Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

forum get together/information/learning curve ??

+10
mariner3800
Hotrocks
HOBO'S Gold
Kon61gold
Rwork
yellowmellow
shelby23
MS
mungass
GoldstalkerGPX
14 posters

Go down

forum get together/information/learning curve ?? Empty forum get together/information/learning curve ??

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Wed May 18, 2011 1:40 am

Hi all, Just wondering what response we get to the thoughts of a Vic get together.
It may be a great chance to catch up with old faces and many of the new, also might be great for the less experienced to gain some knowledge and experience on the ground with some of the seasoned operaters, also for those who haven't got a machine yet to have walk around with others to get a feel for the hobbie and take in valuable pointers. Also would be great to maybe see some get thier first ever gold.

It might even be a great idea for the site admin to organise another information weekend like we had a couple of years ago now that the site has dramatically grown.

Thoughts???

Cheers

P.S. this would not be restricted to vic members of the forum, anyone from the forum from any location would be more than welcome of course.
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

forum get together/information/learning curve ?? Empty Re: forum get together/information/learning curve ??

Post  mungass Wed May 18, 2011 5:23 am

Good idea stalker ! The last one was very informative, and it was good to put names to faces and visa versa .
mungass
mungass
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

forum get together/information/learning curve ?? Empty Re: forum get together/information/learning curve ??

Post  MS Wed May 18, 2011 6:44 am

Good idea GoldstalkerGPX
Maybe something split up in two groups like an introduction / advanced, with a bit more time in the field
The last one I went too was great and it's good to put names to faces.
Cheers Mark
MS
MS
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 791
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 18, 2011 7:14 am

great idea goldstalker. Would be good to meet all you guys n gals and have a get together.

Back to top Go down

Post  shelby23 Wed May 18, 2011 8:22 am

Hi
There could be a get together in Clearmont Queensland.
We could all bring our wippa snippers.
I always wondered if a hip stick would work on a wippa snipper?
I have meet people from this site at Clearmont.
Regards Neale

shelby23
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 685
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowmellow Wed May 18, 2011 9:25 am

Hi All,

Ths is a great idea.

Place and time and i will be there.

Preferably in Vic this would be and is great.

Cheers,

Tim Eureka
yellowmellow
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Rwork Wed May 18, 2011 11:04 am

Bpc just camped at Inglewood,down the end of Powlett road on the right hand side opposite the tv transmission tower.Its a big open area and near gold fields but may be too far for melbourne people.You would have to allow around 35 minutes from bendigo through bridgewater.Where did they hold the last get together?

Rwork
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2011-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Wed May 18, 2011 11:49 am

G'day Rwork, the last one was held Laanecoorie caravan park, it would all depend if it was going to be a bush get together or a more organised session like the last one and then it would more than likely need to have decent facilities like at Jim's park.
I have camped at the area you suggested at Inglewood and is a great camping ground, there also is a great camping area between Laanecoorie and Tarnagulla.
This area is a good area and usually produces a few little ones. Doesn't really worry me as I will still have to drive about 3 hours no matter where in the triangle we have it. But that would be my suggestion on location.
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Wed May 18, 2011 4:15 pm

Hi Goldstalker

I was going to organise another one probably in October , but pretty tied up at the moment with building a house and other things. Retiring in July

If you like ring Jim at Laancoorie CP and just organise a date, he would only be too happy to give everyone a talk, but I can't do anything for the moment

Jeff
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4504
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  HOBO'S Gold Wed May 18, 2011 4:58 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Regards Johnny sunny
HOBO'S Gold
HOBO'S Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 969
Registration date : 2008-10-22

https://www.youtube.com/user/HOBOsGold?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

forum get together/information/learning curve ?? Empty forum get together/information/learning curve??

Post  Hotrocks Wed May 18, 2011 5:16 pm

One of the early get togethers was held at the Mataranka Scouts camp, I think.

Hotrocks
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 125

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowmellow Wed May 18, 2011 7:45 pm

Hi All,

Talbot rec area would be great,so to Amherst camping ground or as mentioned Laanacoorie and/or Tarnagulla.

Cheers,

Tim Eureka
yellowmellow
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  mariner3800 Wed May 18, 2011 8:30 pm

Hi Goldstalker,

I was wondering the same thing and have had a couple of discussions with some people on the forum for the Queens Birthday Long Weekend in June.

It has also been suggested that Lannacoorie be the place as it can accommodate for all types of camping / cabins / tents and so on. It also has a great common hall / meals area and you can have a fire right at your camping / cabin site.

I sure I we chip in for a few Beers we can even get Jim up to give a talk on any topic of prospecting.

I and a few blokes have already booked the weekend and are heading up there so if anyone else wants to turn up I'm sure we will have a blast.

I think nothing to formal, but open

Your thought

Peter
mariner3800
mariner3800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1177
Registration date : 2010-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Wed May 18, 2011 8:53 pm

G'day Peter, The long weekend for the queens birthday sounds like a plan for me, I will have to book holidays to get the Sat & Sun off and my 3 day break is for the Mon, Tue & Wed anyway so count me in for that, now I can't wait Laughing I'll ring and book a spot!

Now who else is in for that weekend?

Cheers

Last edited by GoldstalkerGPX on Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Rtanweb Wed May 18, 2011 9:00 pm

Would love to put "names on faces" but restricted to Vline & Bus for travel.

If there is PT to that caravan park, i am in! But probably not Mad

Rtanweb
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  polak Wed May 18, 2011 10:03 pm

Ill be heading to Goldsborough for the Vic Seekers monthly camp which is only 20mins away, Ill see if Hermann will come for a drive and drop in to the caravan park for a night or two.
If Jim can be persuaded to give a bit of a talk that would be very good, Ill chip in for his beer bribe Smile

Polak

polak
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Post  mariner3800 Thu May 19, 2011 5:56 pm

Hi Goldstalker,

Would be great to catch up over the long weekend, To date there are 3 other parties that have expressed interest and 2 of them have already booked the park.

Stoppsy said he might even get down for a visit, but cannot commit to it until a little closer.

We found a couple of nice spots over Easter, one producing over 14 pieces and we have not even racked the area yet ( Cannot wait to get back ).

I will post a general invite early next week, once I talk to a couple more members and let you know what we can organize.

Kindest Regards

Peter
mariner3800
mariner3800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Thu May 19, 2011 6:27 pm

Sounds good cheers I will be booking my holidays first thing in the morning (1st day back) I will be heading over on the Friday night so will give Stoppsy a poke in the ribs on my way through St Arnaud geek
I am looking forward to getting out for 4 full days. Just gotta ring Jim now to book a spot.

It is interesting that alot of the newbies that are after info are not jumping on this yet.
Cheers
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

forum get together/information/learning curve ?? Empty newbie

Post  cranky53 Thu May 19, 2011 8:21 pm

let me be the first newbie just let me know when and where

Last edited by cranky53 on Thu May 19, 2011 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

cranky53
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2011-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowmellow Thu May 19, 2011 8:24 pm

Same
yellowmellow
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  cranky53 Thu May 19, 2011 8:31 pm

i will look forward to getting hints on my detector settings I do find gold but I am sure I am missing out on alot

cranky53
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  mariner3800 Thu May 19, 2011 9:15 pm

Hi All,

OK this is starting to snowball which is just fantastic.

OK, what we are proposing is from Friday the 10th - Monday the 13th of June ( Vic Queens Birthday Weekend ) that the forum hold its first annual meet and greet at. We will base our selves at Laanecoorie Lake Side Caravan Park for the 4 days ( 03 5435 7303 ) for bookings at the park.

Please note I have not spoken to Jim yet at the park, but will do it this weekend, so if you book before then that is OK, but he will know nothing about it yet.

At this stage it will just be a very social gathering with hopefully a sharing of knowledge over the 4 days, some laughs and a few reds / whites or beers around the camp fire.

For those with a family that is also keen on prospecting like, mine there will be some kids so if you have them, bring them as it is a great place for a weekend.

If you are keen, can you please PM me or post here so I can keep a track on numbers.

This is not any type of commercial venture, all this is, is a group of people from this forum with a common interest catching up for for a couple of days to meet, swap ideas and share a few stories.

Looking forward to a great weekend

Peter

mariner3800
mariner3800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 20, 2011 5:48 am

for sure !
will be this if i can talk my boss into given me a couple of days off if my roster clashes with the weekend. will keep you posted mariner !
i wont know til 1st june when i see my roster & boss

Back to top Go down

forum get together/information/learning curve ?? Empty FORUM GET TOGETHER

Post  goldminer997 Fri May 20, 2011 7:23 am

HI MARINER
count me. in will be a good weekend meeting people from the forum won,t get down there till late friday 8 hours drive
from up here
cheers sean gold miner997 Very Happy
goldminer997
goldminer997
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2010-08-25

http://www.coasttocoastprospectingtours.com

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowmellow Sat May 21, 2011 1:09 pm

I will be there.

Cheers,

Tim Eureka
yellowmellow
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

forum get together/information/learning curve ?? Empty laancoorie camp

Post  cranky53 Sat May 21, 2011 7:22 pm

see you there ,should be a good weekend,cheers

cranky53
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  mariner3800 Mon May 23, 2011 6:53 pm

Hi Guys,

Check out the new post Laanecoorie Weekend

Peter
mariner3800
mariner3800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down