Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cuukoo Tones on GPX 5000

Go down

Cuukoo Tones on GPX 5000 Empty Cuukoo Tones on GPX 5000

Post  rrene70 Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:51 pm

Ok

I am becoming very frustrated.
Can someone please explain to me the different tones the 5000 generates. I understand the hi-low, low-hi tones, but what about the cuukoo tone. I have been detecting in Heathcote and in the Whipstick at Bendigo the last six months and have found that every time I get a cuukoo tone it always tends to be hot ground. Initially this sound sounds quiet cetralized but after I run my magnet over the ground it gets covered in rocks immediatley. I soon find the signal starts to spread everywhere and after a bit more digging eventually give up in frustration. I have come to realise that whenever I hear this noise to just keep going and forget it. I know a lot of people say "dig everything " and I used to, but unless someone can tell me otherwise I won't be.
Please Help

For the sake of it, i use an 11" mono, special fine gold, rx 8, stabilizer 10.

Cheers

rrene70
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-01-28

Back to top Go down

Cuukoo Tones on GPX 5000 Empty Re: Cuukoo Tones on GPX 5000

Post  Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:32 pm

mate when you get this cuukoo noise have you tried changing the manual tune to a different frequency ?
dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:07 pm

G'day Rrene &< Mo McCacckey?> why not list your total settings you use front and back and do you auto tune or manual tune and adjust...I have been using my 5000 around Heathcote for 12 months with noCuckkoo sounds..I ground balance every 10 yards or so and run in fixed..are you in tracking on front panel or fixed....Heathcote can be pretty ticky mineralised ground in some parts I must admit, but your 5000 if tuned correctly and it is running correctly will run with beautiful light stable constant faintesh <is that a word?> buzzing bee sound...do you use exterior speakers or headphones...if your a bit hearing senior challenged like me I run audio bit less than 50 <say 48> most of the young bucks with good hearing about 60/65 I believe...so many variables...I am now detecting the Whipstick with no real problems....I always run between 125 to 135 manual tune and fine adjustment either side of say 130 usually does the trick.<less would be great if you can>..smooth as a baby's bum..when or if you auto tune do you lay it on the ground with coil out and dont touch it until it auto tunes.<unlike the manual states I lay it in the direction of least interference>..you will usually find the numbers right up there in the 220's 230s ++....
Q: Why would you run a stabilizer setting <filter setting> higher than your RX?..I have never seen that..I do know there are many and varied opinions on how high or low the Stabilizer should be but they are usually less than the RX....some run RX right up there and others say 10 with stabilise at 8...some stabilise down to 6 <but never less than 5>...dont know if all this helps its just what I have worked out personally for me,in both the areas relating to your question..Kingower is the worst interference area I have encountered to date in the Triangle,followed possibly by some areas in the Argyle,& One Eye, Heathcote and a bit in Tarnagulla.......Hoo Roo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:18 pm

....sooooo did Rrene disappear up his own Cuckoo?..or flown the nest......neednt have wasted my time taking his question seriously....Hoo Roo

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum