Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WIN for PMAV victoria, website ban list has bern scrapped.

+2
coles525
Chuckles
6 posters

Go down

WIN for PMAV victoria, website ban list has bern scrapped. Empty WIN for PMAV victoria, website ban list has bern scrapped.

Post  Guest Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:14 am

WIN for PMAV victoria, website ban list has bern scrapped.
coles525 Yesterday at 10:25 pm

Chuckles wrote:
Before you head off anywhere to work a river or creek in Victoria check this link http://www.new.dpi.vic.gov.au/earth-resources/fossicking/faqs
It gives a list of rivers and creeks you are Not allowed to prospect in. ...blame the greenies

As per the subject heading. We were informed during the July Melbourne metro meeting (2 weeks ago), that the list has now been ditched and is no longer valid. Best to ask Jeff for more detailed info (ie: date the ban starts), as I don't have info on me.

It may also be in the next issue of the Eureka Echo, bring delivered soon.

Back to top Go down

WIN for PMAV victoria, website ban list has bern scrapped. Empty Re: WIN for PMAV victoria, website ban list has bern scrapped.

Post  Guest Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:07 pm

coles525 mate i moved your post to here to make it easier to find. cheers cheers

Back to top Go down

WIN for PMAV victoria, website ban list has bern scrapped. Empty Re: WIN for PMAV victoria, website ban list has bern scrapped.

Post  Chuckles Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:37 pm

That is great news...does anyone have more info about it ?. bounce bounce bounce

Chuckles
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2011-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:02 pm

Sorry mate that was posted by coles525, I hope it's right. I cant tell you no more than that. cheers cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  coles525 Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:18 am

Slightly more info via the dpi government website:

1) [url=new.dpi.vic.gov.au/earth-resources-sustainable-development-act-1990/submissions/prospectors-and-miners-association-of-victoria]PMAV submission to government[/url]

2)[url=new.dpi.vic.gov.au/earth-resources-sustainable-development-act-of-1990/discussion-paper-no-10-other-matters]10.6.3 (Discussion paper 10.Crown Land Access.Reviewing the list of excepted rivers & streams)[/url][left]

That's the info I can provide other then speaking to Geoff of PMAV.
coles525
coles525
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Chuckles Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:10 am

Thanks for that coles525 ...I found the info at http://new.dpi.vic.gov.au/earth-resources/whats-new/review-of-the-mineral-resources-sustainable-development-act-1990/submissions/prospectors-and-miners-association-of-victoria ... talk about a wordy link..but that what govts are good at..a lot of words !. the info re rivers is nesr the bottom of the page.
cheers

Chuckles
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2011-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post  jarrahrules Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:37 pm

I bought this up with the local PMAV club and they said no it hasn't been changed. What goes?
Jamie

jarrahrules
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2011-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post  coles525 Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:56 pm

jarrahrules wrote:I bought this up with the local PMAV club and they said no it hasn't been changed. What goes?
Jamie

Did the person you spoke to attend the Melb PMAV branch meeting on Tuesday July 12th, which infact was only 2 weeks, 3 days ago? Did they even make contact with Geoff or Rita?

I can say for a fact that I did attend it, feel free to attend it next month: 2nd Tuesday of each month, located @ Miners Den Mitchem (new location/store/owner). It starts @ 7.30pm.

We were told by Geoff that the PMAV had a win regarding the listed creeks located on the website, but did I say anything in greater detail? No, I didn't!

I actually said to contact Geoff if more detailed info was wanted, as I didn't have more information! Do I know when it actually starts (officially unlisted on dpi website), NO. The only ones who can answer that are Rita (President) & Geoff (updates us at each meeting).

During the next meeting, I shall be asking for more detailed info to update everyone here with; which I have already said in a previous post.

coles525
coles525
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  coles525 Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:06 pm

Evening all, I spoke to Geoff @ tonights PMAV Melbourne meeting regarding the banned rivers/creeks. In which he said:

- Until sometime in 2012, it won't goto parliament to officially become law (list being scrapped)
- Submissions for review are now closed and complete.
- "Noal Laidlaw, Rita and myself (Geoff from PMAV) have attended many meetings, in which the 'consideration process' has started"

He has also been assured that it will become law when government (get their bums kicked into speed!) actually passes it in 2012.

I do have some more quotes to add that Geoff told everyone in the meeting, but they are in my car while I'm working (using mobile phone for this).

I will update/add here by tomorrow arvo!

Josh.
coles525
coles525
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  jarrahrules Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:40 pm

Thanks for the info. please keep us posted. Much appreciated.
Jamie

jarrahrules
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2011-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post  coles525 Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:23 pm

As per my last post, a few more quotes from Geoff (Includes general chat to members):

- "Creeks around Peters Hill have colour in every pan" (another member was there in the last month, finding gold in each pan he sifted!)
- "Not much PMAV issues tonight" (most of the meeting was general chat / speaker / who found what / suggestions [<-- see below futher!])
- "ECHO (quarterly member mag) is now at the press as we speak, allow 1 week (or so) to recieve it in the mail"

---- "M.R.S.D.A submissions have now closed"! (Mineral Resources / DPI Banned creek list!)
-------- "Has been assured as a defiant" (spelt!) that the list will be scrapped
------------ "After 130 years, it shall be confined to history"

== Poll / Opinions on what member would like in new detectors? == (owner of Miners Den spoke to MineLab a week or so ago, when 2 different Mine Lab staff entered the store in Mitchem)

- GPS integrated into machines

- Smaller control box, with ability to move the battery "onto" the machine itself. (Reason box is so big, is to counter weight the machine/circuit.. Placing the battery (slide in style) into a smaller box could keep the same weight, but smaller.)

- Screen (with pictures) to show actually what could be beeping. As in coins / relics / gold / rings etc.... Just like they have on other version detectors. This was my suggestion, other members said coin/relic screen works excellent on machines they own.

I shall also be making another topic in the general topic to try and get many other member opinions. The answers given will then be sent onto Miners Den, as well as talked about in next months meeting.
coles525
coles525
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  warrior707 Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:11 pm

is there any updates further information on the progress of changing the act

warrior707
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post  stilltrying Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:24 pm

Last time I checked about 3 weeks ago we still can't go to the list of creeks / rivers. But was told one of the creeks / rivers that I'd like to go to has a shop directly opposite that sells miners rights
& they also hire pans to public. So go make some sense with that cause I can't. lol
stilltrying
stilltrying
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2012-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post  King401 Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:44 pm

Any news on this?

King401
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2012-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:25 pm

Pretty sure the List still applies, though the PMAV have requested a review which will take place in the April session of parliament!

Kane

Back to top Go down