Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best cheap awd new car what's cheapest best?

3 posters

Go down

Best cheap awd new car what's cheapest best? Empty Best cheap awd new car what's cheapest best?

Post  vic_nugget Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:00 am

Do we think the USA JEEP brand is the cheapest best off road awd?
We can spend loads on a Nissan patrol or a v8 awd.

But isn't $32,000 to $35,000 drive away brand new car jeep awd the cheapest best?

Also what's the difference between awd and 4wd?

vic_nugget
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2012-03-15

Back to top Go down

Best cheap awd new car what's cheapest best? Empty Re: Best cheap awd new car what's cheapest best?

Post  Cams 4500 Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:08 am

4WD will have a selctable low range, AWD won't.

Great wall is cheaper.
Cams 4500
Cams 4500
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2012-02-04

Back to top Go down

Best cheap awd new car what's cheapest best? Empty Yeah true great wall

Post  vic_nugget Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:34 am

But I mean cheaper good.

Jeep Cherokee won car of the year somewhere. Not sure about great wall trophies and there quality or lack of looks nasty.

vic_nugget
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2012-03-15

Back to top Go down

Best cheap awd new car what's cheapest best? Empty Re: Best cheap awd new car what's cheapest best?

Post  Harb Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:11 am

This is pretty easy........you get what you pay for...... forget car of the year stuff....its rigged by the higgest bidder

Being on this forum tells me you get out in the bush detecting, sometimes even a long way from help maybe..... and that is not a very good time to find out why your vehicle is "cheap".
I would go with a good condition low km late as possible second hand vehicle before a cheap new one any day.....for a number of reasons..... one would be parts availability etc etc
I would do a bit of research on jeeps.....they aren't that popular amongst 4wd circles, but are "cheap" so there are the odd one around.

Have you thought about a second hand Patrol or Landcruiser ? Patrols are tough as and rarely give trouble....just keep away from the 3 litre turbo diesel , but all the rest are trouble free especially the 4.2 diesel .

Toyota's are good as well, but their 4.2 litre engine is a bit gutless unless a turbo is fitted or factory installed.

The Patrol has the strongest driveline in the business and will give years of trouble free service

Good luck
Harb
Harb
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Harb Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:20 am

Dont be fooled with Jeep being made in the USA so it must be good......
They got their reputation during the war when the little willy's was roaming around, but really have done nothing since......
You see a lot around carting kids to school....but that isn't really tough work....some people even do it in commodores !!

I would get onto a 4wd forum like 4WDA (4 Wheel Drive Action ) and do a bit of poking about....... the guys on there will help you no end.

http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum

cheers

Harb
Harb
Harb
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down