Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Virgin detector area in the Rushworth area.

2 posters

Go down

Virgin detector area in the Rushworth area. Empty Virgin detector area in the Rushworth area.

Post  Brickie Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:52 pm

Virgin detector area in the Rushworth area.

I was out getting firewood today around the Whroo area and came across a virgin non detected area, well it seems virgin as there are no detector holes to be seen (apart from my two).
The ground was hot with signals and my Explorer II ignored them running in dis mode, there has been lots of activity in the past with holes everywhere.

I was taken aback at the lack of detector holes to be honest.
The area would be good for panning too if there was water, I panned a few holes and got specks.

PM me if you want the GPS coords, I wont put them here for all and sundry to see.
Brickie
Brickie
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2011-08-05

Back to top Go down

Virgin detector area in the Rushworth area. Empty Re: Virgin detector area in the Rushworth area.

Post  Brickie Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:57 pm

Hmmm... scratch

My router crashed as I posted, now there are two of the same post..... Suspect
Brickie
Brickie
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Virgin detector area in the Rushworth area. Empty Re: Virgin detector area in the Rushworth area.

Post  Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:07 pm

I wouldn't mind the Co-ords to where you are able to get firewood in that area as its all State Forrest and signs everywhere..or does Fine for Firewood mean its fine to gather it?...
Do you mean their are no old diggings in that area or just not fresh detector holes?....I've done both sides from Graytown side down Whroo/Rushworth Road and there are many areas that have not had recent detector activity but plenty of past activity..looks like The Somme in most areas...just like Whroo...tons of rubbish too.Hoo Roo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brickie Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:53 pm

larry303 wrote:I wouldn't mind the Co-ords to where you are able to get firewood in that area

http://www.dse.vic.gov.au/forests/firewood/collection-areas

http://www.dse.vic.gov.au/forests/firewood
Brickie
Brickie
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:02 pm

Brickie wrote:Hmmm... scratch

My router crashed as I posted, now there are two of the same post..... Suspect

I just removed the double up. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brickie Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:10 pm

davsgold wrote:

I just removed the double up. Smile

Ta..
Brickie
Brickie
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  hotrock Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:07 am

maybe they did the right thing and filled in all their holes after they took all the gold in the area Mad

hotrock
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2011-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Brickie Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:17 am

hotrock wrote:maybe they did the right thing and filled in all their holes after they took all the gold in the area Mad

Thats funny.... lol!
Brickie
Brickie
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down