Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REFILL YOUR HOLES........

+6
phill
kon61
granite2
GoldstalkerGPX
geof_junk
gollstar
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

REFILL YOUR HOLES........ - Page 2 Empty Re: REFILL YOUR HOLES........

Post  stevo 444 Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:01 am

Now now Mick thats not a very nice thing to say,

Lighten up a bit mate...
stevo 444
stevo 444
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:57 am

Razz Razz Razz

Bit un called for mick, hit a raw nerve did we,.... ill guarantee your " now be damned if i was going to take another couple of hours to fill that xxxx of a hole in " coment hit a raw nerve with most of the members in this forum, you cant go on about the companies leaving massive holes when the single bloke cant be stuffed even filling in a few tiny ones.

It just dont make sense to me Shocked

Pete in WA Cool

Last edited by stayyerAU on Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removal of profanity)

Back to top Go down

Post  phill Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:07 am

Hi Mick,
If you take time to read through the posts on this topic you may notice there really isn't that much whinging about refilling detector holes.
Most posts allude more to rubbish, and my gripe along with a few others is with crap and associated paper work left behind by others behinds.
I think most would also agree with you re the multinationalist rapist company's pits and massive scars on the landscape.
People on this forum don't generally whinge, they ask and answer questions and do that extremely well.
Like you I'm a "newbie" to the forum world as well. I chose to join THIS forum due to the quality of the people who make it a fantastic information guide.
I watched the forum for a few months, then joined the forum, then a few months later put up my first post. In doing so I got to understand the feel of the forum and what people were like.
In reading you posts you have an opinion and thats fine, like I say most here will probably agree with the open cut scars left by the mining companys, but mate you are being a bit harsh in labeling all as whingers.
If you want to take personal swipes at people because of thier opinions or because you don't understand what they are saying, there is a very easy solution for you there, don't bother!
As for unfilled detector holes, they are a pretty insignificant thing to me really, personally I refill mine and for those who don't the rain and weather will, given time. The old timers certainly didn't bother too much with thier shafts which gives me a guide to where they were on to the gold as well as being a part of the heritage of this country.
So anyway.... you getting any gold from those big digs? Bung a post up in general discussion and stay with the real topic... Gold.
P.S. you mob... not youse mob!
Phill.
phill
phill
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

REFILL YOUR HOLES........ - Page 2 Empty refill your holes

Post  mad mick Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:14 am

phill if you took the time to read my posts i also said i can understand about the rubbish being left behind there, as i for one take an exception to it as well, so mate before you get on your high horse read my original post properly, (what was the original comment.. ooohh refill your holes) and there was quite a few posts on holes being left unfilled which was the only reason i sent my first post in, and if you also want to take a personel swipe at me the easy solution for you to is dont bother, i also just am expressing my opinions.. last (should i say larst) but not least us mob up here say youse mob and you mob down there say you mob, so please dont and try to tell me how to speak nth australian as youse mob down there say darnce, plarnts,grarnts and us mob up here say dance,plants,grants.. and no not having to much luck have been to tumbling waters gold mine, zapaopan gold mine, bridge creek, yam creek, brocks creek, i am hoping to get down between hayes creek and pine creek directly, which is a 2-3 hour drive from here but them mob (something we both would agree on i am sure) spelling wise, the mining companies i reckon would have buggered them places up to... crickey... mad mick.

mad mick
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post  phill Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:40 pm

Nope, sorry Mick.. don't agree..."THAT" mob actually would be correct...

Don't want to take any personal swipes at you and I haven't.

Australians do say dance, France, lance etc (being english speakers). Didn't know there was nth australian? Some pommies pronounce the way you think is "southern"

grarnts? WTF?

Read your original post, what I consider swipes at forum members in general...

"i am just a newbie but all this whining and whinging about us detectorists not filling our holes is absurd, why dont youse mob whinge about the big mining companies"

"does that make any sense to youse whinging mob, next youse are going to start whining about the wombat/rabbit holes as well,"

"bunch of whingers.. hope i dont turn out like youse mob when i get older..better things to whinge about or should i say worse. wake up and smell the roses,"

2nd post.....

" how would you feel if that happened down there to your precious parks,"

"so anytime you feel like invading us mob up here"

3rd post....

"ooh i forgot just big gaping holes.. like that one in your face, that me thinks needs to be filled in..."

(getting directly personal here Mick...)

Mate no one has any problems with personal opinions, your entitled to be peeved with mining companys as I've stated most here are as well.

If your not doing that well with finding any gold lets know what machine your swinging and with what coil/s, I don't know of the areas your in but I'm pretty sure people on here will and as I say they are more than willing to help out as best they can.

Best just not to address them as whingers.

I"ve got a mate who was with a bloke who got a 12oz or so nugget from NT. a few years back.

Hope this helps clear things up a bit.

Phill.

phill
phill
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  mad mick Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:59 pm

sorry phill maybe not the best choice of words, maybe i should of said all of this talk for example, but did get a little riled up when beepinpete said to dig a xxxxx hole next time i ****, which had nought to do with my comment about refill your holes, which was the original post (to which i still cant work out why he said that) as i only voiced my opinion about the holes being left unfilled, so maybe that comment about filling that hole in his face was unwarrented, but i sort of took that a bit personal as well, so make sure you say something to him as well. i lived in sth aus for a while and that/them mob (or dem mob nt. slang 4sure) talk like pommies and put r's in a lot of their words like grarnt instead of grant, and am using a gpx4500 cabled to a 14x9 mono goldstalker by coiltek. and your mate of a mate that scored that 12 ouncer, just how long ago was that and what part of the nt. did he find it as our gold fields are spread right out from the top to the bottom (some 1700 + kms) from tropical to semi arid to desert conditions. thank you for your concern and will try from now on to keep my tongue firmly implanted between my cheeks. and last but not least if i did offend any one by calling them a bunch of whingers i am sorry (damn that was hard to type out) only joking, but truly am as i dont want to put anyone offside, on this forum especialy as the info and stuff is very much appreciated to a newbie like myself... crikey.. mad mick..

Last edited by stayyerAU on Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removal of profanity)

mad mick
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:07 pm

Last edited by GoldstalkerGPX on Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:17 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : pointless)
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  phill Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:30 pm

Well done Mick, and welcome to the forum!

Good advice comes cheap here and you will get plenty of it.

I also run a 4500 behind a 14"x9" coiltek which I personally think is about as good of a combination as you can get, although lately I've been experimenting with a 25" Nugget Finder, a 22" Coiltek Goldstalker and also a 16" Coiltek (all of them round mono's). I'll put up a thread soon on the results of these big puppies!

I'll speak to my mate soon and quiz him on some details re the NT find/s and let you know.

Meanwhile... my advice, for what its worth, put up a post in general discussion asking for direction on information about NT areas, you may be surprised at what comes back.

Cheers, Phill.

Last edited by phill on Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelt you wrong...)
phill
phill
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  shelby23 Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:42 pm

Hi

I feel a big huge group Hug is in order.
I think we should keep tongue‘s away from cheeks and just be friends. cheers

shelby23
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 685
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post  mad mick Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:45 pm

thanks fellas, next time i might say do you want a bit of cheese with that whine, but will proberly, upset the wine drinkers (not to mention the cheese eaters) all in jest of course, and shelby23 dont know about that group hug thing, could be a bad thing as some people might start talking and wondering if their on the right forum.?.and why did my word s##t get edited when beepinpetes did not. maybe cause his was in UPPERCASE. strange that.. oh well thanks for the advice and will be directly putting up a post in the general discussion as to some places that might be more gold bearing than the ones i have been to, and GoldstalkerGPX if you would of seen the size of the hole that i dug near the enterance of the old tumbling waters mine shaft i am sure you might not have filled it in as i reckon along the the super pit in wa it could also be seen from space. hee hee hee.. no but it was a lot of silt/soil that i removed and i was not physicaly abel to with all of my injuries and that, back/blisters/blood and be buggered, oops i mean was to buggered. there we go already using a better choice of words.. later fellas.. mad mick..

Last edited by mad mick on Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot me b in tumbling)

mad mick
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:17 pm

Last edited by GoldstalkerGPX on Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:18 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : pointless)
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:11 am

Gday Gentlemen

While I admire passion when talking about subjects such as these we still have to remember that this is a public forum and is visited by all ages and genders, so profanities and expletives thinly diguised by incorrect spelling or by the use of (&*^%$###$$ these sorts of things) still basically mean the same thing and should not be used for the same reason.

Some posts I have edited due to this and have used xxxxxx to replace the obvious expletives, also we all know that personal attacks on other members will not be tolerated so there has been one post deleted as well, the rest of us simply dont want this forum to degenerate into a free for all as other have, a little respect and toleration for others is all thats required.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2