Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which is the cheapest PI gold detector ?

3 posters

Go down

Which is the cheapest PI gold detector ? Empty Which is the cheapest PI gold detector ?

Post  albin888 Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:38 pm

Dear Members,

Is it possible to buy a NEW gold detector for under $2000 please ?

It seems a big price leep from VLF to PI technology.

I have eliminated the Eureka Gold with the VLF technology for Victorian conditions.

It is important to find a machine that will allow me to use the full range of ML coils from the 11" ML commander mono to the 18" nuggetfinder advantage mono coil.

Regards
Albin

albin888
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-09-25

Back to top Go down

Which is the cheapest PI gold detector ? Empty Re: Which is the cheapest PI gold detector ?

Post  Guest Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:32 pm

Howdy Albin, i think the following is fact, but am happy to be corrected if wrong,
  • ML coils are compatible with ML detectors.
    As far as I know, ML don't have a PI detector new for under $5700...anymore
    Other brand PI detectors don't use ML compatible coils.... i think they might be able to be modified for use?

You might be interested in a fisher gold bug 2/ or Pro or something else.
A detector shop could help you as you want to buy new.

good luck, Ferris.

Back to top Go down

Which is the cheapest PI gold detector ? Empty Re: Which is the cheapest PI gold detector ?

Post  Guest Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:24 pm

Here's a bit more info, yes ferris is right you won't get a new Minelab PI detector for the money you are wanting to spend, but you will get a good second hand one for around the $2000 mark, a good GPextreme is around this price.

All Minelab SD GP & GPX detctors can use the same coils, but the VFL range mostly use different coils.

There is a Whites TDI Pro (Oz series) that is a PI detector that can also use all the same coils that the Minelab PI detectors use. I don't know anything much about them only what Iv'e read. But the price is just a bit above your limit but its brand new.

Here is a link to them http://www.goldsearchaustralia.com/tdi.html

Back to top Go down

Post  albin888 Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Many thanks for your fast and interesting replies.

albin888
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:11 pm

Try a garrett infinium as a PI or else an x-terra 705 both capable for gold detecting.Naturally specific coils are available for these to target gold.Personally a used GP series in that price range would be my choice and you have a huge variety of coils to choose from.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:46 pm

G'day Albin888.

Two pulse machines i know of that can use all the current line of Minelab Commander,Coiltek or Nugget Finder coils are the Goldscan 5c,or the current Whites TDI Pro,(which is more within your price range).

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down