Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

some small ones to add to the 27g nugget

+2
piston broke
bedrock
6 posters

Go down

some small ones to add to the 27g nugget Empty some small ones to add to the 27g nugget

Post  bedrock Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:47 pm

Went back 2 more times for a couple of hours each and that's what the hill produced so far.
I reckon there will be more small ones hiding under the bark, leaves and dead wood, but I've
done a 'quick' scan of the most likely areas around the original find (see previous post)
and the extensions of it and no more 'big' signals, but will keep at it every now and then, it
might still be a good area for a surprise Surprised
bedrock
some small ones to add to the 27g nugget P1000711
bedrock
bedrock
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Back to top Go down

some small ones to add to the 27g nugget Empty Re: some small ones to add to the 27g nugget

Post  piston broke Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:10 pm

Gee, that big one has cleaned up nicely Very Happy . cheers Pete.
piston broke
piston broke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1633
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

some small ones to add to the 27g nugget Empty Re: some small ones to add to the 27g nugget

Post  deutran Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:15 pm

Good job bedrock
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  MTB Digger Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:00 am

That big one looks like Australia thats been stepped on by a bloody big foot!
MTB Digger
MTB Digger
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2012-05-14

http://www.imging.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:39 am

nice pieces there mate
i recon there would be more there for sure
dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:50 am

bloody awesome mate well done, clean some the area up and run every coil from small up... i went back over some ground i smashed with the 4500 and just the standard 5000 and thought that was it no more, played around with some settings on the 5000 with the b&z booster and found more from .7g to 1g it pays to play.
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:52 am

Well done Bedrock very nice pieces there. If you don't my me asking,what size coil were you using to ping the big one and how deep was it, and was it the same size coil to get the littley's as well????
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  bedrock Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:16 am

Wombat wrote:Well done Bedrock very nice pieces there. If you don't my me asking,what size coil were you using to ping the big one and how deep was it, and was it the same size coil to get the littley's as well????
wombat Wink

Hi Wombat, so far I've only used the 11" mono (for all the bits)...as it is on top of a hill there's not much depth to it...the big one I found at about 10". I will have to rake some more areas to get the coil right on the ground.
cheers
bedrock
bedrock
bedrock
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:56 am

Thanks for that mate. I've got to admit I've only used my 11" mono a couple for times and I did find my biggest piece with it 16" down. I'm planning to hit a hilly area next week so I might chuck it on then. The gravel is only a couple of inches under the ground.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Goldylox Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:14 am

Woo hoo Bedrock! Nice pieces there - it does look like Australia. bounce

Send some of that magick luck this way aye!

Pixi.

Goldylox
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2011-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post  bedrock Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:57 pm

thanks everyone for the encouraging words,
sometimes it feels a bit like a 'show off' when posting gold finds, but
I am happy to see other people's gold, especially if I don't find any myself.
That's the stuff that inspires me and keeps me going out and try again the next day!
bedrock
and Pixi...did that good luck arrived at your end ? Smile

bedrock
bedrock
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Goldylox Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:04 pm

Bwahaha...it's like the postal service around these here parts - on a go slow. Wink There is always hope for the morrow though!

Goldylox
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Hey presto Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:13 pm

bedrock wrote:thanks everyone for the encouraging words,
sometimes it feels a bit like a 'show off' when posting gold finds, but
I am happy to see other people's gold, especially if I don't find any myself.
That's the stuff that inspires me and keeps me going out and try again the next day!
bedrock
and Pixi...did that good luck arrived at your end ? Smile

Hey bedrock, definetly not showing off - motivation for others for sure. That's for the motivation. Well done and I hope to see some more photos soon.
Hey presto
Hey presto
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Goldylox Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:34 am

I for one love to see the member finds photos - seeing what mother earth has been coveting for millions of years. Smile

It's definitely not showing off - it's sharing a major part of what this great hobby is about. Keep on sharing! bounce

Goldylox
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down