Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lucky Lark battery - thoughts on?

3 posters

Go down

Lucky Lark battery - thoughts on? Empty Lucky Lark battery - thoughts on?

Post  Guest Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:38 pm

Just thinking about getting a backup battery and saw one that belonged to someone out in the field last year. Any ideas on where i could pick up one of these, price range and in fact if they are worth buying?

Back to top Go down

Lucky Lark battery - thoughts on? Empty Re: Lucky Lark battery - thoughts on?

Post  the speciman Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:50 pm

GDAY SUZZ
how ya goin mate?
lucky larks are a good battery they hang on to there max power to the very end and then just die (8-12hrs) you cant interchange them between 35s and 45s 35s have 4 pins 45s have 5 pins they cost around 400-450$ and you cant over charge them!!
and so light
good scratchin
cheers the speciman

the speciman
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2010-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Bullet Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:25 am

Now I'm curious, wears gloves and looks like there are long finger nails and uses a sissy scoop instead of gettin dirt on the hands, who is "ilovethe" ?
Here I go again, mouth worked before the beer did Very Happy
Bullet
Bullet
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:44 pm

Bullet wrote:Now I'm curious, wears gloves and looks like there are long finger nails and uses a sissy scoop instead of gettin dirt on the hands, who is "ilovethe" ?

Some wear gloves on freezing days and others use them to prevent 6 to 10 hours of sunshine on the back of their hands.

On topic both of reeds batteries are good. the little green one is a good back-up.
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Bullet Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:38 pm

I'll try quit while I'm ahead (thats a hopeless task) if it's cold, then wear gloves but when ya diggin in dirt I can't see the sense in wearing them unless ya want to keep ya hands soft and almost clean. Can't help on the lark battery, I don't use one.
Bullet
Bullet
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:40 am

Bullet wrote:Now I'm curious, wears gloves and looks like there are long finger nails and uses a sissy scoop instead of gettin dirt on the hands, who is "ilovethe" ?

OK, game's up Bullet, I give in - I'm a girl, silly! We have been known to do the odd bit of detecting from time to time. Don't hold the mittens against me, they are good sun protection and a girl has to be colour co-ordinated with her scoop Smile
Truth is I picked them up at an op shop and don't lose them in the bush 'cause they're nice and bright Basketball

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:41 am

the speciman wrote:GDAY SUZZ
how ya goin mate?
lucky larks are a good battery they hang on to there max power to the very end and then just die (8-12hrs) you cant interchange them between 35s and 45s 35s have 4 pins 45s have 5 pins they cost around 400-450$ and you cant over charge them!!
and so light
good scratchin
cheers the speciman

Hey Speci, thanx for the great info. May go to one of those instead of my ML one, sounds really good bounce

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:44 am

geof_junk wrote:

Some wear gloves on freezing days and others use them to prevent 6 to 10 hours of sunshine on the back of their hands.

On topic both of reeds batteries are good. the little green one is a good back-up.

Thanx for the moral support Geof, am calling into Reeds next week, so will check them out Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bullet Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:06 am

G'day
I hope you didn't take it the wrong way, I just found the colourful gloves fascinating. As long as you find the good stuff, it doesn't matter what ya wear, ain't that true.

cheers
bullet
Bullet
Bullet
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:31 am

Bullet wrote:G'day
I hope you didn't take it the wrong way, I just found the colourful gloves fascinating. As long as you find the good stuff, it doesn't matter what ya wear, ain't that true.

cheers
bullet

As true as it'll ever get Bullet, no offence taken. They've actually become my 'lucky' gloves in a way. When I get a nugget I throw one of them off (like Lynchie from the West Coast Eagles going for shot at goal) and get my hands dirty 'cause I do love the red dirt more than the gloves...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:35 am

Gday iluvthebush

The lucky lark batteries seem fairly popular, but I cant remember if they have an inbuilt booster or not, I seem to recall Berndt telling me that they did, but I just bought a second minelab one simply because it uses the same charger, the price of both the minelab one and the lucky lark one are similar anyway.

By the way iluvthebush did you get up to Karratha recently? remeber you saying that you were off up that way soon.

cheers

Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:17 am

I think you'll find they don't make the "Little Beauty" any more. I had on for several months but got rid of it due to it not holding charge for more than a couple of hours.
I know the Lark is lighter than the ML battery but, apart from that, why would you spend about the same amount of money on a battery that probably won't last as long as the genuine article.
Btw, a lot of folks also use the coiltek battery system. It may be worth checking that out.

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:54 am

stayyerAU wrote:Gday iluvthebush

The lucky lark batteries seem fairly popular, but I cant remember if they have an inbuilt booster or not, I seem to recall Berndt telling me that they did, but I just bought a second minelab one simply because it uses the same charger, the price of both the minelab one and the lucky lark one are similar anyway.

By the way iluvthebush did you get up to Karratha recently? remeber you saying that you were off up that way soon.

cheers

Bruce
Thanx Bruce, yes will have to do some more nutting out about this. Was planning on going to Karratha, yes, but situation has changed here (daughter coming over to visit from NYC), so will have to put it off for the time being. Am going out for 10 days next week with a couple of people on the forum, so happy, happy, happy at the moment sunny

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:56 am

Goldnomad wrote:I think you'll find they don't make the "Little Beauty" any more. I had on for several months but got rid of it due to it not holding charge for more than a couple of hours.
I know the Lark is lighter than the ML battery but, apart from that, why would you spend about the same amount of money on a battery that probably won't last as long as the genuine article.
Btw, a lot of folks also use the coiltek battery system. It may be worth checking that out.

Robert
Thanx Robert, point taken, will have a bit of a think about which way to go......Suz

Back to top Go down