Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The usual unfilled holes

+3
geof_junk
Axtyr
moredeep
7 posters

Go down

The usual unfilled holes Empty The usual unfilled holes

Post  moredeep Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:19 pm

Sadly ; Castlemaine is becoming the most holey city in Victoria??
On numerous trips out, there are multiple upon multiple unfilled holes, these are not little scrapes but large unfilled areas.
One spot was a beautiful historic rocked filled sluiced run that was pulled apart and destroyed.
These so called prospectors are giving ammo to certain groups that would like to shut down our hobby.
If you know anyone who is lazy or ignorant to the rules of prospecting please educate them.

The usual unfilled holes 20230711
The usual unfilled holes 20230810

I can foresee that a miner rights will become very expensive with a TAFE course needed to obtain one.
On top of that I think fines may become serious, just like the fisheries; where equipment and vehicles can be confiscated if you don't have a fishing license.
Please please please, fill your holes properly.

not so cheers   moredeep

Last edited by moredeep on Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2018-05-23

staples61, big fella and hiluxer like this post

Back to top Go down

The usual unfilled holes Empty Re: The usual unfilled holes

Post  moredeep Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:33 pm

The usual unfilled holes 20230811
This was a good example of a stoned sluiced run which was pulled apart by an ignorant novice or a ignorant experienced F#%*wit.
I met up with axtyr today who commented on the amount of unfilled holes here in castlemaine.

cheers   moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2018-05-23

big fella and hiluxer like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Axtyr Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:07 am

When I saw what these/this person had done I was so angry. I couldn't believe that anyone could do this. Some of the holes were quite deep and others were about a metre square scrapes.

I doubt they even have a Miner's Right as it clearly states to FILL IN YOUR HOLES. It is even printed on the detector coils. Miner's Den also tell you to fill in your holes after getting your Miner's Right.

It's a very simple process, dig the hole, put the dirt back. It's not rocket surgery.
If you can't fill in the hole don't dig it in the first place.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Jims Gold, geof_junk, big fella, Reg Wilson, hiluxer and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:31 pm

Another problem with holes not fill in is it attracts more of the other idiots to extend them.
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 936
Registration date : 2008-11-11

jet clean and hiluxer like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  LongBrown Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:55 am

This sort of thing is most likely done by weekenders who are only up for limited time so need to dig as much as possible per trip out in a desperate attempt to recoup the thousands invested in shiny new machines.

I have noticed a remnant pillar of elevated river wash left in dangerous condition after some  have undermined it to the point of reaching the old timers workings inside the pillar. I’d estimate an easy 30 tonnes there resting on almost nothing.

LongBrown
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2023-02-20

moredeep likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  pablop Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:10 am

LongBrown wrote:This sort of thing is most likely done by weekenders who are only up for limited time so need to dig as much as possible per trip out in a desperate attempt to recoup the thousands invested in shiny new machines.

I have noticed a remnant pillar of elevated river wash left in dangerous condition after some  have undermined it to the point of reaching the old timers workings inside the pillar. I’d estimate an easy 30 tonnes there resting on almost nothing.

Note sure that the term weekender is relevant as many of our members are "weekenders", and those causing the destruction will start using that as an excuse. It looks like fines or bans on more areas are likely, but then those doing the damage are likely to ignore those changes anyway.
pablop
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2015-01-17

moredeep likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  LongBrown Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:20 am

I meant those who are on limited time in the field. Weekenders or out of towners  or whatever but they are in a hurry to find a bit no thought to the future.
Chokem Flat area is a fine example to study the impact of weekenders they rock up turn the place over , defacate everywhere and then leave.

In saying all of that I’m still considered a blow in myself

LongBrown
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2023-02-20

big fella and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowmellow Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:07 pm

must say the emi is pretty bad in the golden triangle these days too

alot of chatter from my sdc

normally a quite machine too.

yellowmellow
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post  jet clean Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:09 am

Getting bad out in daisy hill also, was out the other day and noticed big rocks 2 foot across moved everywhere leaving big holes unfilled all over the place and completely leveling the old heaps a local detectorist told me there in groups of 4 in one car hitting all the areas leaving open holes all over the place ,Even the bush tracks have large unfilled holes all over the place.

jet clean
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2014-08-15

Back to top Go down