Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What have you found?

3 posters

Go down

What have you found? Empty What have you found?

Post  Guest Sat May 21, 2011 5:44 am

WAS IT JUST A DREAM ???

As you walk out in the bush, detector runnin oh so smooth between the the gum trees and wattles, or the spinifex and the gidgee's, its saturday...
all the fuss and hassle of the work week seems so far away...
as you ever so slowly swing the coil.....left...right...no sounds except the gentle hum of a stable perfect threshold because you took that extra special care to tune ya machine just right...
the sun is just warming your face up as you realise this is the friggin life..."wonder what the rich people are doin...................

then you get that oh so familiar sound of a sweet mellow target in the audio..... wow! **** here we go,,,, gotta be a flamin nugget ay!
you take a few inches of the surface..... signals still there but clearer and a bit louder Shocked
you scrape another 6" of dirt more and carefully pile it to the side just incase the target is shallow and in the pile...
but ..NO! **** its still there! Shocked

so ya take a decent bash with the heavy pick ya carry, cause you know you will need it for stch a time...
****!!!!
its still in the hole, so ya now hammer the target with new lease on life that nothing except a DEEP target can give ya...
down on ya knees, scoopin out the hard ground with ya hands.... 2 feet....3f feet....**** ya heart starts to imagine a huge nugget...
10oz....20oz....maybe the retirement DAB!

Well............... who would swap that moment for QUIDS
as you sweat and gasp for air like a deep sea diver you still dig..
THEN!..... THERE IN THE SIDE OF THE HOLE??....is that gold ???
and ya heart skips 3000 beats a minute, you see it.... bull ****! Shocked IT CANT BE!????
hell stevo/ mick/jacko/bruce!
and ya mate quickly rams his hand into the hiole...and grabs the bugger and tosses it into the air for all to see cheers affraid

Truly..............................
Can Any Moment in life Get even anywhere
close to such a moment..............

Out bush, beyond the last cattle grid ... good old mates... and blood red dirt...
nuggets and a good campfire...
the beers run free to celebrate a good day
with lots of nuggets.. but mick got a friggin 30oz bit!!!!!
and he is on a high... good onyer mick ya prick hahaha Very Happy

Does life get much better ???????????????

WHO WOULD SWAP THIS FOR QUIDS??????

Pete in WA Cool

Back to top Go down

What have you found? Empty Re: What have you found?

Post  Guest Sat May 21, 2011 5:54 am

Update

Mick just got a friggin 15 to ad to the 30

Swine micko hahahaha Razz
cya soon bruz.. meet ya at the pub in meeka mate.. txt ya.. Cool

onyer mate

Pete in WA Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 21, 2011 8:49 am

can i relate to this ?
not really . i`ve never got a 30 then 15 ounce. wouldn`t mind the feeling though.
very nice. hope you put up some pics
well done mick

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Sat May 21, 2011 11:50 am

Yes,I can relate exactly to what Mick felt with similar experiences there Beepinpete. One hrs+ digging into a three foot hole,target almost there,for the sound it gave,was by this time deafening."Aheee" low and behold the notorious donkey shoe with hoof still connected, followed by a second shoe even deeper down. Truly no moment in life (nor any other mates beside me) could ever get anywhere close (nor did they want to) to where I was digging,so I was left there on my own laying side ways on the ground shaking like a gaffed mackerel,gasping for air.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  gollstar Sat May 21, 2011 12:59 pm

I to can relate to this right upto the moment it turned out to be gold Twisted Evil last weekend i kicked some crap out of the way and got the very faintest murmur like one tenth that of decent ground noise i dug 6 inchs then its telling me its a target then i keep digging and digging then its booming still in the hole and its not blanking out with the dd coil finally got it out and its bit rusty sh, another time a tree had fallen down and i put the coil in and nothing there then i moved a block of clay and swung the coil in again and there was a target digging and digging nearly a metre down on my guts pulling the wash out by hand another bit of sh that bloody deep unbelivable, im going to WA thats it !
gollstar
gollstar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 697
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Back to top Go down

What have you found? Empty Can you relate to this

Post  evan2010 Sat May 21, 2011 2:04 pm

Although Ive never found anything like the 15&30oz Lumps mentioned, I too can relate to the jubilance one feels when you finally find a good bit. Especially one particular day last year Nth of sandstone. I'd had a prick of a time walking miles & finding nothing but junk and by about 3pm I'd decided that the cold beer back at camp sounded better than anymore walking. So I turned to the direction i'd parked my 4wd and proceded to make my way back there whilst casually swinging the coil as I went. I'd just crossed thru a creek & was coming up the other side when I got a nice broad signal that stopped me in my tracks. Well Imagine my shock when after digging down about a foot & a half, out popped a 43g solid nugget! I couldnt contain myself & let out an almighty "yeehah" that luckily went
Unheard lol. Well its needless to say that the beer tasted extra great after that. Cheers evan
evan2010
evan2010
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2010-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 21, 2011 5:13 pm

great post pete

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 21, 2011 5:33 pm

beepinpete,

One day.........Yeahhhhhh... one day Sad it'l be my turn.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 21, 2011 5:41 pm

Hey Kon
Be the supreme optimist and dig that third and fourth horseshoe like I did der Lucky they dont have six legs
Cheers Dig

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Sat May 21, 2011 5:56 pm

Your not wrong there Dig24crt.Over the last twenty years or so Iv amassed from Draught Horse shoe all the way down to what I believe is a Goat shoe,not to mention the odd human boot shoe.I wonder what else ill be adding to the collection down the track.One things for certain though,if you don't dig the target out you'll just never know what it could've been.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 21, 2011 6:02 pm

Kon
Also couldnt figure out for years why they used such small ponies till I was told that they where boot heel covers
Dig

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Sat May 21, 2011 6:07 pm

ORRHHH, Now that you mentioned it,never thought of that one Dig.Highly possible.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down