Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloody Covid 19

3 posters

Go down

Bloody Covid 19 Empty Bloody Covid 19

Post  adrian ss Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:45 pm

Just as I was beginning to feel great I get nailed with Covid again. Mad
Not a clue as to where I might have contracted it, have not been out and about much at all. It is still floating around waiting to pounce on the unsuspecting.
Does not say much for the 4 vacc's I have had.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4365
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Bloody Covid 19 Empty Re: Bloody Covid 19

Post  Kon61gold Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:03 pm

Sad to hear Adrian, hope you get well & a speedy recovery. Sometimes one does not have to look for trouble, it comes to your doorstep (so to speak).
The vaccines are only to stop one from serious illness from covid-19 but not contagion.
I've had 5 of the Pfizer vaccines & am considering the current 6th, for its been just on a year since my last shot & no doubt my immunity to the current strain of corvid-19 would be just about 0% by now. Shocked Laughing
It's logical to say, although I've been lucky not have caught covid-19 so far, but only a matter of time, before ones luck runs out, to this invisible enemy.
In saying this, each to their own decisions on taking the vaccines or not. After all, were all different metabolically & no 2 people are built identically the same.

Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4514
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:09 pm

I've said this before the covid vaccines hopefully stop you from getting hit by mike Tyson and only getting a slap by Mr bean.
Because there is basically no reporting anymore on covid stats people are complacent because they're unawares, out of site out of mind.
For the first six weeks of this year in Vic around 100 people died per week, it has tapered of in the last couple of weeks to around 20 to 30 /week.
There is a new variant JN1 rearing it's ugly head up and causing abdominal pains and vomiting .
"The World Health Organization (WHO) classified JN. 1 as a 'variant of interest' in December 2023 and in January strongly stated COVID was a continuing global health threat causing 'far too much' preventable disease with worrying potential for long-term health consequences. JN. 1 is significant.29 Jan 2024"google search.
Get well soon Adrian and keep masking in indoors ,It ain't over!

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1868
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:55 pm

This second dose was a bit worse than the first in that I woke up early one morning about a week ago with the shivers and shakes, whole body aching and sweating like a porker. Strange thing was that the shakes only lasted about 2 minutes. I got out of bed and had a large drink of water and was able to sleep ok for the rest of the night.
For a few days after that I felt like I had a bad cold , a bit like the flu but not bad enough to keep me in bed other than to have a couple of short cat naps during the day. Have taken the anti viral meds starting two days ago and have recovered significantly so should be good by Sunday.
I am not very keen on having more covid vaccinations because had some bad reactions to the last three out of four. the first shot was fine.

adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4365
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:01 pm

Shocked I hear you moredeep. Looks like I'll be having my next shot, more sooner than later. Now that winter is just around the corner, there really is no room for complacency. We can't hide from it forever.

Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4514
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:15 pm

The new monovalent XBB vaccines now gives you a 50% coverage against contracting covid, so get that one if you can.
Better than nothing Question

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1868
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:58 am

Tested negative this morn, Ya Hoo!
Now the Miss's is positive. Rolling Eyes