Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to the Forums

4 posters

Go down

New to the Forums Empty New to the Forums

Post  Stewart Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:56 pm

Hello everyone.

I'm from the central west of NSW in gold country, I hope to soon purchase a detector and spend some time in the bush. Still susing out which detector to go with, may even give a pan a go with a few good creeks nearby.

Regards
Stewart

Stewart
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2012-10-04

Back to top Go down

New to the Forums Empty Re: New To The Forums

Post  Guest Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:23 pm

G'day Stewart and welcome to the forum... There is nothing wrong with starting with the pan... That was the way I started many many years ago... Very Happy Very Happy I would try for a M/L if you can afford and would try to hire one to see how you go first... Hope this helps and hope you find some yellow...

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

New to the Forums Empty Re: New to the Forums

Post  Guest Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:34 pm

Welcome Stewart! take small steps, don’t get bogged down with technology, there is no such thing as a sure thing, give the pan a go and see what the future holds and if you do put in 110%, persistence in the name of the game.

..-86

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:40 pm

Stewart wrote:Hello everyone.

I'm from the central west of NSW in gold country, I hope to soon purchase a detector and spend some time in the bush. Still susing out which detector to go with, may even give a pan a go with a few good creeks nearby.

Regards
Stewart

G'day Stewart and welcome to the forum, there is plenty of good info here to read through.

From Forbes ay, they say there is some good places for gold around there also Parkes and Peak Hill and Tomingely as well. I've never tried these areas, I been to Stewart Town and Hill End a few times though. Wink

Hope you find heaps and enjoy being out in the bush.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:41 pm

Welcome Stewart.
You will find lot of info on the forum.Explore it and dont be afraid to ask any questions.
There is lot of experience members here to help you with this new hobby.
Enjoy it and good luck.
GoldEN

Back to top Go down

New to the Forums Empty youtube

Post  Stewart Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:55 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys, awsome vids David loved the 63 grammer. affraid

Stewart
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  LONE WOLF XLIX Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:51 pm

Hi Stewart,

Good luck in your new hobby,I am in N.S.W. So maybe we will meet out in the bush detecting one day, am doing some research on the areas you mentioned to find a spot to check over ,and hope to dig a few holes so i can fill them in again. Smile affraid cheers
LONE WOLF XLIX
LONE WOLF XLIX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2012-07-14

Back to top Go down

New to the Forums Empty Lone Wolf

Post  Stewart Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:48 pm

That sounds like a great idea Lone Wolf. rabbit

Stewart
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

New to the Forums Empty The pain and the ecstasy

Post  slimpickens Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:57 am

Welcome Stewart,
By all means try panning, it will be great fun for about 45 minutes. ( The pain) affraid
Then go and buy the best Minelab PI machine you can afford. Remember you only live once, and you can't take it with you. Then you can stroll through the hills and enjoy the sunshine and beautiful forests and maybe as a bonus stumble onto a little nugget. ( The ecstasy) bounce
Cheers Harry
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Bushed-Tracker Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:13 am

Welcome to these forums Stewart. Not a bad place to start with a pan and learn where and how gold is deposited in a stream. Many of us here started like that... pan, river sluice, high banker, VLF detector and now PI's, I have owned a 2200d and now a 4500. Bugger What a Face I wish I had that machine in 1981... Whoeeee Shocked Very Happy

Cheers John
Bushed-Tracker
Bushed-Tracker
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down