Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chinese detectors

+15
slugsbrother
TheH0ward
Chuckles
Rtanweb
klob
Goldbait
maka
Nebuchadnezzar
secret squirrel
kon61
delapan
byronbinalong
harryopal
TheGoldenChild
Acan
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Chinese detectors - Page 2 Empty Re: Chinese detectors

Post  Chuckles Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:55 pm

Minelab is made in Australia and Malaysia but only fakes are made in china... as you could easily find out for yourself...Goobye klob

Chuckles
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2011-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post  TheH0ward Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:11 am

How about the argument stops now guys.
Chuckles mate, please dont make this too rasist coz its a bit offending to me.
Thanks guys
TheH0ward
TheH0ward
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2010-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post  slugsbrother Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:47 pm

I will agree with Klob on one point, this forum is very pro minelab and seemingly anti other brands.

As someone in the market and new to this, I will try and explore all avenues and just because something is cheaper or very expensive does not really make either the best.

It would be good to see some independent consumer tests done on depths, ease of use, value for money etc.

As a newbie, purchasing your first detector appears to be the hardest part.

Buy a really expensive one and your out of pocket a lot of money without really trying it first, buy a cheap one and you may be wasting your time as you could be missing gold (or are you?) or invest in a 2nd hand mid range product only to decide a few months into it you love it and want to upgrade, leaving yourself out of pocket again.

Unless your cashed up, its not easy lol.

slugsbrother
slugsbrother
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Goldbait Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:53 pm

looks like strawberry has some brothers.

the reason why people on this forum are pro minelab is because all the other brands don't prove themselves on the australian gold fields like the minelabs do.
Goldbait
Goldbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  klob Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:06 pm

[quote="Goldbait]

the reason why people on this forum are pro minelab is because all the other brands don't prove themselves on the australian gold fields like the minelabs do.[/quote]

Is this why other brand detector have found the biggest nuggets?

How are u proven this ?

What are australian conditions?
Please post some review not sponsered by the vendor.

Last edited by klob on Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

klob
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Goldbait Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:08 pm

klob, without getting into a slanging match. do your own research. have you actually read through every post on this site and found what other peoples opinions are. i think not.

i've said enough on this matter. and i stand by what i've said in this thread.
Goldbait
Goldbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  klob Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:16 pm

Goldbait wrote:klob, without getting into a slanging match. do your own research. have you actually read through every post on this site and found what other peoples opinions are. i think not.

i've said enough on this matter.

I am not the one trying be little other person, I would like all this useful information u speak of. You seem to know alot?

What is australian conditions?

Which detector has found the biggest nugget?

Easy question for someone who'knows his detectors like yourself remeber I am just a newbie on here

klob
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  slugsbrother Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:01 am

Goldbait wrote:looks like strawberry has some brothers.

the reason why people on this forum are pro minelab is because all the other brands don't prove themselves on the australian gold fields like the minelabs do.

I am not his "brother" and have no agenda here nor any interest in having one.

I am simply, as I stated, a newbie and potential consumer. I respect that you have information on this subject and appreciate your input which I have taken on board, but again, it would be good to see some independent market research rather than just word of mouth.
Guess I will keep saving my penny's and reading the forums.

Thanks.
slugsbrother
slugsbrother
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post  klob Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:27 pm

I guess it coming to light that the fanboy on here really justnget stuck in by all the media hype and really don't know what they are doing.

Myth - minelab is not 100% made in australia

No one know what made for australian condition means. It sounds like the car made for australian condition and they had to define this due to marketing regulation. Does this mean highway, city, country or beach conditions?

My point is, I enjoy being in the outdoors with what ever detector,pan or sliuce I want to use. I enjoy giving a wave to other prospector as being part of the outdoors is what it all about not what gear I am wearing or using.

And to all the people the fan boy on this thread, it really show how much solid research you have done as it seems to me you just read what ever the vendor wants to tell you.

Where I go gold hunting, it clay based, pi make to much noise, so I ask you do you really know what your metal detector is telling you?

Why is it cheaper to buy a minelab in the states then australia? Why can't I transfer the warranty?
I love the minelab products but am not a fanboy lead by blind faith! I do my own research unlike other people who just treach to their ownoll forums and the internet making pointless facts and stupid statements.

But i guess that why marketing was invented to lead the blind into buying glasses.

Each to their own.

klob
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:45 pm

Cheap Chinese detectors are stating 3 to 5 meters depth, A bold statement? Was this detected on a five cent piece or a buried truck, or can you dive to a depth of 5 meters without harming there detector "Water Proof"!
In all honesty, if they can detect a 1 gram nugget at 5 meters, I don't want to know about it, I'm much happier drinking a slab of beer,
than digging a 16 foot hole for a $40.00 reward!
My 5000 has picked up 1 gram nuggets at 14 inch's or so, I don't want it detecting any deeper for 1 gram of gold!

Cheers~Chris.

Back to top Go down

Post  ange Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:46 pm

Chuckles wrote:
China is the scourge of the earth in terms of undermining research and development by their copying of products..a bunch of mindless looters after an easy buck.
If you have a problem with anyone who dares to tell the truth about the poor quality of Chinese products then tough luck...I guess you are of Chinese origin and that is why you are spruiking Chinese made detectors right?.
Damn..I can find the "bugger off" smiley.

ChucklesMight I suggest that you retract your racist remarks as I am offended as are others, your comments are a disgrace to this forum.
Very disappointed.
Perhaps you may like to review the following link
https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t3-welcome-the-rules-of-the-forum

Last edited by ange on Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : took out the smiley)
ange
ange
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  fossicker12 Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:42 pm

I Agree with Chuckles on the tech front China does pump out "nearly" all crap Electronics.. my stereo is a Marantz Made in Japan, there is nothing like fine built Electronics and quailty sound etc etc..and from 10 year Exp working at a Landfill site i can tell you china sell's stuff with a short shelf life....
Last Just Long Enough so u dont think it was a lot of $$$ u justt buy same item 5times....
What a Face What a Face

fossicker12
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Chuckles Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:07 pm

ange wrote:
Chuckles wrote:
China is the scourge of the earth in terms of undermining research and development by their copying of products..a bunch of mindless looters after an easy buck.
If you have a problem with anyone who dares to tell the truth about the poor quality of Chinese products then tough luck...I guess you are of Chinese origin and that is why you are spruiking Chinese made detectors right?.
Damn..I can find the "bugger off" smiley.

ChucklesMight I suggest that you retract your racist remarks as I am offended as are others, your comments are a disgrace to this forum.
Very disappointed.
Perhaps you may like to review the following link
https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t3-welcome-the-rules-of-the-forum

OK... sorry to anyone who feels offended or otherwise aggrieved by my remarks that were taken to be racist...I should have simply asked if he was in anyway connected to the manufacture, import or distribution of these detectors or any other products from country X... I'll be more aware of your sensitivities from now on.

Chuckles
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2011-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:42 pm

G'day All,

I see that this thread is getting some attention...I just like to say that it quite obvious that there are many copies being manufactured..

Caveat emptor springs to mind....

Too add - any reply's less than a rational nature to this thread will be viewed unfavorably..so members please keep on topic.

Cheers
A

Back to top Go down

Post  Montychops Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:51 pm

China is the land of the “reveres engineering” they buy 5 original product have a team of highly qualified electrical engineers strip them back and blue print them,

Then they make hundreds of them using low quality transistors/ diodes/ Labour etc.. but not always…
I would not assume these are all inferior machine; there is no secret technology at play here,

A ” 10pF1 Capacitor” is a ” 10pF1 Capacitor” only the quality of the materials to make Capacitor can change, Australia makes the worlds finest parts even NASA uses some Australian gear. So i assume Minelab uses nothing but the highest quality parts in there PI Machines. And a quality control system second to none

Copyright laws in China are a joke, so Minelab cannot do a dame thing about it, all it can do is try to enforce its own copyrights in country’s that still care about copyrights laws,

Which sadly to say is getting very hard…. we have all heard the horror stories……
Minelab has got a **** storm heading it ways, and the company will have to make so very tough choice in the next couple of years.
Montychops
Montychops
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Brickie Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:11 pm

You shouldnt underestimate the Chinese, Ive had some absolute rubbish from China and some really good stuff to rival other manufacturers quality..
We should all be afraid of the rising of the sleeping dragon as they can do our jobs at 1/10th of the price.
Brickie
Brickie
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2011-08-05

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2