Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who runs a B&Z

4 posters

Go down

Who runs a B&Z  Empty Who runs a B&Z

Post  fisho101 Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:39 pm

I am running the B&Z is there any variants that anyone is running different to default because of the B&Z ?
fisho101
fisho101
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2011-05-05

Back to top Go down

Who runs a B&Z  Empty Re: Who runs a B&Z

Post  Guest Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:52 pm

I am running the B&Z with dual speakers, it is plugged into the wireless module so it gives you cable free except for the bungy, it all works quite well.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:10 am

The B&Z works very well with the GPZ and was used extensively throughout the development of the detector.

Settings I use with the GPZ and dual speaker B&Z plugged into the WM 12 are:

Threshold: 27
Volume: 10
Sensitivity: 8 to 12
Tone: 60
Audio Smoothing: OFF
Volume Limit: 10
Tracking: Auto
Gold Mode: High Yield or General
Ground Type: Difficult

Notes: You can increase the Volume to 12 but you will need to back off the Threshold (23 is good) and be prepared for more feedback from the detector, Professional users will definitely notice the improvement on deep slugs using this method but it can be overpowering. Be aware if you use Audio Smoothing on LOW or HIGH then you will need to adjust the Volume control to compensate for audio loudness loss, I STRONGLY recommend you stick to using Audio Smoothing in OFF and train your ear, I would rather lower the Sensitivity than back off on Audio Smoothing as there is a very large reduction in performance when applying Audio Smoothing.

The latest B&Z boosters have a unplug-able lead, we can also supply a curly lead for GPZ and SDC owners. I recommend users place the WM12 in their trouser pocket closest to the screen with the speaker facing in, this gives the best direct line of sight to the POD to prevent packet loss in the audio (drop outs).

Sorry if this sounds like a product placement but felt it was valid relative to the OP's question.

JP
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2008-11-25

http://www.theoutbackprospector.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:44 am

G'day JP

All the info is relevant as to the best way to use the 7000 and how best to setup when using the B&Z, thanks for sharing your settings, much appreciated.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:29 am

Hi JP, I use the B&Z with only one speaker, there is much difference with the setting?
Cheers
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:05 am

goldquest wrote:Hi JP, I use  the B&Z with only one speaker, there is much difference with the setting?
Cheers

Not really Gokdquest, audio is richer and fuller with two but overall the principal is the same.

JP
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:51 pm

Thank you JP. Please can you explain this part for me:

[u]I recommend users place the WM12 in their trouser pocket closest to the screen with the speaker facing in, this gives the best direct line of sight to the POD to prevent packet loss in the audio (drop outs).[/u]
Cheers
Giancarlo
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:22 am

The GPZ uses a wireless signal to transmit its audio to the WM12, that signal can carry a long way in a direct line of sight situation, however it loses strength very quickly when trying to pass through the human body. If you body comes between the WM12 and the POD you will drop packets (small groups of audio information that are transmitted from the pod), if you drop packets it will sound like you have a broken wire in your audio set up (headphones or speaker), hence my suggestion you mount the WM12 as close to the pod as possible.

Hope this helps
JP
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  fisho101 Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:54 pm

Thanks for your advice JP .
fisho101
fisho101
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2011-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:54 pm

Thank you JP for the clarification, can I ask where you carry your WM12 because can't be too far from the B&Z .
Cheers
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Redfin Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:17 pm

Do we know where in the GPZ housing the audio transmitter is?
Is covering it up with a heavy canvas cover going to effect its signal strength at its destination, the WM12?
Redfin
Redfin
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2013-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:56 am

Redfin wrote:Do we know where in the GPZ housing the audio transmitter is?
Is covering it up with a heavy canvas cover going to effect its signal strength at its destination, the WM12?

The transmitter is in the POD (screen section above the handle), canvas will not worry it, the WiStream signal does not like to travel through the human body so try to avoid getting yourself between the POD and the WM12.

JP
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:57 am

goldquest wrote:Thank you JP for the clarification, can I ask where you carry your WM12 because can't be too far from the B&Z .
Cheers

The latest B&Z boosters have a unplug-able lead, we can also supply a curly lead for GPZ and SDC owners. I recommend users place the WM12 in their trouser pocket closest to the screen with the speaker facing in, this gives the best direct line of sight to the POD to prevent packet loss in the audio (drop outs).

JP

Last edited by Jonathan Porter on Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:00 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Second quote did not come up for some reason.)
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down