Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Checking Property

5 posters

Go down

Checking Property Empty Checking Property

Post  Deez Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:46 pm

Gday everyone. My name is Dion but most people call me Deez. Im new to the gold hobby but im learning and enjoying every minute of it. Ive have gotten alot of very usefull information off this forum and hopefully in time il be able to help some people out with some info on the subject. Ive also watched alot of youtube vids and love watching people pull the yellow out of the ground. Watched a great youtube vid on gold indicators and thought that was amazing. Myself and my wife have a nice size property right in the golden triangle and with the help of stoppsy have had a look around and found alot of dirty looking quartz and often found broken pieces of quartz still attached to ironstone and you can see that the quartz was a reef in the iron stone. also have heaps of slate reefs running out of the ground and also ironstone reefs with quartz viens in them. Found the other day also running inline with a ironstone reef a quartz reef which has popped out of the ground about 20 feet away from where the ironstone reef is out of the ground. the ground allso has a fair few under ground creeks running in various places through out the property and most of the property is very hilly with lots of slight and steep gullys. Hopefully soon with stoppsy id like to do some test holes and see what is there. Also just wondering if any of you members think that this could be a place worth a try.

Deez
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Checking Property Empty Re: Checking Property

Post  Guest Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:54 pm

hey mate good to see you on line awesome mate. i think after doing a few test holes and panning them there should be colour in there it's just finding it..
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  piston broke Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:57 pm

Hi Deez, welcome to the site buddy. Your property seems to have all the right ingredients. Is there any evidence of old workings at all? Cheers Pete.
piston broke
piston broke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1633
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  TheGoldenChild Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:01 pm

Go to http://mapshare2.dse.vic.gov.au/MapShare2EXT/imf.jsp?site=geovic.
Zoom in on your property on the map, plug in some LAYERS eg: Leads and Workings, Lines and Faults Details etc.
This will give you a good hint where to start looking for gold on your property.
TheGoldenChild
TheGoldenChild
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2010-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:03 pm

Hi Deez,
and welcome to the forum.
You cant go wrong with Stoppsy.He will find nuggets in your veggie garden.
Wish you good luck and happy digging.
See you around the goldfields one day. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:06 pm

golden wrote:Hi Deez,
and welcome to the forum.
You cant go wrong with Stoppsy.He will find nuggets in your veggie garden.
Wish you good luck and happy digging.
See you around the goldfields one day. Very Happy
lol! golden i hope i don't find the wrong nuggets in the garden... i hope deez comes the big weekend to meet some of you guys
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:10 pm

Welcome to the site Deez. You could not ask for a better bloke to check out your property. By the sound of it, it could have protential, But remember not all areas with iron stone and quartz around were Gold bearing, but Stoppsy will be able to check that out. Good luck mate and welcome again.
Wombat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:22 pm

You say you have a lot of steep gully's on your property! You have 60ish years of erosion on your side! Make a map and number the gully's, take dirt samples from the bottom of each gully and number them according to your map! Back in your comfort zone pan the samples! Saves a lot of leg work?
Good luck.
Cheers Chris.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:23 am

G'day Deez, and like all the others say welcome to the forum m8, and good luck with your quest for gold.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  gcause Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:23 am

Welcome to the forum!!! Very Happy
gcause
gcause
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2011-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Deez Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:52 pm

Id just like to say a big thank you for all your ideas and all your welcomes to tis forum. I think i have unearthed a passion in me that id didnt know exsisted. Once again thank you all.

Deez
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  chopppacalamari Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:42 pm

Cheers Dees,

Welcome to the forum. Your property sounds very exciting. I hope you find a few patches on it.
Good luck

Dicko..
chopppacalamari
chopppacalamari
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Deez Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:43 pm

Gday people. Dug a test hole on the property today with a mate and we panned it out and found 2 small pieces of gold. Was stoked as. got a few more test buckets from some other test holes so might sit down tonight and pan some more. Hope to meet a few off here tommorrow at the get together. Cheers.

Deez
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down