Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new member from S.A.

4 posters

Go down

A new member from S.A. Empty A new member from S.A.

Post  wobblie cog bob Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:21 pm

Hi all , I only become aware of this forum a few months ago and thought I would say " gday ". I dont own a detector at present ( had a Garratt A2b a few years ago and sold it ) but I am interested in doing a bit of panning and maybe buying another detector in the future . In an earlier post there was a mention of Port Pirie and areas in the Flinders rangers which I would be real keen to find out more about because thats the direction I would like to go . Apart from the fun of going prospecting and the excitment if you do find something I also love photographing the old ruins and other items of history which are found around old mining areas ect.
Keep up the good work all and I will se how we go . Rob
wobblie cog bob
wobblie cog bob
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2013-02-09

Back to top Go down

A new member from S.A. Empty Re: A new member from S.A.

Post  Guest Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:22 pm

G'day Rob and welcome to the forum. Very Happy . There are quite a few members on this site from SA so I hope you enjoy this site. There is plenty of good info and many knowledgable members as well. I wish you luck in your new adventures and hope to hear some of your finds in the near future.

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

A new member from S.A. Empty A new member from S.A.

Post  sandy2010 Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:29 pm

Hi Rob and welcome to the "club".....
It's a nice part of the world Kapunda......yes,the Flinders would be an interesting area to fossick if it's not a restricted area (National Park, Reserve etc,)
You mentioned you had a A2B.....good unit, I found a swag of gold with mine.....good on the (dry) beach too.

Be lucky.

sandy2010
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:37 pm

Hi mate and welcome. There is a lot of info on site about S.A. Cheers James

Back to top Go down

Post  wobblie cog bob Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:26 pm

Gday all , Thanks for the inspiration all I gotta do now is stop spending all my money on old trucks an get myself a Minelab 5000 detector I think . cheers Rob
wobblie cog bob
wobblie cog bob
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:49 pm

Hi Rob and welcome to the forum.Here is the post about Port Pirie:

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t6406-any-info-on-port-pirie-area-for-gold-detecting?highlight=PORT+PIRIE

Enjoy the forum and use the search feature in a right hand corner on the main page.

GoldEN

Last edited by golden on Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add)

Back to top Go down

Post  wobblie cog bob Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:23 pm

Gday all , its been nearly a year since I wrote here Ive gotta stop spending money on old trucks and buy a Minelab 5000 , well niether of them has happened  Sad . BUT I have bought a Gold Bug Pro for a couple of reasons ,I want to crawl before I walk and here in S.A. there were only smaller nuggets found so I will see how the gold bug shapes up with that task . On this forum I have found many useful links to early mining records and Ive found that stuff extremely interesting and I will continue to research and learn how to use the gold bug and soon will venture out above Burra or lower Flinders and put the gold bug to task  Idea 
I shall keep youse posted on my progress (or lack off ) .  Rob
wobblie cog bob
wobblie cog bob
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:48 pm

T24
Hi Rob,
Welcome back  T23 
What ever the outcome is.
I think we all will be interested.
Good luck with the Gold Bug Pro.
Looking forward to hearing about your adventures

Back to top Go down

Post  wobblie cog bob Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:43 pm

Jen58 Thanks for your inspirational reply , took the G/B for a stroll just out of town the other day (purely a training exersize) and dug up a 1830 religious pendant , I know it aint a nugget but its not a screw top lid either and I did say ' I wanted to crawl before I walked ' Around here there was some very early mining actitity and its probably a good place for me to 'get the hang' of this poor mans minelab before I do some remote 'swinging' . Rob
wobblie cog bob
wobblie cog bob
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:00 pm

way to go Rob  T33 

Finding that 1830 religious pendant,  like you said better than a bottle top.
Can't wait to hear of more of your finds..

Thanks for sharing your find with us all  T06 

T10  I bet you were doing the happy dance  T18  after that find  Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post  getascripter Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 pm

G'day Rob ... what's that in the pic? An old Ford? Is it a Louisville?? Bit hard to see 'cos of the distance!

LOLOL Old truckin' family here ... got a heap of trucks & trailers out in the yard ... $400Gr & you can take the lot (4 Prime Movers plus 2 rebuilders, half a dozen flat tops, a 'curtain side' ... the list goes on!)

I'm down here past Strath ... but do most of my gold hunting in VIC. I mainly use a highbanker in winter, and now have a dry washer for summer. Getting a bit on every trip, so I'm happy!!
Good to see another CrowEater on the forum.  T06 
getascripter
getascripter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post  AU_Toe Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:46 pm

G'Day WCB

wobblie cog bob wrote:Around here there was some very early mining actitity and its probably a good place for me to 'get the hang' of this poor mans minelab before I do some remote 'swinging' . Rob

Did you get my email about going for a swing around your way ???

TIA
AU_Toe
AU_Toe
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2014-02-09

http://ozgold.itis.nu/

Back to top Go down

Post  wobblie cog bob Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:39 pm

Gday all , Getascripter that truck is a 1980 White Road Boss which I have on historical rego , I was trying to put a pic of another truck of mine as an avitar but I couldnt get it to work .And AU-toe I did try and reply on the link you provided mate but I must have done something wrong , hey did you have a good week end ? I cant wait till you put up some photos of your finds , I will try and resend the message . Cheers for now Rob
wobblie cog bob
wobblie cog bob
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down