Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to the forum but not new to forums

4 posters

Go down

New to the forum but not new to forums Empty New to the forum but not new to forums

Post  Xavier48 Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:11 am

Hi Guys

Well I found your forum quite by accident and as gold prospecting is something that I would like to learn more about I came right in. I live in South Africa and as you probably already know our gold is very deep in the ground, non the less there is gold to be found on the surface of the ground and in the rivers. Like I said in the post title I'm not new to forums, I am a member of a metal detecting forum but as I'm not sure about the rules here I will not mention the forums name, I have been and still am on this forum since 2009. I'm a moderator there so I can't tell how much time I will be able to spend here but I will be around. I have never bought a metal detector as I have always build them myself but I am looking for one at the moment I was thinking about the AT Pro or something in that price range.

Regards
Xavier48
Xavier48
Xavier48
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-06-13

Back to top Go down

New to the forum but not new to forums Empty Re: New to the forum but not new to forums

Post  kon61 Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:01 pm

G'day Xavier48,welcome to the forum.If you have the knowledge,coupled to the finances and time,nothing wrong with building things yourself.
The Garret A/T Pro is a good all round VLF metal detector,specifically designed for the coin/cache market with gold detecting capabilities as second.If it's strictly gold your after,you'll find the A/T Gold a more formidable opponent,with the added advantage,of it being a good capable,coin/cache detector over parks and dry beach sands.

Cheers Kon.cheersWhat a Face
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

New to the forum but not new to forums Empty Re: New to the forum but not new to forums

Post  piston broke Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:55 pm

Welcome Xavier,it would be great to hear about your exploits in South Africa. cheers Pete.
piston broke
piston broke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1633
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Xavier48 Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:33 am

Hi Kon61

Thanks for the reply. I have been building metal detectors for nearly five years and have spent much time and money on them but it's a hobby and a passion, as I cannot accept failure I just keep pushing on for the perfect detector build I'll never achieve that perfection but I just can't stop building then in the attempt for the high standard . I was looking at the AT Gold and for such a small price difference I think that it would be a better bet as an all rounder.

Xavier48
Xavier48
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Xavier48 Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:43 am

piston broke wrote:Welcome Xavier,it would be great to hear about your exploits in South Africa. cheers Pete.
Hi Piston broke

I like that nickname it reminds me of the time a con-rod broke on my Yamaha 750 LOL Well exploits there are so many to talk about actually they're not really exploits but just some adventure, nice stuff like going on a bike run from JHB to South West Africa or so it was called it them days. We were 360 men and woman, I had so much fun that I can't even remember half of it LOL  then there were my diving days for diamond on the western coast of SA that was fun but the water is never above 8c not nice for swimming but great to keep the sharks at bay.
Xavier48
Xavier48
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenhero Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:53 am

Hi X , welcome to the forum , I know you from Thunting ( my ID there is 'au fever' ) . Hows the recovery going from the surgery . cheers Mick

goldenhero
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2012-12-19

Back to top Go down