Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flashy new coils

+9
Travelergold
tony p
adrian ss
koeh
nero_design
GemQ
joe82
PeterInSa
Sharkbait
13 posters

Go down

Flashy new coils Empty Flashy new coils

Post  Sharkbait Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:10 pm

G'day all,
Did anyone else get an email from Coiltek showing off some flashy new coil designs for Christmas? T08
Don't need another coil,so I won't be a customer,but they are a bit stylish Very Happy

Flashy new coils Coilte11
Sharkbait
Sharkbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2013-03-07

Back to top Go down

Flashy new coils Empty Re: Flashy new coils

Post  PeterInSa Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:25 pm

Nope, but an offer from NuggetFinder Christmas Special, but don't know if its only available to customers who have purchased a Coil off them/dealer in the last 12 months. Came with the details of their Big new 25" coil. Of course you can only ask......

Re "BUY ANY NEW EVOLUTION COIL IN DECEMBER AND RECEIVE AN ADVANTAGE 8”X6” VALUED AT $295.00 – FREE"

PeterInSa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2018-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:32 am

they look sexy but do they preform scratch any better V36 me personally am a NF man and I to don't need any more coils but the new 25' is tempting

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  GemQ Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:11 pm

They look really good, don't think it will be too long that personalised coils are fairly common. Interesting what the members would have on their own coil???

Coiltek are great performing coils.
GemQ
GemQ
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2012-12-24

https://www.youtube.com/user/GemQ1?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:25 am

I guess I should shoulder the blame for this.  Circa September 2011.

Flashy new coils Gpx_co10

Flashy new coils Gpx_co11
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  koeh Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:33 pm

Never seen a control box with any design on it, I guess it never took off
koeh
koeh
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2011-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:52 am

look cool mate Cool

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:43 am

So long as it does not add to the price of the coil...I mean it won't work any better aye?
Would make it easier to ID if it got pinched.
Then again if I wanted to make a coil or detector look pretty I would have done it myself by now.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4351
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  tony p Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:57 am

It's only an opinion....but if the focus is put on marketing instead of product development then it's a slippery slope. Please note I said "if".

tony p
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2018-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Travelergold Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:06 am

Really, what next. Agree with tony p, develop better coils, not pretty gay ones. I can see the wannabees thinking the colours will make them find gold faster and deeper. Not.

Travelergold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2017-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowmellow Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:30 pm

all for show performance is the key
yellowmellow
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:34 pm

Travelergold wrote:Really, what next.  Agree with tony p,  develop better coils, not pretty gay ones. I can see the wannabees thinking the colours will make them find gold faster and deeper. Not.

I've used Commander coils Coiltek coils Nugget Finder coils and the only difference i've found is the weight, that's why i use a much lighter spoked Nugget Finder.

It doesn't matter what brand you use.  A pro detector operator once said to me... You're only going to hear what your detector is putting out.

WISE WORDS.

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:01 am

Always keep an open mind as past experience is not an indicator of new design.I'm currently testing a Detech coil.Even though my 14" Elite has been glued to the shaft for the last 3 years and served me well my main coils are nugget finder.
Each coil has its purpose depending on the ground type and area and no one coil gets it all.
Today we are back to an 8"mono commander for a particular job.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharkbait Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:39 pm

deutran wrote:Always keep an open mind as past experience is not an indicator of new design.I'm currently testing a Detech coil.Even though my 14" Elite has been glued to the shaft for the last 3 years and served me well my main coils are nugget finder.
Each coil has its purpose depending on the ground type and area and no one coil gets it all.
Today we are back to an 8"mono commander for a particular job.

G'day Deutran,
Just wondering if you've had any experience with the Detech 8" Mono? If so how would you compare it to the Minelab 8" Commander?

I do like that the Detech has a strong looking shaft mount compared to the Commander coil,but performance wise,what do you think?

Cheers...Dave
Sharkbait
Sharkbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:14 pm

Very good little 8 inch mono coil sharkbait, especially for chasing the gram/sub gram gold.  Have a look through coil section & see the write up on the 8 inch Detech mono coil, under the Detech coils thread.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharkbait Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:53 pm

Kon61gold wrote:Very good little 8 inch mono coil sharkbait, especially for chasing the gram/sub gram gold.  Have a look through coil section & see the write up on the 8 inch Detech mono coil, under the Detech coils thread.

Cheers Kon. T25

Hey Kon,that is a great write up,just what I was after T25

Could be a Detech 8" mono heading my way,methinks T06  Q32

Cheers....Dave
Sharkbait
Sharkbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  hugh62 Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:31 pm

Sharkbait wrote:
Kon61gold wrote:Very good little 8 inch mono coil sharkbait, especially for chasing the gram/sub gram gold.  Have a look through coil section & see the write up on the 8 inch Detech mono coil, under the Detech coils thread.

Cheers Kon. T25

Hey Kon,that is a great write up,just what I was after T25

Could be a Detech 8" mono heading my way,methinks T06  Q32

Cheers....Dave

G'day Sharkbait  ,M8 I've no doubt the 8'' mono would be a great coil , but so is the 8'' DD Detech coil , I swear by it .Mainly for its accuracy in iron reject and for its depth capability .The other day I worked it around old reef workings ,and had been flogged by other detectors ,with the 5k in s/ extra and tone at 60 ,trying to target sub/ grammers ,and even with the iron reject set on MAX  , and dozing the coil ,the response on even those '' GOT TO DIG SIGNALS  '' that the 5 k '' WOULDN'T REJECT , things like shot pellets ,half worn away boot tacks ,those curly end bits of horse shoe nails  ETC , still get the odd flaky tin of course ,which I don't mind digging up for those targets , '' even if I reckon there still junk '' as it reiterates my faith and confidence  in these detectors and DD mode  .Smile
hugh62
hugh62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharkbait Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:40 pm

G'day Hugh,
Damn,i went and ordered a 8" Detech Mono from Nenad at PhaseTechnical,as soon as i'd read that review from Kon V41

I Don't think i'll regret my purchase somehow..coupled to my 4500 it will be put to work.
Thanks for your post about the 8" DD coil,it certainly gives me more food for thought  T06
Sharkbait
Sharkbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:58 pm

In reality sharkbait, both mono & dd each have their place & serve a purpose. I have never needed to use a small DD on a Minelab PI detector, for discrimination purposes (not that discrimination with a small DD don't serve a purpose), but I have never had the need of using one, specifically for that  purpose when chasing gold.
Where a dd instead of mono configuration comes to play (as I do believe & have encountered in the past) or serves a better purpose, is on/over ground, high in mineralization or variably changing highly mineralized soil. Neither do I believe using half a DD winding as a mono coil, when I have full mono wound coils at hand.
Keep in mind, a mono coil over/in low to average ground mineralization, will almost always, defeat a similar in size DD counterpart, over the same size target at depth. More a fitness for purpose thing.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharkbait Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:11 pm

Kon61gold wrote:In reality sharkbait, both mono & dd each have their place & serve a purpose. I have never needed to use a small DD on a Minelab PI detector, for discrimination purposes (not that discrimination with a small DD don't serve a purpose), but I have never had the need of using one, specifically for that  purpose when chasing gold.
Where a dd instead of mono configuration comes to play (as I do believe & have encountered in the past) or serves a better purpose, is on/over ground, high in mineralization or variably changing highly mineralized soil. Neither do I believe using half a DD winding as a mono coil, when I have full mono wound coils at hand.
Keep in mind, a mono coil over/in low to average ground mineralization, will almost always, defeat a similar in size DD counterpart, over the same size target at depth. More a fitness for purpose thing.

Cheers Kon. T25

G'day Kon,
Bloody hell,my post sounds like i'm blaming you for rushing in to a mono coil..i apologise,that was totally not my intention Shocked
I've always been a mono user,and I suppose my naivety is showing,having not experimented seriously with a DD.

Like you say,they both have their purpose,and maybe I need to chuck on a DD now and again just to see the difference.

Cheers....Dave
Sharkbait
Sharkbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:49 pm

I know you weren't blaming me Dave, for you were after the performance characteristics/workings of a certain size/type mono coil.  I just thought I'd add on to what Hugh were saying about the DD part through my own experiences.
BTW, the smaller a coil is in DD winding configuration, the better its discriminating capabilities will be. This applies to both a pulse induction unit, or on a single frequency VLF for that matter.

Cheers Kon.  T06
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down