Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REFILL YOUR HOLES........

+6
phill
kon61
granite2
GoldstalkerGPX
geof_junk
gollstar
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

REFILL YOUR HOLES........ Empty REFILL YOUR HOLES........

Post  Guest Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:35 pm

G'day Ladies and Gents,
I went out detecting the other day to an area not far from my place and found a great big hole left unfilled, it was right in the middle of a well used track and was about 2.5 feet deep. I have seen many a hole unfilled but this one really stirred me up, so "PLEASE FILL IN YOUR HOLES" !!! Even if you are having a bad day you always need to think positive, thinking that will always make you feel better at the end of the day even if it was a bad one... sunny

Cheers,
uncle bob. sunny

Back to top Go down

REFILL YOUR HOLES........ Empty Re: REFILL YOUR HOLES........

Post  gollstar Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:58 pm

Very Happy

Last edited by gollstar on Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
gollstar
gollstar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 697
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:21 pm

Don't the idiots know that if they leave the holes visible their patch is also visible and encourages other to their spot? There are many prospector riding looking for other peoples spots.
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:46 pm

Last edited by GoldstalkerGPX on Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pointless)
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:26 pm

Well said, Adrian. Couldn't have put it better myself.

Cheers, Jim
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:28 pm

Hi All,

A case in point, we dug 430+ nuggy's and a friend dug 130+ from a salt lake patch and with the first big rains they have all disappeared, it didn't take any effort to fill in the holes(mind you it did nothing to hide the fact that we had dug something as the red mud stood out on the white salt)but now we have a clean slate to work on.

We have a semi proffesional working from the Park and his holes are filled in ...always and compacted down to boot, again no effort if you dig it you fill it in, simple really.

It is amazing as to number of people who do not fill in their holes!!!, com'on people lift your game(New Years resolution...i must fill in our detector holes at all times)

Ron

PS:I got 1.6gr.-7 nuggs with my first trip for the new year..."go 2011"(salt lake)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:42 pm

Well I do a bit in the Castlemaine Heritage Park.. The PMAV and its members fought very very hard against the Greenies plus dogooders and succeeded to keep the park open to detectorists.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

But it amazes me endlessly to the xxxxx who do not backfill there holes -xxxxx Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Sad indeed Sad Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:16 pm

i was out a few weeks ago detecting and i found a spot that was just cover in rubbish there, someone just pulled up and just chucked it... this is the stuff that's going to shut the bush down for everyone... next time i go out i'll take a picture and post it....
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:41 pm

Well I found a fresh pile of rubbish around 12 months back

REFILL YOUR HOLES........ IMG_2046

Rummaged through it and found a reciept with all address details of dumpie (Thanks JB HIFI) cheers cheers cheers

REFILL YOUR HOLES........ CopyofIMG_2047

Sent an email to DSE/Parks Vic with all details noting I'm a member of the PMAV and how horrified I was that a local had dumped nappies/food stuff and all sorts of household waste in a Heritage Park

Rubbish gone cheers >>> Bloody local got owned by me Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:41 pm

G'day gents.

It greatly saddens me to see the beautiful forests of Victoria,littered with beer bottles,aluminum drink cans,the odd piles of domestic rubbish dumped here and there,and off-course the numerous unfilled detector holes in just about every area Ive prospected in.
A ten minute dig hole takes me ten seconds to back fill.Is this to much to ask for? Is it to much of a burden to take your rubbish back with you,
and dump it in a bin?If someone was to dump rubbish or dig holes in our own back yards ,would we be happy with that? I can assure you the answer,to all the above is "NO".Although the outback is not our home,it is home to many various species of wild life,that exhibit their own splendor and beauty,it deserves to be treated with respect.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:38 am

If you want to see rubbish then take a drive around the Whipstick in Bendigo.

It's not detectorist that empty their trailer loads but lazy, good-for-nothing locals that are too miserable to pay a tip fee. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:42 pm

ARARAT wrote:Well I found a fresh pile of rubbish around 12 months back

Rummaged through it and found a reciept with all address details of dumpie (Thanks JB HIFI) cheers cheers cheers

Sent an email to DSE/Parks Vic with all details noting I'm a member of the PMAV and how horrified I was that a local had dumped nappies/food stuff and all sorts of household waste in a Heritage Park

Rubbish gone cheers >>> Bloody local got owned by me Very Happy Very Happy

BRAVO!!!!!!! WELL DONE ARARAT cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:39 pm

well done mate! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:09 pm

Goldnomad wrote:If you want to see rubbish then take a drive around the Whipstick in Bendigo.

It's not detectorist that empty their trailer loads but lazy, good-for-nothing locals that are too miserable to pay a tip fee. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Robert

Agreed - The Whipstick plus surrounding bush is the local tip.. how sad Sad Sad

And the Greenies/Dogooders want people like us who respect the bush turfed out Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:25 pm

Last edited by GoldstalkerGPX on Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pointless)
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:16 am

Well done Ararat, if more people did what you did the bush would be a cleaner place. Every prospector should be on the lookout for dumped rubbish and report it when they see it.
They should also include the information that Rick did - the name and address of the dumper, if that is possible. A GPS waypoint would also be very helpful.

Cheers, Jim cheers
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:29 pm

I also found 2 x 20 Litre drums of waste oil. They had been there for awhile and were starting to weep Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Gave the Location plus GPS plot etc... They were removed by Parks Vic.. cheers

There is just tonnes of crap dumped by the less desirable locals... What about the old freezer with rotting food - why dont we just dump that too.. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Scumbags Suspect Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:17 pm

Well done Ararat...there are so many that could not give a stuff about dumping their rubbish anywhere...I do sometimes push a few unfilled holes in (other peoples that is) but make sure i refill mine...I know that after digging a deep hole for junk,you may may want to walk away in disgust..but it is easy enough to push it in than to dig it..

As mentioned there are so many bottles and cans dumped around...i sometimes think if i took the cans home to sell to the recyclers i would come out ahead on my goldless days lol!

Cheers Bill

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:39 pm

You know I refill the holes left by the slobs >>> A pox on them No No

I think we should be like South Oz - 10c each for returning those empty drink containers >>>> top idea and it wouldn't take long to make up petrol money ..... Question Question cheers cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:36 am

Hi Guys, I got back from holidays in Sydney visiting Family. I did a post yesterday here and looks like did not go through Question
Ararat, it's great to hear of some Fools out there getting caught dumping rubbish, it is always an eyesore and we all pay at the end of the day one way or another.... Sad
NOW, TO THE PROSPECTORS WHO DIG AND LEAVE YOUR HOLE UNFILLED - PLEASE RE-FILL YOUR HOLES, BY NOT FILLING IN YOUR HOLES IT SHOWS THE AUTHORITIES THAT WE CANNOT LOOK AFTER OUR LAND..... Sad
uncle bob

Back to top Go down

Post  phill Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:00 pm

I had a mate come down from FNQ late last year and set him up in a lovlely little secluded camp for a few weeks dectecting, first night in two vechicles arrived from Sydney and asked him how he managed to find THIER little piece of paradice? They ended up argueing amoungst themselfs (not with my mate) the next night and left. Pitty the tur#s didn't take thier cut down 44 gallon drum BBQ, drink cans, left over dog food and food wrapping, ALFIOL etc. back with them...but what really peaved me was finding thier exposed turds and paperwork not 30mts from my mates setup! And they say its thier paradice!!! Give me strength, if I was there I would have shoveled them up and put them in thier back seats but I once again had to bury them myself.... ah the life of a plumber follows me camping again!
phill
phill
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:08 pm

phill wrote:I had a mate come down from FNQ late last year and set him up in a lovlely little secluded camp for a few weeks dectecting, first night in two vechicles arrived from Sydney and asked him how he managed to find THIER little piece of paradice? They ended up argueing amoungst themselfs (not with my mate) the next night and left. Pitty the tur#s didn't take thier cut down 44 gallon drum BBQ, drink cans, left over dog food and food wrapping, ALFIOL etc. back with them...but what really peaved me was finding thier exposed turds and paperwork not 30mts from my mates setup! And they say its thier paradice!!! Give me strength, if I was there I would have shoveled them up and put them in thier back seats but I once again had to bury them myself.... ah the life of a plumber follows me camping again!

Funny isn't it about people and turds Very Happy

The entire planet is covered in crap, crap from rats,cats, birds,bugs, spiders animals of every kind, crap from fish, crap from germs, every square mm is covered in crap; When we go into the bush and spot emu turds we say " Jeez must be a few emus about', or if we spot roo sh...t we say " few kangas in this area by the looks of things", or cow turds or wombat crap or rabbit crap, rabbit crap we say " bugger should have brung me 22. and then thers pig sh...t, horse sh..t and tons of bull sh..t; yeah , buckets of bull sh..t. Well all of this crap doesn't bother us in the least but spot a pile of people turds and the sh..t realy hits the fan affraid Always seems to be something realy nasty about people turds pale
Still, if some clown takes a dump on my front lawn I will get a tad sh..t off, but if a wild roo or horse or emu craps on me lawn I will dig it in. Yeah people are funny about crap Suspect

Adrian SS

Back to top Go down

Post  chopppacalamari Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:42 pm

I agree **** does funny things to people. In the middle east they still wipe their bums with their bare hand.
times have changed again. The **** will no longer be able to hit the fan.

REFILL YOUR HOLES........ Fan_Landing_Range

The new fans have no blades..
chopppacalamari
chopppacalamari
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Buy a Big Mack in the middle East and there's a better than average chance that it will be Turd burger pale

Yeah have seen those gadgets in The Good Guys or somewhere. Pretty neat hey; There will be a fan in there somewhere but!? Suspect scratch

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:03 pm

Last edited by GoldstalkerGPX on Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pointless)
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:29 pm

Well that's because we Aussies always like to "Put Sh...T On, or Take the P..s Out Of" each other and then laugh it off. Wink
Jeez I reckon any Yanks reading thisthread will be a tad confused. scratch

Back to top Go down

REFILL YOUR HOLES........ Empty refill your holes

Post  mad mick Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:30 pm

i am just a newbie but all this whining and whinging about us detectorists not filling our holes is absurd, why dont youse mob whinge about the big mining companies leaving massive open cuts, machinery, piles of over burden and scarring up the land with there also massive trucks, dozers and loaders. i got a perfect signal once just that ever so faint whoop whoop and as i dug deeper it started to get louder so i had to get out the big gear, pick and shovel, got to about 1.5m deep by 1m round as it was screaming at me the deeper i got, and low and behold it was a piece of fencing from the 30;s i believe as it was near the original shaft and took that long to sink down in the silt and stuff. this took almost 3 hours to dig and at the end of it both of my hands were bleeding as the blisters came up after an hour and i worked through the pain barrier and physicaly had blood smeared all over the pick and shovel handles thinking this is my hand of faith, but alas it was not to be, now by that time my back was so sore it took about 5 minutes to extract my self from the hole as i did my back in as well, now be damned if i was going to take another couple of hours to fill that xxxxxx of a hole in, firstly i was not able to and secondly why should we when the mining companies dig a million/billion times bigger holes in the ground than us and just leave them there after they have made millions/billions from them. just does not make any sense to me, and also how many people have actualy gone back over someones previous hole that has been left and found some nice chunks, now by my thinking they would not have found them if them holes had been filled in and also sometimes when i get to an area with heaps of holes left i like to have a look around there as well in deep search mode with a larger coil as it seems to me they might of got something of value from them holes and i like to make sure that they did not leave any thing behind that was just a tad deeper. does that make any sense to youse whinging mob, next youse are going to start whining about the wombat/rabbit holes as well, rubbish i can understand but a few holes here and there, really write to your local mp,s and spend your energy/time on the real people that are stuffing up this great land of ours. them damn mining companies. did you know that the massive pit in kalgourlie can be seen from out of space, now that disgusts me more than a couple of detector holes in some old gold bearing areas already full of old digging holes/mullock piles.. bunch of whingers.. hope i dont turn out like youse mob when i get older..better things to whinge about or should i say worse. wake up and smell the roses, you aint never going to stop it, and i say its a good thing.. well thats my 2 bobs worth.. whos going to whinge about my thoughts first..mad mick..

Last edited by stayyerAU on Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Remove profanity)

mad mick
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:28 pm

Last edited by GoldstalkerGPX on Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pointless)
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

REFILL YOUR HOLES........ Empty refill your holes

Post  mad mick Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:32 pm

goldstalker4500. 20 years ago the sites around here looked exactly like the sites in your state, old diggings and as youse mob call them mullock piles, now there just been removed completly with great massive holes full of water and as for invading our fields they are almost all gone, i wish we did have some parks like youse mob down there, but it seems just about all that is left is nothing but piles of overburden/holes full of water and massive scaring on the land, how would you feel if that happened down there to your precious parks, they have literaly raped and pillaged the land with no thought for anyone but their shareholders and back pockets, so anytime you feel like invading us mob up here your more than welcome but dont be to shocked that you wont find a brass razoo because thats about all you will get, brass razoo im talkiing about and to my knowledge the price of brass razoos are not worth the brass there printed on.. later mad mick.ps.come and see for your self and i am sure you will be thankfull for what youse mob have, i would rather have some greenies to deal with than holes in the ground, just wait until the price of gold gets over the $2000 mark them mining companies are already im sure discussing ripping up your land, and with all the cash they have made from the nt. and then we will all have to go to sudan or some place like that to do our detecting.

mad mick
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:48 pm

Mick

As you said your just a NEWBIE, and i would suspect that a good 60% of the newbies are
mainly the ones leaving the holes open cause they are too green in the prospecting gills
to fully understand the Big picture of this issue especially in the eastern states where
practically all of the ground left open is in state reserves or forestry/historic reserves,
in WA the pastoral comittees are lobying their local members to bring this issue up in
parliament,and you dont need to have 1/2 a brain to realise that the minister for environment
and conservation and the other do gooder pollies are part of the same mob.
how long before even WA and NT for that matter are xxxxxx up and we are locked out of
it once and for all ?????/
THIS IS NOT A WHINGE
its a grade 1 lesson for newbies who have no respect
and are Green behind the prospecting gills.. scratch

Lesson #2 Dig a xxxxx hole when ya xxxxx. Suspect

Pete in WA

Last edited by stayyerAU on Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removal of profanity)

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next