Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maryborough Paddys Ranges Free Campsite

4 posters

Go down

Maryborough Paddys Ranges Free Campsite Empty Maryborough Paddys Ranges Free Campsite

Post  Guest Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:52 pm

4 Kilometers out of Maryborough on the Pyrenees Highway heading towards Avoca you cross a railway line,Take the next turn left 150 Mtrs (Old Avoca Rd) Travel down 400 metres and follow signs.
This campsite has toilets and water that can be boiled for drinking.Also has barbeque facilities (Ranger supplies wood).This campsite is free no power available.

Back to top Go down

Maryborough Paddys Ranges Free Campsite Empty Yep

Post  philip.j.thompson Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:49 pm

Did a drive through there a few months ago - fine if you are young and self sufficient, great if you have a motor home or caravan with a dunee, for us , well over 50, my god we got old quick. So if equiped go for it. Laughing

philip.j.thompson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 725
Registration date : 2012-07-24

Back to top Go down

Maryborough Paddys Ranges Free Campsite Empty Re: Maryborough Paddys Ranges Free Campsite

Post  Golden Slumbers Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:38 pm

I have camped there many times, its a nice spot and right in the heart of the diggings

Golden Slumbers
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down

Maryborough Paddys Ranges Free Campsite Empty Re: Maryborough Paddys Ranges Free Campsite

Post  digga Sun May 04, 2014 7:51 pm

sorry to bring up on old post but
are there any restrictions on were you can and cant detect in paddy,s ranges were heading up this way to camp next long weekend would be nice to get in 2/3 days detecting as well
i did a quick search on google and found a old thread some were about detecting not allowed in some areas then read later on that they were lifted buy the state goverment can any won tell me is this true or its safe to detect were i like
cheers travis
digga
digga
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2013-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 04, 2014 8:19 pm

G'day Travis,

I think you will find you can only detect in certain areas in the Paddys ranges state park and where the camp ground is you are not allowed to detect. You should check this out at the parks Vic first here is a couple of links to check out.

http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/315558/Park-note-Paddys-Ranges-State-Park.pdf

http://www.exploreaustralia.net.au/Victoria/Goldfields/Paddys-Ranges-State-Park/Karri-Track-camping-area

Hope these help.

Back to top Go down

Post  digga Sun May 04, 2014 9:05 pm

thanx mike will ring them tommorow thanx for the link
travis
digga
digga
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2013-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 04, 2014 9:12 pm

Your wellcome Travis and good luck on trip out there.

Back to top Go down

Post  ronl Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:44 am

Dig24crt wrote:4 Kilometers out of Maryborough on the Pyrenees Highway heading towards Avoca you cross a railway line,Take the next turn left 150 Mtrs (Old Avoca Rd) Travel down 400 metres and follow signs.
This campsite has toilets and water that can be boiled for drinking.Also has barbeque facilities (Ranger supplies wood).This campsite is free no power available.

Hi Folks
i note that the last post was done a couple of years ago, just wondering if i could kindly ask about what the campground is like now, I'm considering being there mid winter with my caravan (just how this trip works out). What is the access like and surface gravely, muddy, mossy, etc? Appreciate any assistance.

ronl
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:12 pm

Hi Roni

The track to there, should be fine.. they do get graded.
But if in doubt ring the parks.

http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/315558/Park-note-Paddys-Ranges-State-Park.pdf

Back to top Go down

Post  ronl Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:37 pm

Hey Jen,

thanks for the speedy reply. It must be a crappy day so we've chosen to be online rather than outdoors.
Would you suggest that this area is suitable as a base for a week (being close to M'borough)? I have also contacted the C'park about accommodation there as well. Have a good one.

Cheers
Ron

ronl
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:55 pm

Hi Ron
Its a pretty little camp site.. been in there a few times.. ( not camped, just for a look )
the track in has always been ok.
all close to some good gold bearing ground..
well there use to be some good gold there. Very Happy

And there are 2 caravan parks in Marybrough vic.
So you can do a bit of both camping.. if you like.

Back to top Go down