Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

+11
peterinaust
gold bug sniper
AraratGold
geof_junk
norvic
xmas tree
stevevic
moredeep
Kon61gold
phrunt
joe82
15 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - Page 4 Empty Re: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post  Kon61gold Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:27 am

Gents/phrunt, I hate to say it, but all or any user of the GPZ 7000 & X-Coils, are already 5 years ahead of what all the competition has to offer. Who knows how much further ahead we'll now be, with the addition of this new line-up of Concentric coils? One things for certain, no GPX 6000 will knock us off the perch any time soon. Shocked Laughing
On another note I had a couple of hrs up my sleeve to do more experimenting with the GPZ & 17 inch Concentric Coil near & right under high voltage power lines, where the EMI is most apparent/notable & I noticed that if a little to much EMI is being picked up by your CC coil, don't be afraid to auto tune your detector (right under the powerlines) for the best auto tune can select/do for you, then play around with your manual tune to get even better results with any remaining EMI interference.
The gold bearing ground that ran directly under & on each side of such powerlines, were full of in ground targets of which I dug up 2 small bits of buckshot at about 2 inches down, a round headed boot tack 6 inches down & a 0.23 gram bit of gold, 3 inches down, all within the first 15 minutes or so.  EMI through this 17 inch size CC coil doesn't completely disappear, but even directly under major power lines can be quietened down to the point where ones coil becomes more than tolerable/workable through any left over EMI.  

Cheers gents, Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4509
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Jin, X-COILS, ChetB and phrunt like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:40 am

norvic wrote: Tis exciting watching ML working in this "intelligent detector" direction, the 6000 being another step, just wonder how this direction will affect the aftermarket coil market. X coil has given us a big range of productive coils for the Z, the concentric showing they are continuing to progress outside of MLs "influence". Maybe the 6000 will show their direction more firmly and be after market coil proof.  

X coils have definitely highlighted the need for more coil choices for Minelab detectors and going by the arrangement ML seem to have made with NF for the new Z search coils and Coiltek now announcing the new coils for the NOX it looks promising for any future detectors coming out. Fingers crossed for the GPX 6000.🤞

Unfortunately the need for an adapter and the perceived risk of the adapter going wrong will always keep X coil users in a unique exclusive ‘members only’ club. Reap the rewards folks because I don’t see the current adapter method going mainstream any time soon, unless someone sets up a turn-around business making them with a guarantee or some such. (Davsgold? 🤔) The real issue here is how long can X coils keep going in a market that is showing signs of expanding which is obviously happening now with ML’s new attitude towards more coil choices with the NOX and GPZ.

Clearly X coils have improved over time and are continuing to develop their coils for the benefit of users here, but with the latest Concentric’s how many posters on this forum actually paid for their coils? Just about everyone here has received their coils for free which is very generous of the manufacturer but not sustainable over time.

Not trying to stir the pot, I know the X coils debates have been extremely emotive over the past year or so for a myriad of reasons. At the end of the day I for one am appreciative X coils have made the effort because it has highlighted the need to a company that is growing bigger and bigger by the day with its home turf seeming to figure less and less in its future product directions.

JP

Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2008-11-25

http://www.theoutbackprospector.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  norvic Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:30 am

To me all X coils have been since my first one purchased two years back a step up from MLs coils, any improvements have been since then different sizes/configurations mainly, sure there is a few out there who have smoked their Z with a badly made adaptor, but the question that stands out how many Zs have been smoked by an X coil on a properly made adaptor? If the answer to this is zilch or no more then are smoked with ML coils on them prorata then the next question that stands out like a sore thumb is why X coil is not supplied with the chip, they are the leading world manufacturer of aftermarket coils for the Z (the worlds leading gold detector) and have been for 2 years plus thus they have the knowledge base and experience way ahead of anyone else. The Z being around for what 6 years has how many years left before it is replaced? ML give your customers easy access to the worlds best range of Z aftermarket coils or than again no don`t let us who go with innovation selfishly have a golden time. Wink

I apologize for going off thread.

norvic
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2015-04-26

phrunt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:54 pm

I largely agree Norvic, I’m not talking about blown units here just the fear associated with cutting the plug off a good coil and what might happen if they get it wrong. To my knowledge no GPZ has blown because of an X coil, and none have blown with a properly made adapter, so it begs the question why isn’t someone offering a reliable service for the making of the adapter? Because thats the obvious bottle neck for X coils, forcing the customer to organise their own adapter is not a good business model and constantly wishing ML would come to the rescue isn’t either.

The concentric seems to be a pretty big step up again from what was available previously so now more than ever there needs to be something available to give potential customers some peace of mind, not everyone is a hairy chested FNQer!!What a Face

Based on the videos that Rick has put up going over his WA ground I am very impressed with the way the CC X coil has behaved, I know it’s early days but kudo’s to X coil guys on getting them to work.

JP
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2008-11-25

http://www.theoutbackprospector.com.au

AraratGold, CDave and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:26 pm

G'day gents

No need to apologize for stating it down as it is Norvic. Since we're on the topic of appreciating truth for what it actually is, let me add my bit on here.
Firstly, if it were not for an after market coil manufacturer such that of X-Coils "highlighting the way to the use of different size/shape coils for the GPZ 7000" would we GPZ users after 6 long years still not be lacking in aftermarket coils?
I for one would be just as happy giving an open honest report on any new aftermarket coil, whether it be paid for, or given to me for free, by any aftermarket coil manufacturer.
Now JP when you put down a question such that of  "how many posters on this forum actually paid for their new CC coils? Then should we not be asking how many coils have you have received for free from Minelab & or Nugget Finder & or from the X-Coils manufacturer, for the purpose of testing & giving back feed back, or is that meant to be hush hush & only for the elite few Minelab/Nugget Finder, X-Coil testers/dealers?
Whether its sustainable or not, who are we to dwell on the generosity of what the X-Coils manufacturer wants or does not want to do with his own time/money, for the people that have invested in his products. If only all coil manufacturers were as generous as this Russian manufacturer.
"The real issue here is not how long X-coils can keep going in a market that is showing signs of expanding, (which is obviously happening now with Minelabs new attitude) towards more coil choices for the NOX & GPZ" but more to the point of Minelab having this expected by all GPZ users attitude from day one, keeping to their promises such that of giving GPZ users a variety of coil sizes, as were first stated by Minelab.
I too see it as a shame that if Minelab had no intention of producing any aftermarket coils for the GPZ, why then deprive the market of demand, by not working with Nugget Finder or Coiltek (the two biggest & most reputable Australian aftermarket coil manufacturers) in order to produce a range of aftermarket coils for the needs of the individual prospector?
Just like Minelab owes no explanation of what they decide to do or not do with their investments, then neither does any other aftermarket coil manufacturer who decides to fulfil that vacant coil seat of demand, without infringing on copywrite.
Now as for the need to make an aftermarket adapter of which if not properly made can & will damage ones GPZ 7000, also throwing any warranty left on the detector out the door, together with a very expensive repair bill, (for this is what Minelab already states, for all or any after market product, not approved by Minelab).
Lastly & more important, no GPZ X-Coil user recommends to another prospector/detectorist on here that they "must" invest in buying an X-Coil, then having to chop off their main coil lead from the original 14X13  in order to make an adapter to suit the running of all aftermarket X-Coils as well as their original GPZ coils. Each person by now would have read & heard it enough times concerning  the making of an adapter in order to suit the X-Coils, as well as the original Minelab coils & it is up to each individual if they decide so, do so at their own risk (just like all X-coil users who took it upon themselves very well knowing the consequences if things were to go wrong).

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  norvic Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:45 pm

Because thats the obvious bottle neck for X coils, forcing the customer to organise their own adapter is not a good business model and constantly wishing ML would come to the rescue isn’t either.

Quote above is way off the mark, X coil didn`t force customers to make an adapter, ML did by not producing the coil variety their rhetoric indicated they would, it is not wishing that ML will come to the rescue it is expecting ML to give the customer what they want and rectify their incorrect rhetoric by simply giving X coil access to the chip as they did NF. Kon has summed it up with this.

I too see it as a shame that if Minelab had no intention of producing any aftermarket coils for the GPZ, why then deprive the market of demand, by not working with Nugget Finder or Coiltek (the two biggest & most reputable Australian aftermarket coil manufacturers) in order to produce a range of aftermarket coils for the needs of the individual prospector?

norvic
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2015-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post  CDave Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:31 pm

Nice to know I am part of “a unique exclusive ‘members only’ club “ for building an adaptor for the early 10x9” Xcoil. I WAS stressed that day as so much hung on getting it right. It paid off as the coil has well and truly paid for its self with lots of mainly <0.2g nuggets and is still going strong – no touch sensitivity after 2 years, that is impressive!! However, much gold is missed because of excessive ground noise from hot ground necessitating turning down the gain, upping the filtering and time wasted on false signals.... The obvious signals will push through even a loud background, but not the faint ones missed by others. So, if the CC is quiet, I want one!

I am envious of those getting freebies to try... However, how else do us “bricks in the wall” get to know about them??  It should be acknowledged in their posts tho’....

Retailers could help us out with demo or hire coils – anyone listening?? 10 minutes on my machine and I would know if it was for me!

In my situation I am wedged! I could spend 3 times more and get a GPX6000 with 2 coils?? And far better ergonomics and not 5 years old.... And was it 4 stars compared to 1 for the SDC?? Two new batteries too!

Please keep up the videos, it is all good.

dave,  another one

CDave
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2016-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:10 pm

You & every other GPZ user who chose to go down that track Dave. This should not be about who's comments are more in the right or wrong, for that doesn't help solve any issues facing GPZ users or any other detector operator for that matter, neither is it for attaining the most brownie points upon ones write up. Its about the individual prospector wanting to gain more than what's currently available/offered out there on the market & being given that opportunity by major detector/coil manufacturers in doing so. There is no problem on this planet that is difficult to understand/undertake, less we ourselves make it difficult.
Once again I wish to make this clear, this forum is not devoted only to X-Coils, but to all or any equipment made for the purpose of better serving the detectorist/prospector, in search for that elusive golden ointment. Give credit to where credit is due & sort out the so called wheat from the chaff, keeping what knowledge best suits, the needs of each individual.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

moredeep and X-COILS like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  phrunt Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:13 am

It appears the concentric coils have gone up on the https://www.x-coils.com/shop for sale now.

phrunt
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2021-01-20

geof_junk, Jin and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  AraratGold Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:16 pm

phrunt wrote:It appears the concentric coils have gone up on the https://www.x-coils.com/shop for sale now.

I thought they had got cheaper, then noticed the prices are in US dollars now ??

Rick
AraratGold
AraratGold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Jin Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:47 am

I thought they had got cheaper, then noticed the prices are in US dollars now ?? wrote:

Yes, I noticed that also Rick. Possibly Dave buys off the Russian manufacturer in USD and because the price fluctuates so much between USD and AUD Dave can maintain his profit margin as a dealer.

Jin
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2017-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  phrunt Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:32 am

It could turn out beneficial, when I moved from Australia to NZ the AUD was almost at parity with the USD, If that happens again, or even if they edge closer in value it makes the coils cheaper Smile

On 15 October 2010, the dollar reached parity with the US dollar for the first time since becoming a freely traded currency, trading above US$1 for a few seconds.

I was very lucky at the time with the AUD being so high I transferred all of my money from OZ at a stellar exchange rate to NZ getting about 30 cents to the dollar more, since then they sit around the 6 or so cent mark difference on average I guess.  I also snapped up a fair bit of USD knowing that it won't last that high and swapped them back to NZD when the currencies normalized too.

But yes, I'd say Jin is right, it keeps the price more stable as the AUD is all over the place lately, the Russian X-coils site has always been in USD so maybe they just wanted to keep them the same.  It could also be a lot of buyers were from outside Australia I guess and paying in USD is more normal for international transactions.

phrunt
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2021-01-20

geof_junk and Jin like this post

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum