Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

These's Gold in those Leads

+6
GoldTone
chopppacalamari
mariner3800
xenon
Nature_Pete
Detrackozi
10 posters

Go down

These's Gold in those Leads Empty These's Gold in those Leads

Post  Detrackozi Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:47 pm

Hi all

Got out to the goldfields for a couple of days to works acouple of shallow gold leads and was not let down for my effort.

14" NF round on a 4500 worked the out edges of the leads, and these leads were not gullys leads but leads that run out of the gullys and up long the side of a hill or up towards the ridge .

This 6.9grm was found at the most end of a lead that was about 20mtrs down off the Reef line that run along the ridge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V9z74C_DdI

4 bits all up and and will be returning to clean up very soon. Laughing Laughing

These's Gold in those Leads MaryboroughGold

Were there is Rubbish there is gold and were there is Gold there is always bullets as well but you have no choose but to dig all targets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-3N5Qv0Ius

Last edited by Detrackozi on Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

These's Gold in those Leads Empty Re: These's Gold in those Leads

Post  Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:56 pm

very nice Detrackozi
well done
dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:29 pm

I enjoyed watching this video of yours finding those nuggets Detrackozi.
Gee the 4500 sure was really loud...... Shocked
Thanks,
UncleBob. sunny

Back to top Go down

Post  Nature_Pete Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:41 pm

Excellent work, congrats cheers

Nature Pete. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Nature_Pete
Nature_Pete
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2011-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post  xenon Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:03 pm

Nice Pieces Detrackozi,

Great video too, good luck with the return trip
xenon
xenon
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:41 pm

awesome mate well done and great videos loved them... it's good to see good size gold get dug up not like my pea size bits
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:54 pm

Nice goin Detrack, good to see you get amongst em, were still havin fun in WA.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:02 am

Very nice finds Detrack and a great vid. Have you up graded to a 4500 now as if I remember rightly you use to have a 3000 ?

Cheers mate
Wombat

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:53 am

Bill

My mate had to stay home so I let is to try out so I had both to use on the leads.

The idear was to run 14'' NF and the 16'' NF along these Shallow leads hoping to jag a few deeper targets but all the gold found was within 4" Had the 4500 cranked up loud and dug all low soft sounds but not a thing came out deep, all targets were within 4'' and just sounded like a 22 bullet. Rolling Eyes

I am sure there is bigger ones there it's just a matter of going over them and be able to hear them. This lead covers a long area and has given us good gold in the pass few years so just hoping that with all the good finds we have had close to the surface there must be more down deeper there affraid

How you been mate have not seen you for awhile did you get up to the river this year at Easter

David
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

These's Gold in those Leads Empty There`s gold in those leads

Post  Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:00 am

Great find Detrackozi cheers

Enjoyed the video and the sound of the pick biting into the hard soil...love it,also the squealing of the detector closing in on the gold target Laughing I had that feeling last Saturday when i dug a 8 gram nugget...i got that adrenalin rush again watching your other dig on the 8.5 gram bit...I`m out tomorrow on the hunt..

Phew....i got butterflies in my tummy now Laughing

Nice one Detrac..
Cheers Eureka Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:28 pm

G,day David, What was your comparison between the 3000 & 4500?

(How you been mate have not seen you for a while did you get up to the river this year at Easter)
Yer mate it has been a while. Been fairly buzzy putting the house on the market and now starting to pack stuff we don't need and storing it up at Maryborough. Got the chance to get up to Eldorado at Easter and never did to bad. I was working a small run on creek that runs into Reedy. This creek hadn't run for years, but with all the rain they had up there it was great. And how have you been, still getting out there I see. When I get up to Maryborough later this year I'll give you a call and we'll catch up. I hope by then I'll have my 5000.

Cheers mate and look after your self.
Bill

Back to top Go down

Post  mariner3800 Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:06 pm

Awesome find and just love the Video.

Can I ask how you identified the lead, was it via a visual indicator or by using maps??

Well done again

Mariner3800
mariner3800
mariner3800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1177
Registration date : 2010-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:08 pm

Detrackozi wrote: 14" NF round on a 4500 worked the out edges of the leads, and these leads were not gullys leads but leads that run out of the gullys and up long the side of a hill or up towards the ridge. This 6.9grm was found at the most end of a lead that was about 20mtrs down off the Reef line that run along the ridge.
...Were there is Rubbish there is gold and were there is Gold there is always bullets as well but you have no choose but to dig all targets.
Thanks Detrackozi for your helpful comments. You've shown us what you found, given us the general region, and also helped by letting us know the type of country and workings you found them in. That means we can all learn something from what you've said, and could apply it to our own locations.

Lots of people post pictures without giving a state, region, or any information about the type of ground or terrain, so I appreciate your willingness to share.

Thanks. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  chopppacalamari Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:44 pm

Well done mate good stuff.

Dicko..
chopppacalamari
chopppacalamari
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:56 pm

schislife & mariner3800

This is only how I see it, take it as you will

As with many new starters to this hobbies they never know what they should be looking for in the way of the type of ground and am sure Jim would of talked them all though that at the camp weekend they had acouple of weeks back.

Most would head to the digging for a starter and thats fine but just think for a minute we did the gold come from before it hit the gullys, it came down the hillside from the reefs that run south to north so why not work the ground between them and we call that virgin ground. This ground is were all long time prospectors look and to add to that we look for leads, now leads come as deep leads and shallow leads and to make it easyer for you now all deep leads that you will see on maps will be down in big open gullys or valleys and these will be well out of rearch for any detector unless you have a D12 Dozer.

Shallow lead is what you want to look for and these are the leads that run up the top end of most gullys with digging in them but back along time ago these gullys were not were they are now but some times up along a hill face and it is there were you will find gravel that has not yet been washed down into the gullys of today and you will find traped gold small or big .

I posted some Shallow leads on your camp weekend post.
https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t4801p30-laanecoorie-weekend-june-10-13-final-post-info-update-8-6-2011

The best advise I can give you is try and stay off the digging and look for those Quartz's Reef lines then stand back have a good look at the way it has broken down in the way it is traveling down the slopes ,make sure it is breaking down into small Quartz and that there is clay about to trap the gold on it journey down. Dig ever target and I mean every target as it is easy to to think its only rubbish and you leave it till the next prospector comes along and does'nt get any rubbish because you have picked it up but here is the only target that you did not dig because you thought it would only be rubbish and yes out comes a nice chunky juice nugget (thank you) If I see holes about and find a target that has been missed or not dug because of the last lazy prospector left it then I dig it .

Couple more clips of small finds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRqpFOqbj-g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZJ8P_0Fdxc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtkXRsLmGPQ

[u]

Last edited by Detrackozi on Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldTone Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:00 pm

Thanks for the awesome pics, vids and info, it gives me hope...

It's nice to know that where there is rubbish there is gold, cos I just LOVE digging rubbish bounce

Well that's what I keep telling myself... Rolling Eyes

Cheers
GT
GoldTone
GoldTone
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2011-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:08 pm

Goldtone
Your turn will come. it was 12 months before I found my first bit of gold and that was back 16 years were there gold was everywere,I was walking over it past and sitting on it at campsite I had back then,

Here is a Wedderburn find.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km8YM6yKh7g
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:46 pm

Detrackozi, I for one want to thank you for this great post. Its not so much the pics (which I love lookin at) its the info you have provided for us "newbies" on reading the ground.

by Detrackozi on Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:56 pm
Most would head to the digging for a starter and thats fine but just think for a minute we did the gold come from before it hit the gullys, it came down the hillside from the reefs that run south to north so why not work the ground between them and we call that virgin ground. This ground is were all long time prospectors look and to add to that we look for leads, now leads come as deep leads and shallow leads and to make it easyer for you now all deep leads that you will see on maps will be down in big open gullys or valleys and these will be well out of rearch for any detector unless you have a D12 Dozer .Shallow lead is what you want to look for and these are the leads that run up the top end of most gullys with digging in them but back along time ago these gullys were not were they are now but some times up along a hill face and it is there were you will find gravel that has not yet been washed down into the gullys of today and you will find traped gold small or big .

and this too

The best advise I can give you is try and stay off the digging and look for those Quartz's Reef lines then stand back have a good look at the way it has broken down in the way it is traveling down the slopes ,make sure it is breaking down into small Quartz and that there is clay about to trap the gold on it journey down. Dig ever target and I mean every target as it is easy to to think its only rubbish and you leave it till the next prospector comes along and does'nt get any rubbish because you have picked it up but here is the only target that you did not dig because you thought it would only be rubbish and yes out comes a nice chunky juice nugget (thank you) If I see holes about and find a target that has been missed or not dug because of the last lazy prospector left it then I dig it.

I have read so much on the subject of types of ground and where to look etc but these few paragraphs have explained it perfectly to me and when I next get the chance to hit the goldfields I will feel more confident armed with this info.

Thanks a million cheers

Last edited by Billy on Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : remove colour text)
Billy
Billy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2011-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  mariner3800 Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:22 pm

Hi Detrackozi,

Thanks for the wonderful info, the more questions you ask the better informed you are. This wealth of knowledge has just increased my knowledge vault enormously.

Thanks Again

Mariner3800
mariner3800
mariner3800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1177
Registration date : 2010-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:39 pm

GoldTone wrote:It's nice to know that where there is rubbish there is gold, cos I just LOVE digging rubbish bounce Well that's what I keep telling myself... Rolling Eyes CheersGT
We all love digging rubbish because it proves the ground is new or that the last digger was sloppy and left us the gold too. Well that's our hope anyway. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:33 pm

Detrack

Thanks for a very informative post for it is information like that, that all prospectors need reminding of. We all have to look outside the square these days rather than look at what is right in front of us.

Great stuff

Jeff
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  goinbush Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:10 pm

congrats to you, your a great contributor and deserve all the yellow you get Cheers Goinbush nice vid thanks for sharing

goinbush
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2009-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:28 pm

Hi Detrackozi
Thanks for the video and information you provide
I was out with a total newbie yesterday went to a spot full of rubbish
we kept digging most of it
I ended up with 7 small bits 0.9 gms he got 5 also 0.9 gms
So if you are in a known gold area and you persever chances are you will be rewarded

Cheers Ruffles

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:34 pm

G'day David, Well done, nice nuggies. Enjoyed the utubes, I didn't see this post until tonight.

Cheers Adrian
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down