Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

new member Empty new member

Post  ozzyjock Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:54 pm

Hi guys, just came across this forum, am a total newbie to prospecting but moved to Leonora for work and have decided that not prospecting whilst living in the goldfields would be like going to Ireland an not trying guinness.

Don't have a detector at the moment, am considering the 2300 on advice from long time prospectors but will have to wait till i am sure its for me, hoping to gain some knowledge from here and maybe find some gold one day.

cheers

ozzyjock
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-10-24

Back to top Go down

new member Empty Re: new member

Post  Guest Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:12 am

Q31 to the forum.

The SDC2300 is a great vacuum cleaner of a detector.

Enjoy the forum, and hope to hear of your adventures.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:05 am

Hi Ozzyjock, welcome aboard, the SDC would be my first choice for anyone new to the game, indeed I use one as my first choice. If you take up detecting you will find much info that you will need in these pages.
Welcome!! Basketball

Back to top Go down

new member Empty thanks

Post  ozzyjock Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:40 am

thanks for the welcome and advice guys.

ozzyjock
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:17 pm

Hi Ozzyjock,
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your new hobby.

Hope you know all WA requirements when decideD to take the hobby (miners right etc).

http://www.dmp.wa.gov.au/1635.aspx

Its also good to support organizations which support us and become member (like APLA in WA).

http://www.apla.com.au/

2300 is great detector, very simple to use and proven to find gold.(Also many many pieces of metal rubbish like all other detectors).

Its probably the best choice for a newbie.

As you work there i am sure you would hear all at work about health and safety but it always pays to go that extra bit and read and get prepared properly when detecting.

Enjoy the hobby and have fun.

GoldEN

Last edited by golden on Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add)

Back to top Go down