Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GPX5000 What is included in the box

2 posters

Go down

GPX5000 What is included in the box Empty GPX5000 What is included in the box

Post  waznme Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:51 pm

G'Day

I am getting closer to magic day when I will get a 5000.

What is included in the box from Minelab other than the detector?

Earphones?? Battery Pack?? Cover??? BackPack???

I have seen prices of roughly $6600. Is that about it or do they haggle at all.

Thanks for any help here.

Waz
waznme
waznme
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

GPX5000 What is included in the box Empty Re: GPX5000 What is included in the box

Post  Guest Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:58 am

Waznme Hi mate and Happy New Year to you. You will get the control box, telescopic shaft, arm rest & padding, 2 coils 11" mono & 11" DD, back pack, 1 battery, rubbish bag, tape straps to hold the leads to the shafts, mounting clips and all the screws, opperating manual, 2 charges :- 1 for your car & 1 - 240v home charger. and ask for the carry bag Minelab may still have them as a promo. You can haggle the price down I was offered $6300 to buy mine but I'm sure you can get it cheeper than that. Shop around most will do free post anywere in Australia. I hope this helps.

Wombat Wink

PS Sorry Waz I forgot to mention head phones by Koss and a bungy cord.

Last edited by Wombat on Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

GPX5000 What is included in the box Empty Re: GPX5000 What is included in the box

Post  waznme Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:04 pm

G'Day Wombat,

Thanks for that. Exactly what I wanted to know.

I am thinking of getting a 14" X 9" NFA Coil as well. And an external speaker.

Anything else that is glaringly obvious that I should have???

Waz

waznme
waznme
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  sigron Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:38 pm

A pick . Smile Smile Smile

sigron
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  waznme Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:57 pm

sigron wrote:A pick . Smile Smile Smile

G'Day,

Yeah, I have a couple of homemade picks. I am a cow-cocky and have some old plough discs which I cut into the triangular shape and welded on a piece of pipe to take a handle.

Do you get a pair of earphones now? I never used them anyway, prefer the speaker.

Waz

waznme
waznme
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

GPX5000 What is included in the box Empty cover

Post  Guest Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:28 pm

haggle for a control box cover ,your investment be scratched to hell in no time otherwise), and hook the lead out back of control box through one of the velcro straps of the cover and it will save your lead, as the constant swinging ruins the end joints, which are dam expensive ,,run a weld of hard facing on the pick thats what a lot of the bought picks are made of anyway (plough discs).get a plastic stockfeed scoop for running over the coil with your diggings .some just grab it in their hands and run it over coils, but due to 1 too many superbike crashes i cant . hands set it off .scoops much easier noisy hands or not.i sourced a male clip and tied scoop to it and clip it on the spare on the minelab harness.happy hunting.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:32 pm

waznme I have 14 X 9 NFA coil and it go's well with the 5000 found some nice gold with it and it is easy to pin point with it as well. Definatly get your self a plastic scoop, like a poopper scoop you can get from Coles or Safeway in the pet section works well and it is cheap. A lot better than using your hand to wave the dirt over your coil. A little plastic screw top container to put all your good targets in. Shoes or Boots without metal in them !!! "A most"
2way radio to keep in contact with any mates that you may go out detecting with, just in case anything go's wrong, snake bite, fall down a hole, report a find,ect.
Wombat Wink

Back to top Go down