Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

minelab eureka gold

3 posters

Go down

minelab eureka gold Empty minelab eureka gold

Post  marco Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:53 pm

ive only one question about the eureaka gold?
how would this machine work on a beach?
you see i want to eventually prospect for nuggets, but i will need practice and the gold fields
are pretty far from where i live, but one of sydneys most popular beaches is just across the road!
so am i wasting my time using the eureaka gold at the beach or not?

thanks ..... marco

marco
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-11-02

Back to top Go down

minelab eureka gold Empty Re: minelab eureka gold

Post  Guest Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:16 pm

Gday Marco,
a mate of mine was using the Eureka gold around the Sofala district a few years back. He found some gold with it including a beautiful 8grm ironstone/rose quartz specie with it.
I cant see why it wouldnt work on the beaches as it should be able to handle the salty sand as well as it does with goldfield mineralisation.
But if you are going to be serious about your gold detecting,I would be looking at a GP Extreme or better.

Back to top Go down

minelab eureka gold Empty eureka

Post  glenn1979 Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:50 pm

hi marco, i used mine on the beaches near bundaberg mate an it works well until u get to wet sand but in the dry it will find everything coins, rings but watch out for the needles, i just pinched me mother inlaws strainer to do the digging

glenn1979
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2012-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:03 pm

Gday Marko , have used GPX 4000, Gp extreme and eureka gold have no problems with the eureka gold I think they are a top machine, but it is up to the operator you must learn how to operate it properly & you have to listen to what the detector is saying to you, as with any detector.
9ct jocolor

Back to top Go down

Post  HappyProspector2013 Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:42 pm

9CT wrote:Gday Marko , have used GPX 4000, Gp extreme and eureka gold have no problems with the eureka gold I think they are a top machine, but it is up to the operator you must learn how to operate it properly & you have to listen to what the detector is saying to you, as with any detector.
9ct jocolor 

This post makes good sense and it gives newbies like me hope. I just purchased an X-Terra 705 and a Eureka for me and the wife, as this is what the budget would allow. So far most of what I'm reading advocates buying a GPX 3000 - 5000, which is out of my price range. The way I figure it is that the GPX series hasn't been around that long and I'm sure people were finding gold with minelab detectors before that series came out? Learning how to operate and listening to the detector sounds like good advice and I for one will heed that advice.
HappyProspector2013
HappyProspector2013
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2013-04-22

Back to top Go down