Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GP3000 - info on Lucky Lark Battery and Coil

4 posters

Go down

GP3000 - info on Lucky Lark Battery and Coil Empty GP3000 - info on Lucky Lark Battery and Coil

Post  reg Fri May 29, 2009 7:09 pm

gooday everyone..i am hoping someone will help a new chum out,just bought my first detector a gp3000 but i need a bit of info. first of all it came with a lucky lark battery pack with audio amplifier but no instructions maybe someone out there can enlighten me a lttle bit ? also the detector manual says install coil with 2 tear drop washers are they flat fibre washers and do they go between the coil mounting bracket and the shaft, last off all is there any set length between coil and your feet as i am 6ft tall and it just seem a bit short. hopeing someone can help.

cheers reg
reg
reg
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Back to top Go down

GP3000 - info on Lucky Lark Battery and Coil Empty Re: GP3000 - info on Lucky Lark Battery and Coil

Post  Guest Fri May 29, 2009 9:44 pm

hi
mate, the bit about it being too short , i have the same prob.there is no set length for a shaft,it`s what you are comfortable with.you can get after market lower shafts that are longer.i know coiltek make a lower shaft thats about 6" longer than the minelab lower shaft. i have read that you can get an all fibreglass shaft. maybe you can get one of those thats heaps long.     i met a guy in vic a few years ago that made a shaft out of a broom handle.  i made one , and it works fine,and its plenty long enough.
  i`ve got a 3000,i know nothing about that  battery of yours,but yeh,those washers go between the coil and the shaft.
     good luck with the gold
           cheers

Last edited by day one on Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

GP3000 - info on Lucky Lark Battery and Coil Empty Re: GP3000 - info on Lucky Lark Battery and Coil

Post  Inhere Fri May 29, 2009 10:03 pm

G'day Reg, I just wrote this for another guy on another forum.

Ok I don't own a Lucky Lark, so here goes. I think you just connect the L Lark battery and use it the same as the lead acid battery.

With the coiltek li ion setup, you have to turn the detector on at the control box and then turn the switch on at the battery set up,
because If you turn on the power at the battery AND then the control box, a safety switch in the battery will shut the power down.

You have to put the battery back on the charger for a while to reset the safety switch.

I don't think you need to do this with the L LARK, I think,Just turn it on as normal.

Best way to find out how the amp works, is just plug the phones in and try it.

I think the amp is OK, if you want to use a speaker, you can buy one from GME, you may need to get an adaptor up to the right sized plug.
You can also get a speaker from Trackline detectors in Bendigo for about $45 with the right plug.

Hope this helps!
Inhere
Inhere
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 941
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Beer Beeper Sun May 31, 2009 7:57 am

Reg, you can contact Reeds, the maker of the Lucky Lark for more info or instructions sent to you:
http://www.reedsprospecting.com.au/contact.htm

"first of all it came with a lucky lark battery pack with audio amplifier but no instructions maybe someone out there can enlighten me a lttle bit ?"
http://www.reedsprospecting.com.au/accessories4.htm
http://www.reedsprospecting.com.au/news2.htm

I have a 3000 too:
GP 3000 settings?
https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/general-discussion-f1/gp-3000-settings-t623.htm

Beer Beeper
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Back to top Go down

GP3000 - info on Lucky Lark Battery and Coil Empty thanks

Post  reg Sun May 31, 2009 7:01 pm

thanks a heap fellas much appreciated for the info

cheers reg
reg
reg
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Bushed-Tracker Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:39 pm

Fantastic battery and booster - been using one for 4 years. Very reliable, light and runs all day. I run my 2200D at 7.3 volts and this works well. It using head phones don't run the audio boost to high - set for a quiet background and set it in conjunctoion with the threshold knob to give you the best stability. Together with current model coils its a great set-up

B-T
Bushed-Tracker
Bushed-Tracker
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down