Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Space X Is At It Again

2 posters

Go down

Space X Is At It Again Empty Space X Is At It Again

Post  adrian ss Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:10 pm

Check this out:
https://www.spacex.com/vehicles/starship/

Elon Musk Trust (47.4% equity; 78.3% voting control)
Number of employees

12,000 (April 2022)
Subsidiaries

Swarm Technologies
Website

www.spacex.com

Somebody has truck loads of money to burn.  Rolling Eyes

What a total waste of time and money.

Launch failed to eventuate.

I will say one thing for the musket ball....He does think big.

Why not put his money to a worthwhile purpose??...Instead of on a one way ticket to Mars.

There are very good reasons why humans have not evolved on Mars
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4351
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Space X Is At It Again Empty Re: Space X Is At It Again

Post  moredeep Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:44 pm

cheaper to go to outback Australia in summer to have your mars experience? Shocked Laughing Laughing

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:11 pm

At least alone  in the Out back No Mans Land you have a chance of survival, all be it a very  small one but on Mars there is no long term chance.
    Even if environmentally controlled and sealed living accommodation is built on Mars it will only last until the first not so large meteor strike or Mars Quake.and then it's all over red rover.
Of course large quantities of oxygen will be required to  breath and so the risk of fire will be of significant concern. Then of course there is all the poop and urine that will have to be either disposed of somehow or reused pale  which will then lead to the possibility of disease breaking out. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by adrian ss on Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:07 pm

na, just pump it out into space like we pump it into the ocean here.
I guess the brown meteorites re-entering the mars atmosphere will be a little whiffy Shocked Laughing Laughing

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:39 am

I think calling his sky rocket a Star Ship is a bit optimistic.
With todays,s technology and obtainable space velocities it will take approx 140,000 years to get to the nearest star system to earth which is the Alpha Centauri system. There is no possibility of life or of living on any of our solar system planets other than Earth.

There is likely to be life somewhere in our galaxy but the galaxy is 50,000 light years x 100,000 light years in size. The best place to start searching would be on the outer limits of this galaxy; Not a lot of point going towards the centre coz it is loaded with a black Hole. But once again the problem is that we can not achieve speeds necessary to do a search quickly.
Human kind is not going to last another 50,000 years...we will be lucky to survive another 10,000 years the way we are going

adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:17 pm

you're very optimistic there Adrian, I'm thinking <1000 years affraid T31 Q11
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:16 am

The Musket Balls rocket turned into another  Blunder Bus. Q25
   I think he needs new technicians and construction crews ...or as I said earlier; direct his money to worthwhile purposes.
Burning somewhere between 2 billion and 10 billion dollars is not exactly tea bag money or a smart move even if he is worth around 190 billion USD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RNIJ8w4-uw
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:20 pm

Another one bites the dust.
I'm not sure what was wrong with the space shuttle concept.
It was a simple idea, blast off into space then fly back to earth and land on a runway and was reusable.[ it had only one disaster, which was caused by a 2 dollar oring fault ??]

cheers moredeep

moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:12 pm

The space shuttle was bloody good aye!
But it was not designed to go to Mars and Back...The Star Ship is waaaaaay bigger, can carry much more cargo is capable of going to Mars, the moon or wherever and that big petrol tank is needed to give a fully loaded star ship  a good chance of sending a lot of gear and people to Mars.....To bad it keeps on failing. It is only  early days yet but  any expansive dream always goes through some teething problems. In this case those probs are costly.

I have a book that Mum and Dad gave to me in 1952 and in it is a detailed description of how we might travel to Mars and  back; it is not far removed from the Musket balls star ship and includes the establishing of space Relay Stations between Earth and Mars...Even the rocket looks a bit like the Star Ship.

It was interesting to watch the launch of the star ship because there were a few views looking directly up at the rocket engines and you could see very early in the launch that a few  of the engines did not ignite.  So not surprising when it started to go astray.

Last edited by adrian ss on Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:44 am; edited 2 times in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:10 pm

yeah, i could see a few splutterings coming from it's rear end just like my car Laughing

Ben Alton's book STARK was all about the rich leaving this doomed world for another world.

Star and ark being the two words inside stark, clever eh?

Anyhow elon has a few more billion to burn up and try another method to leave planet earth ,maybe a hot air balloon might be more successful?  Laughing

cheers    moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:45 am

One thing is for certain and that is that there is no advanced Alien technology involved with these rockets....They are still just big fire crackers belching fire, smoke and all sorts of pollution into the atmosphere....Where are the faster than light propulsion systems, where is the anti gravity drive or a half decent ion drive systems. Without light speed drive we might as well give up now and simply try to figure out how to stay alive on this planet. Rolling Eyes
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

peterinaust and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down