Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TESORO DETECTORS

4 posters

Go down

TESORO DETECTORS Empty TESORO DETECTORS

Post  rohana Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:29 pm

Correct me if I am wrong but I dont see any TESORO detectors mentioned on these pages, maybe I have not found the pages which have some on, please advise if anything is relevant. I am looking for a Cibola or Golden Umax in very good condition if possible. Thanking you all in anticipation. Bryan

rohana
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2011-07-24

Back to top Go down

TESORO DETECTORS Empty Tesoro

Post  esteponapj Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:43 am

I too have noticed there seems to be a lack of comments re the Tesoro detectors - I have a Lobo and an El Dorado - I was looking for help, suggestions,or comments re using the Lobo for gold detecting. Anyone out there?
Thanks.

esteponapj

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

TESORO DETECTORS Empty Re: TESORO DETECTORS

Post  Narrawa Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:41 pm

Talk to this bloke, http://www.tesoro.com.au/
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  bfloyd4445 Tue May 19, 2015 8:37 am

esteponapj wrote:I too have noticed there seems to be a lack of comments re the Tesoro detectors - I have a Lobo and an El Dorado - I was looking for help, suggestions,or comments re using the Lobo for gold detecting.  Anyone out there?
Thanks.

I had a dealer today try to sell me a lobo. He has all the brands and models but like the Lobo's ability to tune out iron and crap automatically. How long have you had yours and have you found anything with it?
bfloyd4445
bfloyd4445
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2015-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 19, 2015 9:36 am

I have had my LST since first release.
The detector has an excellent Auto ground balance system and is good for large and tiny nuggs.
The LST suffers similar problems in Aussie severe iron mineralisation as do other high frequency VLF metal detectors. It is a nice gold finder in quiet to moderate iron conditions. The three position mineral selector does help the LST in severe ground but depth is lost on small nuggs.
The Disc Mode is good for coins and relics and even does a fair job on dry sand salt beaches.
The All metal mode can achieve fair results in wet sand with careful use of the sensitivity and mineral controls. The detector will find small gold chains at the beach.
The LST is a good basic metal detector with no bells & whistles. I will not be parting with mine any time soon.

Just an opinion, not gospel.

Back to top Go down

Post  bfloyd4445 Tue May 19, 2015 12:07 pm

thanks for the info Adrian. I think they would work best without discrimination to maximize depth. They are attractive but I'm wondering if they could spot an area with gold dust? Here there are tons of gold dust some very fine and it would be nice if it could be used to locate areas with higher concentrations of dust. In your opinion what is the best detector out there?
I'm leaning stongly towards the lobo st but would prefer a unit with a readout of the signal as well. From what I've read the power is limited so the expensive ones are not more powerful just have more sophisticated electronics
bfloyd4445
bfloyd4445
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2015-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 19, 2015 8:16 pm

The LST does not have a good range of coils and If I want to fit a different coil to my LST then I have to send the detector back to Tesoro for fittment and detector adjustment. I don't know if that applies to the grey Lobo but it is a pain in the butt with the early LST. On the other hand the stock coil has served me well although the LST does not get much use these days since I obtained my Infinium

If you want a detector that can track the mineralisation and provide a readout then you will need something like an MXT or GMT or the latest digital Gold Bugs. Even these detectors may not respond to the gold dust you speak of but they will tell you if you are in black sand country and that is usually where your gold dust can be found.
Power is not everthing in a detector but the target signal processing is.

Back to top Go down