Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

just starting out in victoria (rokewood area)

+3
bergs
piston broke
mike1
7 posters

Go down

just starting out in victoria (rokewood area) Empty just starting out in victoria (rokewood area)

Post  mike1 Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:26 pm

just wondering if anyone here has had any luck in the rokewood area in victoria?

mike1
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-08-16

Back to top Go down

just starting out in victoria (rokewood area) Empty Re: just starting out in victoria (rokewood area)

Post  piston broke Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:20 pm

Welcome to the site Mike, sorry I can't help with your question though . cheers Pete.
piston broke
piston broke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1633
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

just starting out in victoria (rokewood area) Empty Re: just starting out in victoria (rokewood area)

Post  Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:57 pm

hay mike1, the town with the wooden carvings on the side off the highway forgotten the name off the place,i do know off good gold comming from around there,not far from you.good luck .matt

Back to top Go down

Post  bergs Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:28 pm

Hi Matt, that's Corindhap but I think you'll find most of that private property these days.

cheers bergs
bergs
bergs
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2011-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  stilltrying Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:45 pm

Hi,welcome. I don't know the area but I can tell you how to find any area where you are allowed to go in Victoria.
Go to dpi.vic.gov.au then click earth resources then click geovic down bottem right then annoyomous 3, then click layers now in layers I click tenerments leases/ licences ,crown land , in minerals leads, towns, roads, railway, powerlines while in layers you can add what ever you like. these maps are DPI so you know they are or should be correct. They are hard to understand at first but once you learn how to use are an excellant resource of info.

Last edited by stilltrying on Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : incorrect web site)
stilltrying
stilltrying
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2012-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post  lasseter Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:09 am

Hi mike,

I know of some gold coming from that area. I wouldnt bother up toward and cape clear tho as I have never known any good gold to come from cape clear, the adjoining area or the creek there.

good luck

lasseter

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:00 am

Hi! I know of a large nugget found in Corindhap years ago, now in a museum was found on the surface, there is also spring creek in Dereel and you are not far from Beringa.
..-86

Back to top Go down

Post  cabletie Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:59 pm

Hey mike.
Im from smythesdale, I dont know of any areas there, But I wouldnt mind catching up for a hunt one day mate, as it can be very discouraging on your own.
cabletie
cabletie
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 575
Registration date : 2012-08-12

https://youtu.be/s_5Td2wPusA

Back to top Go down

Post  littleazza1979 Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:57 pm

ill be going over that way soon for some panning i had a bit of a go at Beringa but didnt find much

littleazza1979
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2012-09-08

Back to top Go down