Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Almost No Chance Of Winning Power Ball

5 posters

Go down

Almost No  Chance Of Winning Power Ball Empty Almost No Chance Of Winning Power Ball

Post  adrian ss Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:46 am

Div One has not gone off in the past 6 draws. That is a total of approx 170,000,000 tickets sold over the past 6 draws.  This means that if you had the cash to splash that you could purchase 170,000,000  individual tickets and still  not win Div ONE. pale
 Forget Power ball It is a total waste of your hard earned cash;    Just play Sat Lotto.....Even then yours chances of winning the div one is still approx 1 in 8 million....Still steep odds but way better chance than winning Power ball.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4365
Registration date : 2015-07-03

big fella and bicter like this post

Back to top Go down

Almost No  Chance Of Winning Power Ball Empty Re: Almost No Chance Of Winning Power Ball

Post  geof_junk Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:08 pm

But you only need one to win. Ha Ha Ha fat chance......
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 936
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Almost No  Chance Of Winning Power Ball Empty Re: Almost No Chance Of Winning Power Ball

Post  Pebbles Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:51 am

Indeed, the chance of taking out first prize is very, very slim. However, as a lotto agent pointed out to me many years ago, there are plenty of lesser prizes to be won, and a win is a win.

There are a couple of upsides every time we buy a ticket, particularly when a huge jackpot is on offer.

Firstly, it’s the little bit of fantasy or the Lotto Dream of thinking what we would do if we knocked off the Big One.

Secondly, at least for Lotterywest, about a third of money spent on tickets goes to various charities. That’s got to be a good thing and makes me feel just a little bit better about not winning anything (again)!

Pebbles
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-06-04

bicter likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  bicter Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:36 pm

To me, a "win" is where the money returned to you is more than originally outlaid.
I've had plenty of so called wins over the years but cant recall the last time the return exceeded the outlay Sad
bicter
bicter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:38 pm

Back in the nineties we bought our xlotto tickets every week. Then we went an entire year without winning a cent, not one little spit. Nix zero zip. I gave it away then and have never bought a ticket since. Nor do I gamble in any way but
A club I belong to have a member draw every Friday night with a fifty dollar prize. No entry fee just be a member. It took me nine years before I got my fifty bucks and haven't had it since and that's five years ago.
I take comfort in that I have won the biggest lotteries in life, born in Australia, healthy and happy and eighty year of a wonderful life with kids and grandkids all healthy and happy.
A million bucks wouldn't be better.
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1842
Registration date : 2009-10-12

bushbasher90, geof_junk, bicter and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down