Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aftermarket coils for the 6000

3 posters

Go down

Aftermarket coils for the 6000 Empty Aftermarket coils for the 6000

Post  deutran Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:35 pm

Just to let anybody know I've been monitoring the NF12x7 and Coiltek 9" round for a few weeks and used both.As you would expect they are dynamite on 0.05g or smaller solids and excellent on species at depth.Both coils are stable and a little more responsive to hot rocks and a bit heavier than the 11" standard Minelab.
My preference at the moment would be the 12x7 due to the ground coverage and ability to squeeze between the shrubs at the moment.I think the Coiltek is better suited to the mullocks or reworking older small patches.
Anyway certainly they both perform well and stable and the manufacturers have done a good job.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1841
Registration date : 2009-09-26

geof_junk, adrian ss, hiluxer, moredeep and PeterInSa like this post

Back to top Go down

Aftermarket coils for the 6000 Empty Re: Aftermarket coils for the 6000

Post  Kon61gold Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:44 am

Good to hear & thanks for the update deutran. cheers

Kon Q11 T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4558
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Pebbles Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:34 am

Yeah, Deutran thanks for that info.

I was actually thinking of putting up a post asking if anyone had any experience with the NF 12”X7” Xceed as there seems be scant information on any Australian forums.
Your comments on the performances of the Xceed and Coiltek coils mirrors what I have been reading on a US forum (DP) that I follow.

It appears that there is no loss and perhaps a gain on small targets compared to the stock 11” Minelab coil.  The slightly bigger NF coil  gives more coverage and hopefully a bit more depth on smaller gold.  I have always been a bit of a fan of elliptical coils for their ease of pinpointing.

The detecting season here in the West will be kicking off soon and I have pretty well decided to get the Xceed coil.  My 6000 has had the speaker mod done and together with the Xceed coil I will be interested to see how much quieter it runs.

Pebbles
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:57 pm

I would recommend the xceed is a good purchase.Over the last 2 days I have been able to directly compare the 11"mono against it and there are some favorable benefits.It has less Emi,better ground coverage and quite stable.The tip is great for pinpointing and the narrow design allows it to slide in between objects.As far as nugget finds it was the better of the two(Slightly).This was 58 nuggets between 0.05-0.5g for 8 grams(4.2g for the NF).
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

hiluxer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Pebbles Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:55 pm

If I had any doubts about the NF Xceed 12”x 7, they have been dispelled after watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR3zpW_QrEQ.

I have watched a few of this lady’s vids and she comes across as being genuine and very down to earth. I find myself getting caught up in her obvious sense of anticipation and excitement when digging a likely gold target.

I am off on a trip in a couple of days, but unfortunately have not been able to buy this NF coil. It appears that the shipments to WA keep being promised, but do not arrive. One dealer here said that their entire next shipment has already been pre-sold. Another dealer expects an order to arrive next week and said that half of those have been pre-sold!
I too have now paid for a coil when it eventually gets here.

Pebbles
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:03 am

Pebbles don't despair the standard 11" should work quite well anyway I can imagine.The notable difference that I'm seeing is in the really small surface stuff anyway.So far me and the wife haven't purchased an aftermarket coil and are quite happy with the 11".I have just purchased a Avantree Torus wireless speaker system which fits around the neck and used it today quite a good unit very happy.It has proper AptxLL connection for the 6000.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

PeterInSa likes this post

Back to top Go down