Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Tek-Point pinpointer

3 posters

Go down

The Tek-Point pinpointer Empty The Tek-Point pinpointer

Post  Vladislav Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:23 pm

Hello all

tell me please

who works with The Tek-Point pinpointer ?

https://tekneticsdirect.com/products/detectors/tek-point

Now i working with pinpointer Sphinx 03.

But, I read that Tek-Point Pinpointer has a greater depth.

This is true ?

Vladislav
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2023-04-28

Back to top Go down

The Tek-Point pinpointer Empty Re: The Tek-Point pinpointer

Post  bicter Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:23 am

The Teknetics pinpointer is a pulse Induction unit.
As the Sphinx has Iron reject so I'd assume that it uses VLF technology which makes it better on small/tiny targets.
Given the above, the Teknetics will have greater depth of detection
bicter
bicter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 395
Age : 67
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Vladislav likes this post

Back to top Go down

The Tek-Point pinpointer Empty Re: The Tek-Point pinpointer

Post  Vladislav Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:11 pm

bicter wrote:The Teknetics pinpointer is a pulse Induction unit.
As the Sphinx has Iron reject so I'd assume that it uses VLF technology which makes it better on small/tiny targets.
Given the above, the Teknetics will have greater depth of detection

thank you

Sphinx not have Iron reject

Only LED / Green Red

But they do not work correctly

Vladislav
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2023-04-28

Back to top Go down

The Tek-Point pinpointer Empty Re: The Tek-Point pinpointer

Post  bicter Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:29 pm

Vladislav wrote:
bicter wrote:The Teknetics pinpointer is a pulse Induction unit.
As the Sphinx has Iron reject so I'd assume that it uses VLF technology which makes it better on small/tiny targets.
Given the above, the Teknetics will have greater depth of detection

thank you

Sphinx not have Iron reject

Only LED / Green Red

But they do not work correctly
I based my answer on this review https://www.detectorprospector.com/topic/23289-the-sphinx-03-the-best-pinpointer-you’ll-never-own/ which suggests it has iron discrimination.

Do you have a link to the manufacturers specifications? Just found this link https://www.sphinx-md.ru/catalog/Пинпоинтер-1.html but it isn't much help as I can't read Russian
bicter
bicter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 395
Age : 67
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Back to top Go down

The Tek-Point pinpointer Empty Re: The Tek-Point pinpointer

Post  hiluxer Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:15 pm

Here's the Google Translate version of that Sphinx Russian page:

TEST DRIVE OF PINPOINTER SPHINX 02 - FREE - details at the link.

Description of the metal detector (pinpointer) SPHINX 02 (Sphinx 02) with the SPHINX MAGNETIC™ function

The handheld metal detector (pinpointer) Sphinx 02 is designed for searching and localizing metal objects made of ferrous and non-ferrous metals in weakly conductive and dielectric environments. The operating mode is static. Automatic shutdown mode in the case.

Available in two colors: Black and orange.

Advantages of the manual metal detector (pinpointer) SPHINX 02

High sensitivity;

Dust and waterproof housing in accordance with IP68 (immersion depth up to 6 meters);

8 detection programs;

4 sensitivity levels (3 fixed + 1 user adjustable);

Quick ground adjustment;

"SPHINX MAGNETIC"™ function:

Dive function;

Static mode - target localization mode;

Anti-interference system;

Multi-tone sound indication;

2 sound indication circuits;

Light, sound and vibration alarm + flashlight with shutdown function;

Low battery indication;

Low power consumption;

Wide operating temperature range;

Ergonomic design;

“Loss” mode (for 40 minutes the device signals once every 10 seconds after 5 minutes of inactivity)

2 year warranty. Made in Russia.

hiluxer
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2017-06-04

Back to top Go down

The Tek-Point pinpointer Empty Re: The Tek-Point pinpointer

Post  Vladislav Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:38 pm

bicter wrote:
Vladislav wrote:
bicter wrote:The Teknetics pinpointer is a pulse Induction unit.
As the Sphinx has Iron reject so I'd assume that it uses VLF technology which makes it better on small/tiny targets.
Given the above, the Teknetics will have greater depth of detection

thank you

Sphinx not have Iron reject

Only LED / Green Red

But they do not work correctly
I based my answer on this review https://www.detectorprospector.com/topic/23289-the-sphinx-03-the-best-pinpointer-you’ll-never-own/ which suggests it has iron discrimination.

Do you have a link to the manufacturers specifications? Just found this link https://www.sphinx-md.ru/catalog/Пинпоинтер-1.html but it isn't much help as I can't read Russian

No, only indication / 2 LEDs

Vladislav
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2023-04-28

Back to top Go down

The Tek-Point pinpointer Empty Re: The Tek-Point pinpointer

Post  Vladislav Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:40 pm

hiluxer wrote:Here's the Google Translate version of that Sphinx Russian page:

TEST DRIVE OF PINPOINTER SPHINX 02 - FREE - details at the link.

Description of the metal detector (pinpointer) SPHINX 02 (Sphinx 02) with the SPHINX MAGNETIC™ function

The handheld metal detector (pinpointer) Sphinx 02 is designed for searching and localizing metal objects made of ferrous and non-ferrous metals in weakly conductive and dielectric environments. The operating mode is static. Automatic shutdown mode in the case.

Available in two colors: Black and orange.

Advantages of the manual metal detector (pinpointer) SPHINX 02

High sensitivity;

Dust and waterproof housing in accordance with IP68 (immersion depth up to 6 meters);

8 detection programs;

4 sensitivity levels (3 fixed + 1 user adjustable);

Quick ground adjustment;

"SPHINX MAGNETIC"™ function:

Dive function;

Static mode - target localization mode;

Anti-interference system;

Multi-tone sound indication;

2 sound indication circuits;

Light, sound and vibration alarm + flashlight with shutdown function;

Low battery indication;

Low power consumption;

Wide operating temperature range;

Ergonomic design;

“Loss” mode (for 40 minutes the device signals once every 10 seconds after 5 minutes of inactivity)

2 year warranty. Made in Russia.

I know all this ))
I have SPHINX 03

I'm interested in who is deeper

Vladislav
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2023-04-28

Back to top Go down

The Tek-Point pinpointer Empty Re: The Tek-Point pinpointer

Post  bicter Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:10 pm

bicter wrote:The Teknetics pinpointer is a pulse Induction unit.
As the Sphinx has Iron reject so I'd assume that it uses VLF technology which makes it better on small/tiny targets.
Given the above, the Teknetics will have greater depth of detection
/
As answered previously.
bicter
bicter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 395
Age : 67
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum