Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

+11
peterinaust
gold bug sniper
AraratGold
geof_junk
norvic
xmas tree
stevevic
moredeep
Kon61gold
phrunt
joe82
15 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Empty Re: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post  joe82 Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:59 am

Stupid question guys what’s the difference between the concentric and the standard x coils

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  phrunt Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:09 pm

I've been using the 15" X-coils concentric quite a bit lately and I've found it similar in small gold performance to the smaller coils like my 10" and 8" GPZ X-coils in regards to it's sensitivity to small gold and depth on it seems like it might be slightly more with the concentric on tiny gold, as the gold size increases so does the gap in depth between the smaller coils and the concentric. The concentric is very deep on bigger bits in comparison.

It's a very smooth running coil, and handles EMI well, I expected being a larger coil than I normally use EMI would be worse, but it was not.

I really like it and I can't wait for some results to come out of Australia of it working on the ground there as I expect it will do very well with tougher soils based on my experience here.

Last edited by phrunt on Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

phrunt
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2021-01-20

geof_junk, gold bug sniper and ChetB like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:38 pm

Seen some of your youtube videos on the use of these coils phrunt & much appreciate your input/feedback on them. Only a matter of time before one lands on my lap & you can bet (like Dave) I'll be testing it over some sections of variably changing, high mineralized ground, in order to see what they are capable of, followed by a full on-field test report.
BTW, welcome to the forum. cheers

Cheers Kon. Q11 T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

phrunt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  phrunt Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:14 pm

Thanks Kon, I really look forward to hearing how you go with it, and thanks for the welcome! Happy to be here.

phrunt
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  phrunt Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:58 pm

What a beauty! I just know you will like it a lot!

phrunt
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:17 pm

86 grams heavier in weight, don't change the time of day for us who have used or been using the 17 inch spiral Dave. Like a kid in a candy store V43  can't wait to get my hands on mine.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  phrunt Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:31 am

I just had my friends 15" Concentric arrive at my house today, it was sent to me as I'm home to get it from the courier, no doubt he'll be rushing out to use it this weekend!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Img_2010
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Img_2011

phrunt
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  phrunt Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:04 pm

And here is the weight of it

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Img_2013

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Img_2012

phrunt
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:14 pm

sneak a little go Laughing lol!

cheers   moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2018-05-23

ChetB and phrunt like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:48 pm

If they perform as good as they look, you guys over the quieter grounds of NZ should have a ball with them phrunt & if you can get away by running them in High Yield/Normal or General/Normal on the GPZ, you should achieve depths over any bigger slugs of gold, such that unheard of before. cheers Best of luck out there fellas.
Now if it all falls into place & works out in our favour, if possible, I would like to see a 10 or even 12 inch CC in the making, which should surpass even the brilliant 10 inch or 15X10, on gram to sub gram gold.
One thing to keep in mind with Concentric Coils (because of the cone shape field they tend to push out) is to make sure you over lap each previous coil swing, in order to maintain better in-ground coverage, of targets at depth.

Cheers Kon. T25

Last edited by Kon61gold on Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

gold bug sniper, ChetB and phrunt like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  phrunt Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:54 pm

Thanks Kon, yes I've been able to run it in Hy/Normal in most spots so hopefully more deep missed nuggets show their faces, I hope to be using it again on Sunday so fingers crossed, probably try a spot that's been done to death and see what pops up! It's already found a nugget in a place there should have been none left!

phrunt
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  stevevic Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:34 pm

Hi Everyone, just joined the forum looks great and looking forward to talking with others, was looking to buy new Z search coil but have already seen two up for sale after a couple of weeks, warning bells are ringing after 19 inch debacle so now looking into X coils, as is some glowing reports on this forum, just need some advice on where to purchase and how to go about the modifications done to existing cabling, cheers

stevevic
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2021-01-29

phrunt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  phrunt Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:36 pm

Davsgold should see your post and reply, he's the Aussie dealer for them. I just joined the forum too Smile Welcome though.

phrunt
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  stevevic Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:41 pm

Thanks Phrunt, same to you, Yep think he is the one, not allowed to send PM yet so will have to wait cheers

stevevic
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:21 pm

Welcome to the forum stevevic. One more post & your right to send off a pm.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  stevevic Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:32 pm

Thanks Kon for the welcome, pretty keen to learn more about the x coils so no doubt Davgold will be able to give me the rundown, I know nugget finder do good coils but now seeing two up for sale after a couple of weeks use has sown the seed of doubt, will come down to modifications required i guess cheers

stevevic
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  phrunt Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:21 pm

I had a busy weekend, a friend contacted me late Saturday afternoon to see if I wanted to go for a night detect at some rocky old producing ground near his house, followed by taking the Concentric coils back to the place I found a nugget a week or so ago so see if we could recover anymore from there. We have done that spot to death, I must have been there 20 times and him a huge amount more than that. Every time we go there we say never again, but a new coil comes along and we give it another shot, more often that not the new coil can get a bit more out of it but we were confident this time it had dried up, until of course I tested the concentric there and pulled up a bit of gold.
Our night detect I was using the 10" X-Coil and my friend used the 15x10" X-Coil on our GPZs. We had to use the smaller coils as the location is very rocky and not suitable for the 15" Concentric coils we have both just got. I had never been to this particular location before and found nothing but pellets, It was almost dark and my WM12 went flat so I walked over to where my friend was detecting, he'd just finished recovering too small nuggets. He got a signal right as I arrived, it sounded really good to me but we were both concerned it was a 22 bullet shell. He dug down with me watching and got down to bedrock and the signal continued, I used my Pin Pointer to verify it was in the rock which it was, so he smashed it out and it turned out to be a good size Nugget for New Zealand, just under 3 grams.

The next day we both fitted our 15" Concentric X-coils and started detecting right at the entrance to the area, the hardest hit part of this location. It wasn't even 10 minutes and he walked up and held out his hand and dropped a nugget into my hand, it was another nugget about 3 grams, unbelievable, we both could not believe it. The first one he found the night before was a miracle enough, to get another one, especially in this location was just weird. We just have to have gone over where it was before, it makes no sense. We continued on detecting and I ended up with 2 nuggets both reasonably small, and he ended up with another tiny one to go with his bigger one. A great weekend, what a surprise to get that nugget in that place! To put it into context getting a nugget over a gram is virtually a once a year thing in NZ getting 2 at around 3 grams each in one weekend is just weird 🙂

Here are some pictures of the day and gold. The red and blue circles picture is showing where I found two nuggets, the red circle a week or so ago, and the blue circle yesterday, both using the 15" Concentric in this spot we thought had ran out of gold. 🙂 The guy in the photo with the big "I just found gold grin" is the friend I was talking about, JW.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 110
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 210
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 310
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 410
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 510
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Img_2014
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Img_2015
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Img_2016
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Img_2017
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Img_2019
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Img_2018

phrunt
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

gold bug sniper, moredeep and ChetB like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:35 pm

Shocked Go Simon/JW go cheers Top going, well done fellas. To be able to run a GPX in normal, not alone the GPZ 7000 in High Yield Normal, or General Normal & still maintain a reasonably stable & quiet running coil, is where I envy you guys. Its every prospectors dream towards achieving ultimate depths & one certainly can't achieve that whilst running in Enhance (GPX 4500/5000) or in Difficult (as in the GPZ 7000). Unfortunately the majority of ground here in In Australia/Victoria, is all but mineralized to some degree or another, forcing most of us to constantly run in Enhance or Difficult in order to keep the coil running stable & quiet.
Just reinforces what I've been always saying in the past, that no ground, no matter how done to death it may seem to be, can still hold a slug of gold or two, just out of reach of all that we've been using before, till something new comes to town & changes everything. Shocked Laughing   Thanks for the write up Simon, well done.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:57 pm

Now Dave, don't get me over-excited. If I can run the concentric on normal & as quiet as the boys from NZ, there'd be no limit to what one would be capable of finding here in Vic.
Nah, nah, I got to snap out of what I were dreaming & come back down to earth. Shocked Q35

Cheers gents, Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

moredeep likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:06 pm

you'd better have a nip kon to calm the nerves,you'll sleep better Sleep Laughing Laughing

cheers   moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:08 pm

No moredeep. The anticipation of such a coil & its possible capabilities, require more than just a wee nip of the flammable amber calmative. More like a couple of quadruples poured over ice & sipped slowly, till the pickling effect is being felt. Q11 Laughing

Cheers Kon.  T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

moredeep likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  phrunt Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:20 am

The GPZ is a very different animal in difficult than normal. Difficult severely hinders depth, especially on smaller targets. If we had to run in difficult here we'd find far less of the small gold we find so I'm glad we can run in normal. It's not always easy, some places coil control is vital but it's worth it. In difficult the GPZ is very quiet compared to normal when it comes to ground noise and doesn't react to the ground like it can in normal.

If there are a couple of places you guys can get into normal with the concentric even with a lower gain I'd not be surprised if you could pull up some missed gold. I personally would rather run a low gain like 9 on normal with audio smoothing on low than switch to difficult with 20 gain and no smoothing as I think I'd do better on the smaller deep bits that way. We often run in Hy/Normal with 20 gain but don't get me wrong, doing so does require coil control. Some places its easy, others it's not but I still try keep things as cranked up as possible. I find the concentric coil runs smoother for me in these higher settings.

I look forward to hearing the first reports out of Australia, I obviously have no idea how it will run there but my hopes are high for you guys getting into normal a bit more often.

phrunt
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

geof_junk, gold bug sniper, AnnieL, PeterInSa and ChetB like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:30 pm

Well that's something to keep in mind or be aware of, thanks for the info phrunt. It shouldn't be to much longer now before my own concentric coil comes in & put through its paces. It is both exciting, as well as interesting to see, how this new line-up of Concentric Coils (by X-Coils) designed specifically for the GPZ 7000, perform over the more mineralized sections of ground.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

phrunt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  phrunt Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:13 pm

No problems, I look forward to hearing how you go.

phrunt
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  stevevic Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:32 pm

Big ask to run a Z in normal here in Vic, hope I'm wrong, but with stock coil you rarely get away with it

stevevic
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:07 pm

Big ask indeed Steve, for like most us here in Vic, have never found the ground circumstances to do so. More wishful thinking on my behalf than anything else.

Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  phrunt Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:55 am

Even if you do have to run in your normal settings you should find the increased depth and sensitivity (for the coil size) for example I feel the 15" Concentric is very similar if not better than the 10" for sensitivity to small gold but appears to have more depth than the 10" on the same gold. I have to use it a lot more yet, but early signs are very promising.

phrunt
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:38 pm

Good to hear phrunt. My new 17 inch Concentric has just arrived & (less any major rain or thunderstorms) will be putting it through its paces over the weekend.

Cheers gents, Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

moredeep and phrunt like this post

Back to top Go down

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Empty Concentric coils z coils for the G.PZ.Z.7000.

Post  xmas tree Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:05 pm

Hi Kon. You mentioned running the Z in hi/yield/ normal. I run mine in general/normal, in the G.T. I tried to run it in hi/yield/normal, but it seemed no quieter than general/ normal. Vol limit was 12, sens 10, volume 10, semi auto,
smoothing off. Do you have any suggestions on how I can make it quieter, without having to resort to difficult, as I feel you lose to much in that mode. xmas tree.

xmas tree
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2016-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:42 pm

G'day xmas tree

I mentioned having a go at trying to run the Z in normal over mineralised soil, but only to my dismay. As far as I know it cannot be done over ground high in mineralization (less one runs a very low gain with high smoothing on) & even then the Z (just like the GPX series running in normal) will still tend to false over the odd section or pocket of mineralized ground. Mind you I've seen people persevere by using several a different method in order to gain that extra depth the normal mode gives out, but only if they're prepared to dig one to many false signals before the actually lob on to the real McCoy.   I'm surprized you can even run your GPZ over Victorian mineralized ground without it constantly falsing, or giving off positive target signal responses, over phantom targets, that aren't really there.
Less the ground one intends on detecting over is all but benign, or very low in mineralization, I know not of any other way one can run the GPZ 7000 comfortably, when in High Yield Normal or General normal with a good steady threshold, without the in/on ground falsing.
Sorry I'm not much help to you here, but I know not how one can run their GPZ in normal (whether in High Yield or General Normal) without it constantly falsing, over sections or pockets of mineralized ground. V19  

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

xmas tree and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum