Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

checking your hole for further nuggets

+3
GoldstalkerGPX
kevlorraine2
Detrackozi
7 posters

Go down

checking your hole for further nuggets Empty checking your hole for further nuggets

Post  kevlorraine2 Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:32 pm

i had the pleasure of learning something new recently when testing your hole for a possible second nugget.

i had just dug a 2.2grammer down about 15 inches, and as the 14x13 coil of the gpz7000 dictates a large hole to be dug, i had no trouble lowering the coil in the hole which was about 20 inches round at the top. no further target signal was heard.

i then had a light bulb moment, tilted the z coil VERTICAL and moved it around the sides of the big hole. BINGO i discovered a small subgrammer in the wall half way down, that i obviously couldnt hear from the surface.

first time this has happened to me, anybody else had this pleasure?... kev

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

checking your hole for further nuggets Empty Re: checking your hole for further nuggets

Post  Detrackozi Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:45 pm

Kev

I once came across five detector holes not filled in and out of the five three of them had a target and the biggest nugget left in there was 2.7 grams. So thank you out there.
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

checking your hole for further nuggets Empty Re: checking your hole for further nuggets

Post  kevlorraine2 Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:52 pm

Shocked wow, holes already dug and nuggets just awaiting to be picked up, must of been your lucky day

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:53 pm

I have detected a second nugget in a hole I have dug before and had the pleasure of finding gold in holes left open by others a couple of times, pays to do your job properly
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  chris68 Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:06 pm

Just recently I got a nice drop tone with a tingle on the end of the signal with the 7000, I dug down about a foot and a half, and one target was out in the pile it was a long shape 2 grammer, and the larger signal still in the hole, I dug a further half a foot, a total depth of 2 feet and pulled out a 8 grammer.

chris68
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gold Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:10 pm

This happened to me recently and managed to catch it on film. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiJT10WDdPo
Jay Gold
Jay Gold
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2015-03-02

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeIyXg5rKxtrVNJPEM7FAgw

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:30 pm

I found my first bit with the Zed in someone else's scraping. I was hoping this information didn't get out yet, but yes, I now actively look for other peoples unfilled holes. The Zed just sniffs out things that other machines have dismissed as iffy. Can we keep it to ourselves?   Twisted Evil
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:51 pm

Yes Harry, loose lips sinks ships. Laughing keep it to ourselves all right, tell no one. Laughing

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  welcome stranger Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:52 pm

I recently had a patch invader so I left him to it, came back 3 days later and found all his hole not filled in Twisted Evil Twisted Evil I thought I would do the right thing and fill them in as I detected, to my surprise I found at least ten small nuggets left behind and I didn't have to dig. I scored at least 100 more bits after he left. Very Happy

welcome stranger
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2014-01-24

Back to top Go down