Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beach finds.Lost & Found.(Reward)

Go down

Beach finds.Lost & Found.(Reward) Empty Beach finds.Lost & Found.(Reward)

Post  Guest Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:01 am

Hi Jeffgold just wondering if its a good idea to have a lost and found heading on your forum,People loosing jewelery on the beaches and of course a reward Shocked

Back to top Go down

Beach finds.Lost & Found.(Reward) Empty Re: Beach finds.Lost & Found.(Reward)

Post  davsgold Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:19 am

G'day billy

Did you have some stuff you need to find owners for. Very Happy

"Last year on the beach with my mate and my kids i got about $1400.00 in coins + rings.And at least you can go for a swim later .."

cheers dave
davsgold
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 6188
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://www.x-coils.com/

Back to top Go down

Beach finds.Lost & Found.(Reward) Empty beach detecting

Post  Guest Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:28 am

Hi davsgold just wondering what to do with the jewellery you find on the beach it must belong to someone,it will be great to have a heading on prospectors forum for lost and found.

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:25 am

G'day Billy

I think that if you find something valuable, whether its on the beach with a detector on in a park you need to hand it in to the police (makesure you get a receipt) wait 3 months and if nobody claims it then its yours.

Really old jewellery and coins, well I don't think your ever going to find the owner.

Also the cheap bits of jewellery, unless someone puts a lost this object sign up then i don't think there is much use looking for its owner.

I don't think we need a special section for lost & found. There has been a couple of requests on here for help to find lost jewellery and someone is always ther ready to help.

cheers dave
davsgold
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 6188
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://www.x-coils.com/

Back to top Go down

Beach finds.Lost & Found.(Reward) Empty RETURN

Post  charcoal_chaser Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:50 pm

Found a beaut 18crt mans gold wedding band in 2008 engraved with name/date married 2007 , would love to return it but very unlikley. just sits in the top draw

charcoal_chaser
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2011-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:39 am

charcoal_chaser wrote:Found a beaut 18crt mans gold wedding band in 2008 engraved with name/date married 2007 , would love to return it but very unlikley. just sits in the top draw

Gday

Some local news papers run free adds for lost and found items, might be worth a call and see if the paper in your area does this.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Beach finds.Lost & Found.(Reward) Empty Newspaper

Post  charcoal_chaser Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:41 am

Just did that with a gold and silver wedding band their names Robert and loretta enscribed , paper ran the add in lost and found for two weeks for free still no contact , it really is a long shot when you take all the variables into account , things like do they know were they lost it , when , do they live local , maybe from OS , I like to try though . Wandwaver

charcoal_chaser
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2011-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:08 pm

charcoal_chaser wrote:Found a beaut 18crt mans gold wedding band in 2008 engraved with name/date married 2007 , would love to return it but very unlikley. just sits in the top draw

If it has a name and a date married then it should not be too difficult to locate the owner if they were married in Australia.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum