Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Q: Has anyone changed the rubber on their 5000 Quick-Trak button handle?

+2
hoolahoopa
Narrawa
6 posters

Go down

Q: Has anyone changed the rubber on their 5000 Quick-Trak button handle? Empty Q: Has anyone changed the rubber on their 5000 Quick-Trak button handle?

Post  Guest Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:20 pm

Q: Are there any tricks to changing the rubber on the quick-trak button handle on my 5000? I have the new rubber and was wondering how the handle strap top is removed to allow insertion. Thanks for any help you can give.

Back to top Go down

Q: Has anyone changed the rubber on their 5000 Quick-Trak button handle? Empty Re: Q: Has anyone changed the rubber on their 5000 Quick-Trak button handle?

Post  Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:54 am

larry303,

I have replaced a few on my 4500 ( I assume the 5000 is the same).. Can be done with patience Wink

Its a little fiddly and takes a little upward thumb pressure. This is how I manipulated the "Foam grip retainer" from the quick track handle..

You sort off push the retainer down, angle it ,then push it up to thumb side then up then with upward thumb pressure flick it off..

Sorry about the blurry pic but you will get the idea of finger/thumb positioning..

Good Luck
A

Q: Has anyone changed the rubber on their 5000 Quick-Trak button handle? Img_3212

Back to top Go down

Q: Has anyone changed the rubber on their 5000 Quick-Trak button handle? Empty Re: Q: Has anyone changed the rubber on their 5000 Quick-Trak button handle?

Post  Narrawa Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:19 pm

Pushbike hand grips are the same thing, but they come in many colors so you can spice up your ride. Very Happy
I go through them like a dinner at mackas.
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:27 pm

ARARAT wrote:
You sort off push the retainer down, angle it ,then push it up to thumb side then up then with upward thumb pressure flick it off..

Just to add - Minelab knew of the issue with the 4500 Quick Track Button being easily being damaged due to it protruding out bit to far..

Hmmmmm if ya knock that green button off its gonna cost ya sooo be careful

They extended a shroud around the button on the 5000 for better protection..

A

Back to top Go down

Post  hoolahoopa Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:47 pm

ARARAT wrote:
ARARAT wrote:

Just to add - Minelab knew of the issue with the 4500 Quick Track Button being easily being damaged due to it protruding out bit to far..

Hmmmmm if ya knock that green button off its gonna cost ya sooo be careful

They extended a shroud around the button on the 5000 for better protection..

A
If you do accidently do this give the fellas a call at minelab and talk to them really nicely and they may just be able to help you out with just the green button if you lose it. I lost mine out bush one day and they sent me a couple replacements for zilch bit of superglue and she was like brand new.
cheers hoolahoopa

hoolahoopa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post  nuggets Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:56 am

I have had the green button on my 4500 fall off twice now. I found the supplier of the 4500 and minelab very helpful in getting the button replaced on both occassions. I think the cause may have been due to my bungy cord rubbing against the button. I have noticed this happening more so when unclippping my bungy to put my detector down before digging a hole than in general swinging of the detector.

nuggets
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:26 am

Minelab must have been aware of this problem with the 4000 and 4500 button being exposed and the 5000 is protected by an improved shroud cover that I still cannot remove to replace the new rubber. I thank Rick for his photos above however I'm blowed if I can get mine off and dont want to risk breaking the shroud..has anyone actually replaced the 5000 rubber by removing that shroud cover in deference to the 4500?....At least my 5000 still has a bit of rubber on the handle..just not comfortable!...be even better if my 5000 had portable seat attachment as well..... Laughing

Back to top Go down

Q: Has anyone changed the rubber on their 5000 Quick-Trak button handle? Empty Replacing the minelab 5000 hand grip.

Post  Pj. Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:15 am

Gday all who have posted on this subject.
I own a 5000 and have replaced the handgrip twice now. The process is the same as described above as with the 4500. The actual handle construction is flimsy and care should be taken when removing the hand grip. Also pay attention to where the fast track button wire runs along the handle under the foam grip and along the main shaft to smart port on the control box. If installed incorrectly damage can be caused by the hand strap attachment rubbing on the wire. Hope this helps out. Cheers, Pj.
Pj.
Pj.
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:44 am

Larry,

Just ring Nenad at ML and ask him what the secret is. I've changed mine by just using brute force and ignorance to get the washer off.

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:13 am

Thanks Robert I will....You no doubt have more Brute Force than me mate....LOL.
Did you see Benjy Marshalls freak Try last night when the underdog Tigers slew the hapless Dragons?....un..bloody...lievable.....our friend Wayno Bennett looked even less happy than usual... which is no mean feat in itself.....LOL....Hoo Roo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:19 am

Anything Benji does is usually freakish. I remember seeing Benno smile in 1987. Or maybe he just had wind Razz Razz Razz
Nah mate, I'm now a "Mexican" again so I'm obliged to watch Collingwood win a back-to-back. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post  stylusmobilus Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:43 pm

Goldnomad wrote:Anything Benji does is usually freakish. I remember seeing Benno smile in 1987. Or maybe he just had wind Razz Razz Razz
Nah mate, I'm now a "Mexican" again so I'm obliged to watch Collingwood win a back-to-back. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Robert

He had wind, Biggles never smiles. Tip...don't call him Biggles if he is in earshot...
stylusmobilus
stylusmobilus
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post  IGotBigNuggets Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:07 pm

Thanks for sharing Ararat.
IGotBigNuggets
IGotBigNuggets
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2013-01-28

Back to top Go down