Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lal lal and mt doran area

4 posters

Go down

lal lal and mt doran area Empty lal lal and mt doran area

Post  butterbox Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:34 pm

there are mines in the lal lal and mt doran area are these places worth looking.

butterbox
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Back to top Go down

lal lal and mt doran area Empty Re: lal lal and mt doran area

Post  Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:44 pm

Last edited by fencejumper on Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pointless)

Back to top Go down

Post  big fella Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:27 am

G'Day
From what i was told by locals there are a lot of iron ore mines in the area
Tom.
big fella
big fella
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 550
Registration date : 2011-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post  goldendream Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:07 am

Gday Butterbox.Yes there is a gold belt that extends down to that area and even further south to Steiglitz and Dereel.Dollys Creek area is a well known auriferous area.Dollys creek has reasonably easy, pannable gold and I have heard of gold coming from all those creeks around Dereel and Einfeld. Get yourself a copy of Stephen Barnham's prospecting book called Stray Places.In it he has a good section on Mt Doran.Also Stephen has a book called Ballarat District Gold Panning which has sections on Dollys Creek,Einfeld and Steiglitz.Hope that's of some help....Cheers ,Trevor.

goldendream
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2010-10-08

Back to top Go down

lal lal and mt doran area Empty lal lal an mt doran

Post  Guest Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:07 am

hay butterbox ,i prospect around dollys creek area ,it gets hit faily hard i think or has in the past ,the guys ive seen out there panning have always got a bit of gold ,i got a good speciman 8.9gm from around there but have spent many more hours with no gold though .there is plenty of diggings from dolly creek back to lal lal all through the bush prob need a 4x4 .if you can get on to private propety that would be a great advantage as i know thats were alot of the gold comes from ,i was talking to a guy last week whos mate got over 10oz in 1 day.im in ballarat and if you want to meet up and head out detecting at some stage let me know .cheers

Back to top Go down

lal lal and mt doran area Empty lal lal mt doran

Post  tirp56 Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:05 pm

hi butterbox there is a lot of small gold to be found if you are prepared to put up with the crap and rubbish,but in saying that dig everything because you just dont know whats under the ground.my best piece is 5.1gm which was in amongst a lot of old rusty bits of tin.mt doran is a funny place because it has a lot of hot ground and plenty of hot rocks to keep you on your toes cheers al

tirp56
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down