Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ride your DRY RUNs OUT

+5
GoldstalkerGPX
Nature_Pete
HueyDuck
Chookfoot
skysite
9 posters

Go down

Ride your DRY RUNs OUT Empty Ride your DRY RUNs OUT

Post  Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:56 pm

I had been starting to get regular gold and you start to feel like you will never come home empty handed Smile Well then you have a dry run Shocked what the hell is going on?....so 5 trips out again and zilch,it can bring you down a bit..But that`s the reality,well i just kept getting out there and trying to better my technique,and be intune with my detecting gear...

I went to three spots on Tuesday determined to come home with a some yellow...on the third spot i ended up on a little patch that yeilded three 0.2 bits and a fourth that didn`t even weigh up..Well this led me on to return to that area yesterday....and Bingo i dug a ripper of a hole for my biggest nugget yet....at 9.3 grams Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Cheers Eureka Dreams

Back to top Go down

Ride your DRY RUNs OUT Empty Re: Ride your DRY RUNs OUT

Post  skysite Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:06 pm

9.3 grammar well done mate persistence pays off.....
Any pics ?????????
Dave
skysite
skysite
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Chookfoot Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:21 pm

Awesome stuff.. Very Happy
Them dry runs can get NASTY ! Laughing
Chookfoot
Chookfoot
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2009-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  HueyDuck Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:02 pm

Six months of finding gold only small stuff but its gold, then BANG nothing for Four months and pulled a tiddler. Four months every sunday 9 till 5 with no gold scratch I still cant work it out, might help if i can read the dam ground properly too!!!!!

Duckopening....
HueyDuck
HueyDuck
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:20 pm

Thanks for your comments..
Hello dave / I will try and get a pic up of it soonish.

Hello Chook / Yeah them dry runs can drive a man to drink lol! I`m looking forward to hearing about your finds with your newly acquired 4500.

Hello Hueyduck / Sometimes all the ground reading isn`t text book as the old timers have turned everything upside down Smile Having said that if you are in good known gold bearing areas,then you just keep covering the ground,keep your ears tuned in and dig everything as gold does turn up where you least expect it..Hope you get on a gold run soon.

BTW...when i found that nugget i had taken a few detecting buddies to that spot where i got the little bits...Well first up one mate gets a 1.7 gram bit...Yes that can put a bit of pressure on you to find some Laughing So i found myself starting to rush around a bit...I then settled down (Got a grip) and relaxed and corrected my technique...i kept digging small shot so that`s a good thing as somebody has missed it,and it could just have well been gold...Well the lead got lean too...so i just kept covering ground until i walked onto that 9.3 grammer...The third mate in our group asked if he could detect below my position....He was getting bullets and more bullets...and Bingo he dug a similar hole as i did for a lovely 5.7 gram nugget cheers We were all very happy.

Cheers All
Eureka Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post  Nature_Pete Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:25 pm

Very nice work Eureka! I can't wait to see the pics!

Nature Pete. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Nature_Pete
Nature_Pete
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2011-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:42 pm

9.3 grams cheers A well deserved find, Conratulations.
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:00 pm

Well done Eureka Dreams.Just like the times of old,dry runs were just as common then as what they are today.It is to be expected.
You'll find that the more determined you are and the more experience you gain in this game,the more the dry runs become fewer.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:11 pm

Damn ! what a great way to end the drought .... top job eureka dreams... congrats to you & your mates
Looking forward to seeing the pic ..
cheers gully hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  wil Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:18 pm

Smile Wow Eureka Dreams fantastic! persistance prevails again great stuff ! 9.3 grams whooo hooo.
Wil cheers

wil
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  HOBO'S Gold Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:21 pm

Well done Bill, Its a bloody good detector you got there ( oh thats right it was the one I sold you, dam Sad ) congrats on the Nugget bill well done.
Regards Johnny sunny
HOBO'S Gold
HOBO'S Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 969
Registration date : 2008-10-22

https://www.youtube.com/user/HOBOsGold?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:25 pm

Well done!! looking forward to the pics!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:50 pm

Thanks again for your comments appreciated...i am a member of 2 forums and have met quite a few members in person who have a passion for gold detecting...This is a great forum and the collective knowledge is vast and very helpful,and i say thank you to those that have helped me to improve my detecting skills...And yes persistance does pay..Happy gold hunting fellow members.

PS..Hello Johnny (Hobo`s Gold) I am taking good care of your old 4500 and am trying to keep it well fed,as it likes a nugget or two Smile You must be excited about your planned trip to the West,and swinging your new 5000 cheers

Eureka Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:01 am

good one Eureka Dreams, it's bad when you hit a dry patch i'v been lucky as my dry patch lasted for a month... but when you hit it again it's like your first bit over again... but 9 gramer bloodyhell that's a great way to start again good on you mate
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  TheGoldenChild Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:21 am

well done Eureka Dreams, a nugget that size would keep me happy thru many a drought.
TheGoldenChild
TheGoldenChild
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2010-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:44 pm

I think that is the name of the game with Detecting it is persistence and putting in the time. It is just great to be out and adventuring around as well and sitting around a campfire at night watching the sunsets and the night sky and the ocassional shooting star and satillite and just staring into the fire and sipping a cool drink or nice warm cuppa of something. Twisted Evil rabbit

Back to top Go down