Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many folks here get into a bit of "Sluiceing"

+9
philski
gcause
Jeffu
grumpy57
starry
mr-comfy
Peter23
Chimpy
rc62burke
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How many folks here get into a bit of "Sluiceing" - Page 2 Empty Sluicing

Post  G.K. Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:25 pm

G'Day All.
I have made a sluice out of plywood & 70x19 pine I had floating around, it is (loosely) based on the shape of one of the MacGurk units. Only tried it out once yet (after spending 1.5 hrs cutting my way through fallen vegetation on the track) near an old gold mine from the Depression. (Scored a tick on the groin from that.)
Not sure whether what I recovered was flour gold, sand or a mixture of both but the sluice seemed to work reasonably well. At this stage I am experimenting with how to use detectors, the sluice & pan- mostly enjoying myself but still awaiting my first decent find. So far, a few coins on the beach, some projectiles & old, square nails (6" or so) which I believe came from the shoring in the mine.
Cheers, Keith.

G.K.
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2011-12-24

Back to top Go down

How many folks here get into a bit of "Sluiceing" - Page 2 Empty Re: How many folks here get into a bit of "Sluiceing"

Post  fisho101 Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:10 am

Does anyone do checking of your sluice.I mean rerunning of material , say get a bucket of material , pann it count the number of specs then tip them back into your bucket with the material just panned and run it through the sluice?I have been and it is also interesting to get some different sized and shaped nuggets and add them in to see if your sluice captures them.My sluice has two 800 LPM bilge pumpe that recirculate water from a container that has a bucket inside that collects the tailings .cheers Cam
fisho101
fisho101
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2011-05-05

Back to top Go down

How many folks here get into a bit of "Sluiceing" - Page 2 Empty Re: How many folks here get into a bit of "Sluiceing"

Post  Poss Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:44 pm

Hi Folks, i like to use my Hi Banker... i made it from big alum road speed signs ! its quite large and it works exceptionally well. even on the finest of fine gold :-)
I plan on giving it a good go this year, as i have not done it for about 6 years...lol... just getting the fever again sunny
I am after a good 1 '" 4 stroke water pump for my box, so if anyone can recommend a good one i am all ears elephant i previously had a BIG yammy 2 " pump, but its a little hard to tote around ( about 40 kilos ) ... Razz its so easy using a hi banker... and when you pan of the tailings OMG farao

Poss
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2012-09-19

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2