eureka stockade Rebellion in Australia until recent times.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:27 pm

The Eureka rebellion was made up of people from almost every country with maybe the exception of the Chinese. No racism there.
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

adrian ss likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:32 pm

You are right Jim in that it represented diggers of all nations. A shame that now some with an axe to grind have taken it upon themselves to attempt to align themselves with a flag that has nothing to do with the cause that they pursue.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

geof_junk, granite2 and adrian ss like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Thunda Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:35 pm

The Eureka flag has been tattooed on my chest for 55 years.
Because l believe in what it stood for and to respect those that died in trying to stand up to the filthy British authorities.
I am a proud descendent of the Nuenonne people of Lunawanna Allonha, a small island south of Lutruwita.
I am also a proud Australin an an ex soldier 67 -70.
SOON WE BE INVADED BY CHINA.

Thunda
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2021-02-13

adrian ss likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:54 pm

Relax thunda, china has quite a few resources of their own and besides they can afford to buy any amount of iron ore
from other countries as well. There's a lot of huff and puff going on pre the election.
China produced 370 tonnes of gold in 2021 Australia 330. Russia 300 and the USA 180 tonnes

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2018-05-23

bushbasher90 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:25 am

China could not not even open the 22  Winter Olympics without a military display......The one thing that has no place in any Olympic games Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Thunda likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Thunda Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:58 am

moredeep wrote:Relax thunda, china has quite a few resources of their own and besides they can afford to buy any amount of iron ore
from other countries as well. There's a lot of huff and puff going on pre the election.
China produced 370 tonnes of gold in 2021 Australia 330. Russia 300 and the USA 180 tonnes

cheers   7moredeep
Gold in the hand doesn't count for much when your enemy has the gold mine.
Gold buys iron iron builds weapons.
Pig iron Bob sold our scrap iron to the Japanese to send back as bombs.

Thunda
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:40 am

G'day Thunda

So what exactly do you think has changed today in way of overseas trade between nations? Regardless of the events that are taking place around the world today, does not stop nations trading goods/services with one another, for business is business no?
Many a nation today including Australia, continues trade with China, Russia, Japan & a whole lot more other countries & rightly so, for it is in each others interest in doing so.
Guns & bombs by themselves don't kill people Thunda, people using them for all the wrong reasons do, but shame as well as sad, that some political leaders around the world, place self interest, before their nations/peoples needs.
As for politicians, I'd leave them out all together, for their way of existence has neither a beginning nor end. They're better at spinning yarn, than any spiders web I've ever encountered out bush.  Shocked Laughing
Need I remind people on here that this thread is not about the doings of past or present politicians & or their politics, but on the Eureka Flag & what it stands for. So could we please stick to the main topic & not continue to stray off course.

Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:55 am

Kon61gold wrote:
Need I remind people on here that this thread is not about the doings of past or present politicians & or their politics, but on the Eureka Flag & what it stands for. So could we please stick to the main topic & not continue to stray off course.

Kon T25

So what does the "Eureka Flag" stand for??? so to me it stands for a rebellion against oppression by the then Government, which makes it difficult to have a non-political discussion really.

The Eureka Flag Eureka10
davsgold
davsgold
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2022-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:43 pm

Oppression comes in many a different form nofakenews. The oppression that one speaks of here regarding the birth of the Eureka Flag, were about & against the exorbitant cost of miners rights fees, of which the government of the time had introduced on anyone that wanted to peg a claim & or dig for gold. It were those high miners fees, that miners decided to rebel against paying such fees to the government.
No man, woman or child were flogged to death or put in jail by the authorities of that time, the moment they were seen passing through, or even that of living/camping on a goldfield, less they were already wanted for mischief or caught digging for gold without a permit, for if that were the case, there'd be more than an uprising to miners fees happening & history would not read as it reads today.
It were not an overall oppression by the government on all things, just an oppression by the government to the very high price asked for a miners right at that time, yet many a miner (content or not with such fees) stayed on the gold fields paying such fees, even before the thought of any rebellion taking place, believing it were worth doing so, or they would or should have packed up & left the moment they had arrived on the goldfields.
Were not just as oppressing, all other exorbitant fees associated with the removal/processing of gold found on the goldfields at the time, as well as the cost of daily living expenses, but did anyone get together & rebel or go against the merchants of such?  Certainly not, for the ones that came to dig for gold, stayed on at all costs, believing that they would become rich some day, only to find out in dismay, that not all seemed what they had heard it to be.  Shocked  No doubt many a miner & their families, left the goldfields a lot poorer & bankrupt than they first had arrived, with some not making it out of the goldfields at all.
So what does the Eureka Stockade flag represent or stand for? It represents an allegiance of miners back in the 1850s, taking an oath of loyalty to the Eureka flag (a symbol of defiance) in protest against the exorbitant cost of mining permits & in the manner the colonial authorities of the time, went about enforcing the law towards making sure people paid & had those permits before commencing to dig. This in turn Initiated the occurrence/miners rebellion "Eureka Stockade" that took place between gold miners & the government.
Shame that the Eureka Flag, is now used by some corporations/companies or individual bodies, for everything other than what it actually stood or stands for.
What further political discussion is needed in order to understand what I have stated above, for whenever it comes to politics, each one believes in what ever they wish to believe in. Hence politics like religion, has neither a beginning nor end.

Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Thunda Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:58 pm

What you have said is mostly true Kon.
At the time this was all happening this country was firmly in the hands of an oppressive British government, and only 18 years after the
"Black War".
You sound like a well researched bloke if you investigate the history of "The Black War" you will find some facts about my peoples history.
Everywhere the British went they stole, murdered, raped and burnt through greed , they exercised that same greed on the Goldfields.
As did the Chinese shipping back massive amounts of gold to the emperor of China in clay pots picked up from the coast by waiting junks.
Another reason l have the Eureka flag tattooed across my chest is because l am opposed to all oppression, and governments that support monarchy's and especially userper monarchy's and I'll add dictatorships to that too.
I resent all those that have hijacked the Eureka flag, especially the CFMEU, l believe the unions and successive governments done more harm to this country by allowing foreign companies to take over our resorses and by exporting (almost for nothing) the raw materials when they should have been value added here.
I wait and hope for a new flag before l die, it will have the Eureka flag AND the Aboriginal Flag that is divided horizontally into equal halves of black (top) and red (bottom), with a yellow circle in the centre. The black symbolises Aboriginal people. The yellow represents the sun, the constant re-newer of life. Red depicts the earth and peoples' relationship to the land.
This is my hope, it represents all true Australians in our fight against terrorism and oppression.

Thunda
New Poster
New Poster

Reg Wilson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Thunda Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:53 pm

I tried to send two photos, one of the original Eureka flag that hangs in the Ballarat art gallery, failed.
I have written many published articles on the Eureka Stockade and the flag, it is very dear to my heart, it was also flown (and still is) at many bike clubs representing their commitment it the fight against repression.

Thunda
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:10 pm

Thunder, I doubt not of your loyalty to what the Eureka Flag stands for, nor what draconian tactics the British government might have had or imposed on many a different race of people during the times of colonisation, or through the days of gold rush, but would like to think & believe that times have changed for the better & that many have learnt from their past mistakes.
Unfortunately, I know not of any nation/peoples throughout history, that haven't had or shown their darker side to life through some stage in time or another, but for the sake of peace on this forum, is why I wish not to bring up past or present forms of politics run by governments, kings or queens, for like life itself, power/authority comes & goes, but the memory of what we leave behind in way of deed, is what's remembered.
It matters not who you are in way of race, colour or creed, what matters is what one does for or to another that determines the good from bad, right from wrong, for we are all judged by deed & not by word alone.
What a world it would be if only we could eliminate self interest & injustice from mankind cheers Unfortunately we cannot, for both are imbedded deep in the hearts of man.
One thing I do know & can be sure of in the not so distant future, if man don't change their ways for the better of all things living, the earth as we know it today, will no longer be our friend, but our enemy.  
Nations Flags & what they represent can only have meaning when people free themselves of self interest & injustice & do what is right by one another.

Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

bicter and pablop like this post

Back to top Go down