Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brrrrrr, it was cold.

2 posters

Go down

Brrrrrr, it was cold. Empty Brrrrrr, it was cold.

Post  Axtyr Thu May 18, 2023 9:50 am

Hi all.

I had a pleasant day out at Castlemaine. 4 of us have flogged this area over the past 3 years and I am surprised that there is anything left there.
I managed one small piece of 0.06 gram.
Brrrrrr, it was cold. X2b4ZuA

I couldn’t believe the number of pellets I found, all of which are number 9 shot at least. They look even smaller but I didn’t think they were made that small. I also found a couple of old percussion caps and a button as well as the usual assortment of .22 calibre projectiles. There was also a number of hot spots that I was sure were metallic signals but after digging them up they either spread out or disappeared.

A lot of junk from a thrashed area. The mind boggles.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Detectist, GOLDGASM, hiluxer and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

Brrrrrr, it was cold. Empty Re: Brrrrrr, it was cold.

Post  Kon61gold Thu May 18, 2023 7:08 pm

Cold indeed & getting colder as winter sets in. Good on you for braving the weather conditions Axtyr & one bit of colour is better than no colour at all. Well done cheers
Some types of gold & the way it sits orientated in mineralized soil, can be completely unresponsive to ones coil.
It is not so much that most gold bearing ground is flogged to death, as much as it is with the limitation capabilities of our detector/coil combos.

Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4514
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down