Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eldorado weekend with Murachu & James 5-8-11 to 8-8-11

2 posters

Go down

Eldorado weekend with Murachu & James  5-8-11 to 8-8-11 Empty Eldorado weekend with Murachu & James 5-8-11 to 8-8-11

Post  Rustydog Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:13 am

As we all know the weather leading up to the week end was great , as i arrived at Eldorado to meet Murachu and James at the caravan park where we were staying.
They were already out on the creek so after setting up the tent i went for a drive out to do a bit of panning , not a lot of show as the creek is up and it makes it hard with high water lvls so back to camp to catch up with the guys.
On returning the guys where there smiles and hand shakes all round made you feel right at home.
We sat around the fire and listened to stories ,some almost bought me to tears with laughter.
Next day we went out and we did some test panning and then set up the banjo for a few hours digging (rain stopped us doing a lot ) spent about 3 hours and then cleaned up and a nice little show of gold.
Sunday was still wet with showers coming through Murachu and James had a date with the museum to show people panning display and to see the kids wanting to have a go at panning was great , as i headed out to do some more digging in the creek.
i got a little more gold but only 2 hours digging as heavy showers had me packing up and heading back to give the guys a hand at the museum.
Monday seen us catching up with some locals for a chat and some information to help us out at a later date.
I managed to get about 3/4 of a gram of gold but the company and help was second to none and i now look at creeks and rivers etc in a whole new way.
I must say a big thank you to James and Murachu for the weekend as i enjoyed it a great deal and learnt a lot.

This is the gear i use for my sluicing and panning now
Eldorado weekend with Murachu & James  5-8-11 to 8-8-11 Pic_0809_117

Eldorado weekend with Murachu & James  5-8-11 to 8-8-11 Pic_0809_116

Eldorado weekend with Murachu & James  5-8-11 to 8-8-11 Pic_0809_115
Rustydog
Rustydog
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2011-07-11

Back to top Go down

Eldorado weekend with Murachu & James  5-8-11 to 8-8-11 Empty Re: Eldorado weekend with Murachu & James 5-8-11 to 8-8-11

Post  Guest Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:45 am

Sounds like you had a great weekend Rustydog. Just look at all that gear. Must take you ages to pack and unpack. Much easier with just a detector and pick. lol.
'rusty'dog? You shouldn't be too rusty at your age... Now I have an excuse to be rusty.

Panther

Back to top Go down

Eldorado weekend with Murachu & James  5-8-11 to 8-8-11 Empty Re: Eldorado weekend with Murachu & James 5-8-11 to 8-8-11

Post  Rustydog Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:54 am

lol Panther , na i aint to rusty its just a name i tend to use.
Only takes about 5 minutes to pack it all into the 4x4 most of it is pretty light weight but the gear works great for sluicing and panning.
I get bored walking around with a detector and not finding anything so i do my prospecting this way.
I dont think there has been 1 time that i have come back with out finding gold this way
Rustydog
Rustydog
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:46 pm

Top stuff Rustydog cheers And a 4stroker lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbo Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:56 pm

Terrific stuff RD!!
Good to read that you'd found some yella. Yes, that creek will surprise you, just when you least expect it to. With all the water that's been down it in the last 12 mths, old known leads are no longer and new ones have emerged.
One lesson I've learnt is that whenever I go wet-working with those two...always expect rain!!! Laughing Wink, good gold and great company.
Robbo
Robbo
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:58 pm

good story Rustydog
well done getting the gold
cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Rustydog Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:06 pm

thanx guys , off again tomorrow to do some more
Rustydog
Rustydog
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:40 pm

Very Happy R/D mate we did indeed have a ball hey......love the pump. cheers cheers

Back to top Go down