Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IRON REJECT SETTING

Go down

IRON REJECT SETTING Empty IRON REJECT SETTING

Post  MacRob Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:59 pm

Hi all,
Has anyone ever had success with the 4500 using iron reject. It appears the popular view is dont do it. I have tried it in trashy areas (without success) the signals seem confusing to me.
MacRob

MacRob
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

IRON REJECT SETTING Empty Re: IRON REJECT SETTING

Post  Guest Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:34 am

Hi Macrob

DD coils have their purpose, but for general scrounging around old
diggings in Vic the golden rule is
Mono coils & dig all, & i mean all Targets.
You will find that over any given time you will get more gold
than using a DD coil with discrimination Modes.

Coils like the 8"Mono - 11"Mono -10"x5"Mono will pull you more nuggets
than 85% of all the coils on the present market.
Head for the most overgrown thicket infested alluvial gully"s and poke that coil into every
nook & cranny you can find, even if its just 10 inches into that Undetected Ground you
wil get good gold.
I used to take a "Bunnings" Full steel rake with me and clear a decent sized (40x40 foot) area
and then i would mark it out by scratching sections with a stick so i didnt miss a square centimetre
and the amount of nuggets i got was far better than wondering all over the joint....

There still is so much of the original & richest parts of the Vicorian GULLY rushes that
has never seen a Garrett A2B let alone a fully armed up Minelab so for
a couple of hours at the start of your day to get 3/4 of a day on that Premium ground is
well worth the trouble.. cheers

Pete in WA Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  MacRob Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:54 am

Thanks Pete for the good advice and info.
Regards, MacRob

MacRob
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

IRON REJECT SETTING Empty Re: IRON REJECT SETTING

Post  Guest Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:25 am

Gday

For the most part the descrimination does not really work effectively and the signals can be confusing and contradictory so I find its better left off and to just dig everything you hear.

I am with Pete on his explanation of using small mono coils in thrashed areas, I do the same and sometimes pull some good gold from these well flogged areas, every area has parts of it that have recieved little or no attention and its often the scrubby and rough looking bits or the bits that dont have the right look, these are the spots that you need to get into and work, and as Pete says get in and poke the coil into every nook and cranny.

If you are working scrapings the least worked areas are the bits under the windrows and the areas in between the scrapes and around the bases of any tree or bush thats still standing, you will be surprised what you can come up with, most people detect all the flat even ground in between the windrows but so has everybody else, you will often still snag the odd bit but the best is still found in the other areas I mentioned.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Post  MacRob Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:36 pm

Thanks Stayyer, I was in WA last year and helped a bloke who was stranded with a vehicle problem. After he was ok he showed me the results of some of his work and how he did it. He was in a surfaced area using a DD on iron reject, I`m damned if I know how he put up with the confusing signals in such a trashy area however the proof was in the pudding. Thanks again.

MacRob
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down