Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rain Rain and Rain

+6
ttrash
llanbric
mullockgrubber
hassa
Greenwell2
rc62burke
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rain Rain and Rain - Page 2 Empty Re: Rain Rain and Rain

Post  mullockgrubber Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:40 pm

Raining off and on here in the Central West, it never seems to end. Warragamba Dam is up to 92.1 per cent capacity so should it hit 100 per cent the floodgates will open causing some flooding of the Nepean River and areas in the Wollondilly Shire and Camden.
mullockgrubber
mullockgrubber
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2011-11-01

Back to top Go down

Rain Rain and Rain - Page 2 Empty oh shite

Post  rossco Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:59 pm

might need a raft or a free night's acc. have to drive to adelaide monday via mildura..second thoughts..maybe i might catch a plane hehe
rossco
rossco
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  mullockgrubber Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:14 pm

Think a plane trip may be the more restful way of doing things. As I write the ABC radio is running a special flood program with commentators from the SES and other authorities. Suggest long distance drives would best be avoided for the time being.
mullockgrubber
mullockgrubber
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Rain Rain and Rain - Page 2 Empty Rain Rain and Rain

Post  Greenwell2 Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:51 am

Hope you have some floaties for that dog HASSA Very Happy

Last edited by Greenwell2 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : left a name out)
Greenwell2
Greenwell2
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2011-11-25

Back to top Go down

Post  mullockgrubber Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:18 pm

The Mitchell Hwy on the eastern side of Bathurst will be closed later this afternoon and may be closed for 24 hrs according to the SES. At the moment only one lane each way is open. Traffic was banked up for 5 kms east of Raglan. My workplace closed before midday so as to allow employees to get home. Rural schoolchildren were sent home mid morning due to concerns of flooding of local creeks.

More rain is still to come over the weekend so guess the best thing to do is stay at home and avoid any travel.
mullockgrubber
mullockgrubber
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Rain Rain and Rain - Page 2 Empty Re-Rain Rain And Rain

Post  Guest Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:21 pm

Hi guys have heard that this weather is going to last for best part of this month Mad Sad not to good for getting out for swing. Feel very sorry for all those people with flood troubles not looking to bright.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  sidneymelbs Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:24 pm

it started raining last sunday and hasnt stopped thats 6 days of solid fall weve had a couple of half to one hr breaks and its ment to continue for another few days minimum , ive seen forcasts and it looks like we will only get three days of sunshine this whole month!!!!!! a propectors dream ,my mate who i go out with are rubbing our hands with anticipation of all the flooded regions within close proximity ,we are in canberra and the mind bogles at the vast amount of spots to go too first yeeeeuuuuwwww 1 in a lifetime event the stuff dreams are made of . Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
sidneymelbs
sidneymelbs
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2012-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post  sidneymelbs Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:50 pm

hey mike maybee no good for swinging unless u have a wet feature on your detector but awesome for sluicing and panning when the waters drop,and hopefully no lives are lost
sidneymelbs
sidneymelbs
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Rain Rain and Rain - Page 2 Empty Re- Rain Rain And Rain

Post  Guest Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Hi SydneyMelbs yes I know what you mean started off as a young fella panning. Hope you do get onto some good color when you get back out there.

Cheers
Mike.

Back to top Go down

Rain Rain and Rain - Page 2 Empty Rain rain and rain

Post  Guest Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:32 pm

Hey someday,
You can stop doing your rain dance now. lol!
Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  sidneymelbs Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:36 pm

i put me didge down two days ago, washed me face paint off and put me clothes back on lol
sidneymelbs
sidneymelbs
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  mullockgrubber Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:32 pm

Finally its stopped raining here and looking at bom radar the rain appears to have gone south, at least for the moment. If it stays away there might be a bit of panning and sluicing going on once the creeks run down a bit.
mullockgrubber
mullockgrubber
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  mullockgrubber Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:11 am

Wow, awoke to blue sky and can hardly wait for the sun to rise. Very Happy Time to get the mower out for the rampart lawns.

Hope those who had to leave their homes due to floodwaters can now return.

Last edited by mullockgrubber on Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional)
mullockgrubber
mullockgrubber
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:39 am

Well we are starting to get "BLUE SKYS Very Happy " in Maryborough, but I don't know for how long though:roll:

wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  vasilis Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:58 am

Hi Wombat I saw that Maryborough had 4 mm of rain on sat so have postponed our trip until tomorrow. Is it a bit messy out there to prospect at the moment? Hope you can give me an update on conditions. Cheers Bill
vasilis
vasilis
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Rain Rain and Rain - Page 2 Empty Rain Rain and Rain

Post  Greenwell2 Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:03 pm

After my attempts at humour earlier in this post, Karma has come and bit me on the dangly bits....it is ( to put politely ) heavily raining in Devonport and has been all night.
Greenwell2
Greenwell2
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2011-11-25

Back to top Go down

Rain Rain and Rain - Page 2 Empty Cotter Dam

Post  Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:11 pm

Cotter Dam overflowing unfinished Dam wall upgrade.. Yikes thats heaps of water..

Rain Rain and Rain - Page 2 Cotter10

Webcam >> Here

Back to top Go down

Rain Rain and Rain - Page 2 Empty Re- Rain Rain And Rain

Post  Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:08 pm

Gees wonder how much of their gear would have washed away hair raising stuff, good vid that and thanks for sharing it with us all.

Cheers
Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  mullockgrubber Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:25 pm

Thanks for the video, that is a completely awesome volume of water going over the wall.

Started to drizzle a bit here again, enjoyed the sun whilst it lasted although much of the time was running about with the mower.

Had a quick squiz at some of the creeks in Sunny Corner forest, they are still flowing well and alas the rain still has not gone away so think it will be a while before the sluicers and panners can get onto the job. Crying or Very sad
mullockgrubber
mullockgrubber
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:39 pm

vasilis wrote:Hi Wombat I saw that Maryborough had 4 mm of rain on sat so have postponed our trip until tomorrow. Is it a bit messy out there to prospect at the moment? Hope you can give me an update on conditions. Cheers Bill

Hi Vasilis , Yes it rained most of Saturday night but here is the weather forecast for the next few days, Monday 23C. with possible late showers, Tue 22C. with possible late showers, Wed. 24C. and sunny, Thur 25C and sunny. Fri 26C and mostly sunny. Sat. 27C. increasing sunshine. Right now we have sunshine with a few clouds and 21.8C (5.30pm) It seems to be clearing up, up here at the moment.
But if you know what the weather mobs is like they get it wrong more times than right so don't hold me to this.

Wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:44 pm

Hi Wombat,

Next week the GT weather looks ok... Very Happy Should I try for an RDO I ask myself... Laughing

Cheers
A

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:05 pm

Do or do not, there's is no try! Sorry about that Very Happy No I'm not a starwars fan. If your ducks are in order, Just do it!

Back to top Go down

Post  vasilis Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:38 pm

Thanks for the update Wombat. I asked because there is nothing better than a report from people on site. I will be around Paddies area with a few forum friends from Mon to Wed so hope I bump into you out there. If you see a white van please say hello.
Floods bring disaster once again and I know from personal experience when I crossed the Magella Creek in Kakadu during the wet season how dangerous it can be. As we watched the sun set on the escarpment the rain was falling heavily about 50 km away. Thunder and lightning was cracking all around and a run to the 4 wheel drive to seek shelter back at Jabiru. I had to be calm and drive slowly because the creek became a lake during the previous hour of rain and now hit the 1 meter mark. The road was gone so had to follow the markers on the edge of the road.Now darkness sets in and yet to finish the crossing. My heart pounding and the Nissan coughing as we inched our way through the gushing flood. Some of you may know that the Magella creek is also full of crocodiles so a night on top of the roof was not in the plan. A possible tragedy for me and my passengers so a word of warning for those who love sunsets in the wet. I must add if I did not force these people to get their asses moving I think we would have ended up stranded in the middle of crocodile country.
cheers Vasilis
vasilis
vasilis
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:36 pm

Vasilis if you are going to the Paddy's Ranges area make sure you are in the prospecting area otherwise the Rangers will be on to you. Check up on the Maryborough Map by John Tully it shows you where or see the Rangers at Maryborough. Were about are you staying??

wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  vasilis Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:57 pm

Thanks Wombat. Will check out all the details. Also sent you a PM. Cheers
vasilis
vasilis
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down